Quantcast

(▓ \̅_̅/̷̚ʾ️ ️ Gas Sucks - Ride a Bike - GMT ️ ️️️(▓ \̅_̅/̷̚ʾ

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Stood in a line that wrapped around DMV for 40 min before they opened, Got #27 when inside, stood at the desk while the person behind the counter fumbled my info for 3 hours. By the time I left they were serving #189

Got the major items accomplished but will go to a rural DMV for the rest of the minor details.

Is it too early to start drinking?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Guardianship hearing concluded, judge pondering whether it should be voluntary or involuntary. The court's sending someone to interview/diagnose Hilarie, net effect is a delay of at least six weeks.
What does this mean for you? I don't know the difference between a voluntary and involuntary guardianship and what it means for your situation.

What does this mean for you? I don't know the difference between a voluntary and involuntary guardianship and what it means for your situation.
Voluntary guardianship is you or me saying "I want Fred to be my guardian because, while I'm sound of mind, I can't manage x, y, and z".

Involuntary guardianship is Fred saying "JBP's fucked up, can't manage his own affairs, I need to responsibly save him from himself."

It's pretty evident to anybody at this time that Hilarie is confused and forgetful. Pretty much every time the Judge asked her for a response, she turned to me to ask me to answer.

In an involuntary guardianship, Hilarie will have her own lawyer whose responsibility is to make sure that I'm not working her over.

Edit:

Most of what it means is another two months of delay.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Voluntary guardianship is you or me saying "I want Fred to be my guardian because, while I'm sound of mind, I can't manage x, y, and z".

Involuntary guardianship is Fred saying "JBP's fucked up, can't manage his own affairs, I need to responsively save him from himself."

It's pretty evident to anybody at this time that Hilarie is confused and forgetful. Pretty much every time the Judge asked her for a response, she turned to me to ask me to answer.

In an involuntary guardianship, Hilarie will have her own lawyer whose responsibility is to make sure that I'm not working her over.

Edit:

Most of what it means is another two months of delay.
Would you be my conservator as well since I dont think I am of sound mind and probably wouldnt pass that test as well.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Played through the first 6 Menu Books in Gran Turismo 7. No wheel/pedal setup for now and might not get one as controller seems to work well enough for this purpose.

I like it. :)

now to work a bit

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
In Moab BRB.

@Nick if you'd skied LL this morning, your first run would have probably ended in Kansas proper.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Played through the first 6 Menu Books in Gran Turismo 7. No wheel/pedal setup for now and might not get one as controller seems to work well enough for this purpose.

I like it. :)

now to work a bit
PXL_20220324_205924912.jpg

I got a T300 base, Alcantera wheel, and Thrustmaster load cell pedal set. It was about $200 less than the Fanatec DD Pro that lasted 4 days and took 2 weeks to finally get an RMA.

Last edited:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
View attachment 173969
I got a T300 base, Alcantera wheel, and Thrustmaster load cell pedal set. It was about $200 less than the Fanatec DD Pro that lasted 4 days and took 2 weeks to finally get an RMA.
IMG_4473.jpg

Gotta go for triples. The first time I spun with this setup I actually got nauseous. Been lucky with my Fanatec stuff (knocks wood) and no issues, but I've read some stories...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
View attachment 173970

Gotta go for triples. The first time I spun with this setup I actually got nauseous. Been lucky with my Fanatec stuff (knocks wood) and no issues, but I've read some stories...
Can't get them on the phone, can't get them on chat, 3+ days to return email. Mine was awesome for 4 days. Then half way through a race "The controller has been disconnected" and I hit the wall. It powered on, but no LED's or lights and no buttons. If I could maybe get support I might have kept it. But 2 week return and it took that long to get the RMA.

The T300 isn't as bad as the T248 and with the wheel and LC, it feels like a pretty good setup.

My rack was $100 and I got the seat as a pair for $200 off Facebook. Made the other one into my office chair. It's ghetto, but it works. I'm only using my PS4, so the one screen seems to do it. I never played GT Sport because I never bought a wheel until last month.

Haven't decided if I will spring for the shifter or keep my cup holder. :rofl:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
View attachment 173970

I like my 80" 4K TV, although with proper viewing distance I can see how that setup would be good. Not sure what the off the side view gives other than ambience.

If I do a real rig I want motion, want to feel the Gs. Maybe someday.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I like my 80" 4K TV, although with proper viewing distance I can see how that setup would be good. Not sure what the off the side view gives other than ambience.

