Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I agree, just do the damn thing.
I thought I made it clear you were NOT to tell me how to live my life... :mad:

going with the wagon angle....

View attachment 180111
It's even called "Stoney Gulch"! FTMFW

You could just end it with,

"I hope everyone was picking up what i was putting down with that analogy, because I kind of feel like I lost the point along the way. Blame it on all those times I hit my head while downhill mountain biking. Speaking of which, who's this guy to my right and why am I here?"
This is the winner. You have to add this, @stoney. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Sheriff had a little to say, I might vote for him, Betsy was useless but I see why she has a lot of support out here. I will rejoin the VFW, I was a member when I was still active duty in San Diego, but haven't been since. I was invited to the American Legion so I will check that out, too.

<edit> the American Legion made a point to tell me the dues are $45 a year. :rofl:

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
16 road miles. opted for the "hilly" ride with a whopping 850 feet lol. might get up early and put in a 40 miler.

have acquired ribs to sous vide this weekend.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Application in for a HELOC... and they tell me there is a lien being reported by U.S. Bank, who hasn't had our mortgage since 2010.

This should be a shitshow of wasted time on my part, if I'm not wrong... :mad:
That is a hyooge bummer.... Hopefully it gets sorted out quickly and easily.

You know, so you can buy a fridge with an ice maker...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
got in 22 miles on my lunch ride. Found a new little time trially segment that's predominantly downhill and I love it. Sure beats work. Now it's raining, so I'm glad I got out earlier.

my work finally released a press release on the program I am working on, so I can talk about it with other nerds. That's pretty cool

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Buy a house they said, if only there was some kind of insurance -- for lack of a better word, let's call it TiTLe InSUraNCe -- that would protect the buyer of such a property.

And let's make sure you pay for that insurance every time you have to do anything "financial" with your house, basically to reinsure that the previous title insurance didn't just take your money and fuck shit up...

But alas...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Application in for a HELOC... and they tell me there is a lien being reported by U.S. Bank, who hasn't had our mortgage since 2010.

This should be a shitshow of wasted time on my part, if I'm not wrong... :mad:
admiralakbar.jpg

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
<snip>
You know, so you can buy a fridge with an ice maker...
FTS. :D

Buy a house they said, if only there was some kind of insurance -- for lack of a better word, let's call it TiTLe InSUraNCe -- that would protect the buyer of such a property.

And let's make sure you pay for that insurance every time you have to do anything "financial" with your house, basically to reinsure that the previous title insurance didn't just take your money and fuck shit up...

But alas...
Srsly. I mean - I don't know how the mortgage machine works internally, nor do I fuckin' want to. It's irritating because I envision having to ask people shit when I have no idea how any of this shit is *supposed* to work.

You're lucky they haven't repossessed, yet. :D
You're not wrong. I figure it must just be some oversight, perhaps at the County Clerk? Fuck if I know, though... :rant:

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
On part of my ride today there is a stretch of greenway near popular tourist destination Garden of the Gods that passes under the road of the same name that is constructed of one of those corrugated steal tubes. One enters this tunnel from the east end only after making a pretty hard left and the bottom of a pretty aggressive descent. As I approached this section I noticed a group of clearly tourists on a guided mountain bike ride mulling around, and some guy laying in said tunnel along with an electric scooter, bleeding somewhat alarmingly profusely from his hands and knees and forehead. No helmet to be found. Not Monty Python Black Knight profusely, but enough so that one could discern his pulse from the giant hole in his left hand. They had no idea how long he'd been there. I asked who had called 911 and got nothing but blank stares. "Jesus Christ, really?" I point at tour group leader and ask how has she NOT called 911? She whips out her phone and finally does. Dude is awake, but it's lights on, no one home kind of awake. Ask name, birthday, does he know where he is, all that shit. I either get no answer or something I just don't understand. I pulled out my first aid kit and tried to at least plug the hole in his hand and just keep talking to him. I ran out of gauze pretty quick and I ask your leader if she has one and she says "no". I lost my fucking mind. "Oh my God. You lead flatlander fucking tourists all over this fucking park and you don't carry even a basic first aid kit? What the fuck?". Lots of stammers and blank looks from the tour group. Guy keeps trying to get up, I keep telling him to sit down. Medics finally showed up after what I guess was 5-10 minutes, which seemed quick, so maybe someone in the group actually called 911. I dunno where the nearest ambulance station might be. Told the EMT, what I knew and what I'd done. He tossed me a roll of gauze and some 4inch bandages for my kit and said thanks. I took off after that, no reason to stick around and my blood was still absolutely boiling.

