Quantcast

░▒▓ MAXIMUM FRIDERP ▓▒░

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

I had some pumpkin duck curry for lunch today. It was quite satisfactory.

Tomorrow will be day 7/7 in a row of working.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
@Pesqueeb - good on you man. i would have helped all i could as well. but on the other hand. seriously? play stupid games win stupid prizes.

shit, i ride fast through nasty backcountry terrain by myself all the time. something fucks up, either i fix it and crawl out for help or i don't. i'm cool either way. i've improvised enough help for myself and others with ripped shirts, sticks, zip ties, and anything else available over the years to be fine with this. some people are just dumbasses and deserve what they get. #endassholerant

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
On part of my ride today there is a stretch of greenway near popular tourist destination Garden of the Gods that passes under the road of the same name that is constructed of one of those corrugated steal tubes. One enters this tunnel from the east end only after making a pretty hard left and the bottom of a pretty aggressive descent. As I approached this section I noticed a group of clearly tourists on a guided mountain bike ride mulling around, and some guy laying in said tunnel along with an electric scooter, bleeding somewhat alarmingly profusely from his hands and knees and forehead. No helmet to be found. Not Monty Python Black Knight profusely, but enough so that one could discern his pulse from the giant hole in his left hand. They had no idea how long he'd been there. I asked who had called 911 and got nothing but blank stares. "Jesus Christ, really?" I point at tour group leader and ask how has she NOT called 911? She whips out her phone and finally does. Dude is awake, but it's lights on, no one home kind of awake. Ask name, birthday, does he know where he is, all that shit. I either get no answer or something I just don't understand. I pulled out my first aid kit and tried to at least plug the hole in his hand and just keep talking to him. I ran out of gauze pretty quick and I ask your leader if she has one and she says "no". I lost my fucking mind. "Oh my God. You lead flatlander fucking tourists all over this fucking park and you don't carry even a basic first aid kit? What the fuck?". Lots of stammers and blank looks from the tour group. Guy keeps trying to get up, I keep telling him to sit down. Medics finally showed up after what I guess was 5-10 minutes, which seemed quick, so maybe someone in the group actually called 911. I dunno where the nearest ambulance station might be. Told the EMT, what I knew and what I'd done. He tossed me a roll of gauze and some 4inch bandages for my kit and said thanks. I took off after that, no reason to stick around and my blood was still absolutely boiling.

Bystander effect is a hell of a drug apparently. Wear your helmet for fuck sakes. :mad:

Edit: it's also a good idea to carry some non latex gloves in your bike first aid kit. Hadn't actually occurred to me until today that I might have to use it on a complete stranger and I'm glad I had them.
Just one?
should have just cut the jersey off the closest bitch titted male in the pack standing around finger banging their asshole instead of helping...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
as I am wont to say: "People don't usually call 911 because they did something intelligent"
usually have the camera on filming people beating the shit out of each other instead of doing anything useful...