If I do a real rig I want motion, want to feel the Gs. Maybe someday.
Believe it or not, it does a lot more than you’d think. It helps when you are in traffic and to see where people are at. Plus it’s fun to be honest, as it feels more “real”. I had a big TV mounted up there for quite a while and it was a ton of fun but I wanted to try this and I really enjoy it.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Can't get them on the phone, can't get them on chat, 3+ days to return email. Mine was awesome for 4 days. Then half way through a race "The controller has been disconnected" and I hit the wall. It powered on, but no LED's or lights and no buttons. If I could maybe get support I might have kept it. But 2 week return and it took that long to get the RMA.

The T300 isn't as bad as the T248 and with the wheel and LC, it feels like a pretty good setup.

My rack was $100 and I got the seat as a pair for $200 off Facebook. Made the other one into my office chair. It's ghetto, but it works. I'm only using my PS4, so the one screen seems to do it. I never played GT Sport because I never bought a wheel until last month.

Haven't decided if I will spring for the shifter or keep my cup holder. :rofl:
Cupholder is essential. There is no substitute. However, once you have that you’ll want the shifter so buy both. I had a sequential Huesinkveld (sp) but sold it I need to buy a regular H pattern so I can practice for track days in my real car. Still need to do that…

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Cupholder is essential. There is no substitute. However, once you have that you’ll want the shifter so buy both. I had a sequential Huesinkveld (sp) but sold it I need to buy a regular H pattern so I can practice for track days in my real car. Still need to do that…
The Thrustmaster 6 speed can convert to sequential and it's all metal, it's pretty nice. I still have yet to track my real car and it's ok. That hobby is above my comfort level. I do love my 6 speed, though.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
The Thrustmaster 6 speed can convert to sequential and it's all metal, it's pretty nice. I still have yet to track my real car and it's ok. That hobby is above my comfort level. I do love my 6 speed, though.
I should (and likely will) look at the Thrustmaster. Wasn’t aware that it could do both but that may be a game changer. Read that people have had problems with “the other brand” and I don’t want to spend much more on the simulator to get anything high end. New Stilo helmet arrived Monday and need to do some liquidation…anyone need some guitar pedals and a nice board/case? Lol

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Based on his dietary intake, I'd wager the Mrs has been fogged enough that a mere smoke bomb will be ineffective. He'll need to do a full Criss Angel disappearing act.
Hey now, I haven’t had lentils in at least 3 days.
The “problem” is she is also a rider and if I pull the trigger on a bike it’s usually 2x.

Last edited:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Is that the avalanche path visible across the way when climbing Berthoud?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So I got the formal offer from REI. I’m probably doing it, but I’m not ecstatic, as there will be a much greater loss of freedom to do things on the fly (which I love), but really great health care, and decent-ish pay for what it is and my experience level.
I think also I am just pissy and exhausted from only sleeping two hours since yesterday at 6:30 AM, so not the time to make rash decisions.
They certainly make a strong case for product discounts, but honestly, we don’t need a goddamn thing, and I get my bikes elsewhere.
Much to ponder.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So I got the formal offer from REI. I’m probably doing it, but I’m not ecstatic, as there will be a much greater loss of freedom to do things on the fly (which I love), but really great health care, and decent-ish pay for what it is and my experience level.
I think also I am just pissy and exhausted from only sleeping two hours since yesterday at 6:30 AM, so not the time to make rash decisions.
They certainly make a strong case for product discounts, but honestly, we don’t need a goddamn thing, and I get my bikes elsewhere.
Much to ponder.
I'll ask permission on this first: want me to tell you about REI and who they fund who fucks up bike access? Or their recent attempts to crush unions?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The point from where I believe SS took his photo, on Aspen mtn, has better skiing anyway and has plenty of bad judgement whiplash opportunities.

[newspaper cat] I should move to Aspen
[/ newspaper cat]

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Found more shady shit from prior owner of the house. Our new sink just showed up and it's way smaller than the existing. Couldn't figure it out. dug deeper into the cabinet and walla! The fucking basin is for the next size up cabinet. Not sure if he trimmed the cabinet or not, but it's mounted such that I can't see the edge of the bowl from the underside...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Found more shady shit from prior owner of the house. Our new sink just showed up and it's way smaller than the existing. Couldn't figure it out. dug deeper into the cabinet and walla! The fucking basin is for the next size up cabinet. Not sure if he trimmed the cabinet or not, but it's mounted such that I can't see the edge of the bowl from the underside...
that's not shady shit, that's artisanship