Bystander effect is a hell of a drug apparently. Wear your helmet for fuck sakes. :mad:

Edit: it's also a good idea to carry some non latex gloves in your bike first aid kit. Hadn't actually occurred to me until today that I might have to use it on a complete stranger and I'm glad I had them.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
<snip>
Where your helmet for fuck sakes. :mad:
Mine's in the garage. Why the fuck you wanna know??

Edit: it's also a good idea to carry some non latex gloves in your bike first aid kit. Hadn't actually occurred to me until today that I might have to use it on a complete stranger and I'm glad I had them.
I've got a couple maxi-pads cut in half in my bike bag. Works quite a bit better than gauze, IME. That and a bit of Gorilla tape and you can plug nearly anything. :homer:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
On part of my ride today there is a stretch of greenway near popular tourist destination Garden of the Gods that passes under the road of the same name that is constructed of one of those corrugated steal tubes. One enters this tunnel from the east end only after making a pretty hard left and the bottom of a pretty aggressive descent. As I approached this section I noticed a group of clearly tourists on a guided mountain bike ride mulling around, and some guy laying in said tunnel along with an electric scooter, bleeding somewhat alarmingly profusely from his hands and knees and forehead. No helmet to be found. Not Monty Python Black Knight profusely, but enough so that one could discern his pulse from the giant hole in his left hand. They had no idea how long he'd been there. I asked who had called 911 and got nothing but blank stares. "Jesus Christ, really?" I point at tour group leader and ask how has she NOT called 911? She whips out her phone and finally does. Dude is awake, but it's lights on, no one home kind of awake. Ask name, birthday, does he know where he is, all that shit. I either get no answer or something I just don't understand. I pulled out my first aid kit and tried to at least plug the hole in his hand and just keep talking to him. I ran out of gauze pretty quick and I ask your leader if she has one and she says "no". I lost my fucking mind. "Oh my God. You lead flatlander fucking tourists all over this fucking park and you don't carry even a basic first aid kit? What the fuck?". Lots of stammers and blank looks from the tour group. Guy keeps trying to get up, I keep telling him to sit down. Medics finally showed up after what I guess was 5-10 minutes, which seemed quick, so maybe someone in the group actually called 911. I dunno where the nearest ambulance station might be. Told the EMT, what I knew and what I'd done. He tossed me a roll of gauze and some 4inch bandages for my kit and said thanks. I took off after that, no reason to stick around and my blood was still absolutely boiling.

Bystander effect is a hell of a drug apparently. Where your helmet for fuck sakes. :mad:

Thank you for your service.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Bystander effect is a hell of a drug apparently. Where your helmet for fuck sakes. :mad:

not today Darwin

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

guys: carry this in your pack along with gloves,
20220805_172028~2.jpg
it weighs less than 2 oz

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
WTF is wrong with people?

I will say... this is one "nice" thing about Frontier - they charge more for a carry-on than for a checked bag, so there is generally LOADS over overhead bin space available. And they treat a small day pack as a personal item, so we just pack what we need in our day packs.

Gamin' the system, we are.
90 percent of people who fly when it comes to instructions on overhead storage....this comes to mind

Screenshot_20220805-205144_Chrome.jpg