Quantcast

░▒▓ MAXIMUM FRIDERP ▓▒░

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
My toe has been swelling for a few days. No idea if it's broken or wound infection. I did have a small wound under the nail so my dermatologist claims it is an infection but will go for an xray to be sure it's not a freak crack. Weird not knowing what it is.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
We got a little rain yesterday and some over night. Still need more and I have a lot of crap to do inside today so let it rain so tomorrow is nice. No summer school on Friday (yeah) and one more week until I'm at the beach!!!! Cheers!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Veterans breakfast at the moose lodge this morning. I shaved AND combed my hair so I don't stand out too bad. Should at least be interesting to hear what the speakers have to say.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I need to clean my bike tonight, so it doesn't look like I just pulled it out of a swamp when I go ride tomorrow. Hopefully someone in our group wants to ride some trails and not Dh tomorrow - I know, blasphemy. But riding the same 7 short trails over and over and over and over gets boring...

But before that, we have this work bullshit to take care of.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got a call from MIL that Hannah has vomited 2x since we left this morning. Sounds like it going to be a fun weekend for them. About to board and I'm so not looking forward to flying United...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Work is bullshit. 0/10, do not recommend.

I got a nasty comment from the person in queue behind me about putting a backpack in the overhead. There was no space for a roller bag, it's a 32L bag, and I'm using it instead of a roller - plus, it's not fitting under my seat. Deal with it princess.
Should have offered to stow it in her ass. STFU!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I got a nasty comment from the person in queue behind me about putting a backpack in the overhead. There was no space for a roller bag, it's a 32L bag, and I'm using it instead of a roller - plus, it's not fitting under my seat. Deal with it princess.
WTF is wrong with people?

I will say... this is one "nice" thing about Frontier - they charge more for a carry-on than for a checked bag, so there is generally LOADS over overhead bin space available. And they treat a small day pack as a personal item, so we just pack what we need in our day packs.

Gamin' the system, we are.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i imagine if there was a problem they would have told you to check it...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Alright guys - need some serious thought processes and assistance here. Working on the best man speech and I am stuck on trying to find a good analogy for DH racing. @Nick gave me a description as "playing chicken with yourself", which I've integrated in. I'm stuck on an analogy for the ridiculousness of DH racing from the perspective of someone with no idea, looking in.

So far I'm at:

Downhill mountain biking could best be described as riding a bicycle while playing chicken with yourself. You find the rockiest, steepest, most rutted, and generally most dangerous trail you could imagine and then ride your bike down it as fast as you possibly can. All while theoretically in control. AND, while race, to see who can get to the bottom the fastest!

I need it to be comical. The best suggestion I've gotten is comparing it to falling downhill, out of control, in a Red Rider wagon. All while trying to get to the bottom the fastest.

To understand downhill mountain bike racing, imagine riding a Red Rider wagon with shoddy brakes, out of control, down the most dangerous mountain trail possible. Then turning it into a race to see who can get to the bottom the fastest.

I need an analogy that someone with zero concept could easily understand.

Any ideas?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Alright guys - need some serious thought processes and assistance here. Working on the best man speech and I am stuck on trying to find a good analogy for DH racing. @Nick gave me a description as "playing chicken with yourself", which I've integrated in. I'm stuck on an analogy for the ridiculousness of DH racing from the perspective of someone with no idea, looking in.

So far I'm at:

Downhill mountain biking could best be described as riding a bicycle while playing chicken with yourself. You find the rockiest, steepest, most rutted, and generally most dangerous trail you could imagine and then ride your bike down it as fast as you possibly can. All while theoretically in control. AND, while race, to see who can get to the bottom the fastest!

I need it to be comical. The best suggestion I've gotten is comparing it to falling downhill, out of control, in a Red Rider wagon. All while trying to get to the bottom the fastest.

To understand downhill mountain bike racing, imagine riding a Red Rider wagon with shoddy brakes, out of control, down the most dangerous mountain trail possible. Then turning it into a race to see who can get to the bottom the fastest.

Any ideas?
going with the wagon angle....

1659713859021.png

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

So far I'm at:

Any ideas?
You could just end it with,

"I hope everyone was picking up what i was putting down with that analogy, because I kind of feel like I lost the point along the way. Blame it on all those times I hit my head while downhill mountain biking. Speaking of which, who's this guy to my right and why am I here?"

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You could just end it with,

"I hope everyone was picking up what i was putting down with that analogy, because I kind of feel like I lost the point along the way. Blame it on all those times I hit my head while downhill mountain biking. Speaking of which, who's this guy to my right and why am I here?"
Always a fan of self-depreciation.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
On the phone with Home Depot... they delivered a door for the Bong Shed™ in March, and when we went to install it a couple weeks ago we found it was warped and the trim around the windows in the door was buggered up. They have a 90 day return policy, but I think they're gonna put this one through anyways because it's essentially defective and unusable. On hold now. Fuggers.