Quantcast

▪︎¤《sunday gfmt》¤▪︎the gambler is dead...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Scored a Blue Atlas Cedar second hand. Been on the look out for one for a while but people had been asking way too much money.

træ.jpeg

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Still sick but already a lot feel better. It's like all of my sick hit yesterday at full force and has tapered off pretty quick already.

Going to do some work and then chores around the house that have just been on the list for a while.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Honestly had no idea you could buy secondhand trees.

What are the chances of survival after transplant?
Well the root system was not super big so we shall see if it will make it. I also cut some of the top to minimize the water demand on the root system and can cut more off it has a hard time. It's not different than moving stuff in your garden. My big take away besides cutting down some of the plant is to water it all the season. With conifers you can also hose over the entire plant to help it stay cool and hydrated.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
self quarantine musings:

Men : cool I can just chill out and relax

Women: Ooh what projects around the house can we ( ie Him) think up and get done (nag him to death)
My wife has re-arranged the living room, office and entire basement.
My 17yo has provided most of the labor and when he complains I simply reply: Welcome to the last 30 years of my life.
House looks great though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My wife has re-arranged the living room, office and entire basement.
My 17yo has provided most of the labor and when he complains I simply reply: Welcome to the last 30 years of my life.
House looks great though.
I'm cleaning my basement (again). Building a temporary desk and getting my bouldering wall reconfigured to set routes for my kids.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode early with my next door pal and his friend. It was a chill ride, 29F when we started. The zombie hordes started showing up a little later today, I am guessing it was too nippy. Now gotta pick up a cat food order in the store and see if I can find alternatives for food they are already out of. Later lunch - fresh cod is on the menu.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
3rd cup of coffee completed. I think I have enough motivation now to go into the cold garage and workout. If the morning is still clear as its supposed to rain, I'll grab a bucket of softballs and my tee and head to the park for another hitting session since softball season in on Covid-19 hold. Did 4 rounds of 30 balls yesterday, try and do the same again today.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What it do, yo!! Fucking hell!! (in a good way)

I got 10.5 hours of sleep last night, then hit the high school track for 14 miles (7:02 avg pace). I'll probably take the tri bike out again this afternoon once it warms up a little, because 25 degrees can fuck off. Or I may just sit on my ass.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
self quarantine musings:

Men : cool I can just chill out and relax

Women: Ooh what projects around the house can we ( ie Him) think up and get done (nag him to death)
Despite wanting to die yesterday, I managed to turn the basement entertainment system and couches 90*, remounting the TV and stereo system. We have some hightop chairs with the pad coming off the frame, so I get to cut some wood and remount them today. I've been told that I will be re-painting the basement, an office, and at least one bathroom (possibly two) over the next few weekends. Wifey will be making a one-off trip to Home Depot before we get locked down to get what she* needs and colors chosen after I do my inventory of painting supplies.

As you are aware though, that inventory search has had some upside though! I'm keeping about 10, but 20 should go out to you. I'm assuming my p100 respirator should last me for a while, but Wifey and MIL (mostly) will need to have some too.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Would love to go hiking or riding today but I fear there will be way too many mouth breathers out there that won’t give you at least six goddamn feet.

I think it’s supposed to rain tomorrow. I have awesome rain gear and am not scared of shitty weather. Especially if I can get some solitude.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just found a copy of the original Grand Theft Auto for PC from 2002 among my ancient files, seems to work with some graphical glitches, so I shall amuse myself with that today.

Next up I know I've got original Command and Conquer Red Alert somewhere...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There was a lot of angst, anger and panic on the local MTB group site. Trails are packed, mostly with knuckle dragging hikers and riders, people think that the outdoors is going to end us all.

I avoided the crowds by riding late in the day, challenging daylight, was mostly empty.

When I went to Utah I changed out my heavy slow rolling tires to some Bontrager XR4s, worked great in the desert, almost killed me on Friday. Put my heavy Assegai/DHR combo back on the bike. MaxxGrip makes my heart skip a beat, those things can let you do some dumb dumb shit in the wet.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
There was a lot of angst, anger and panic on the local MTB group site. Trails are packed, mostly with knuckle dragging riders, people think that the outdoors is going to end us all.

I avoided the crowds by riding late in the day, challenging daylight, was mostly empty.

When I went to Utah I changed out my heavy slow rolling tires to some Bontrager XR4s, worked great in the desert, almost killed me on Friday. Put my heavy Assegai/DHR combo back on the bike. MaxxGrip makes my heart skip a beat, those things can let you do some dumb dumb shit in the wet.
yep. Hard to decide to tone it down when the grip is so good.

I’m definitely taking it down a notch these days. Keep my incompetent ass out of the ER...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
yep. Hard to decide to tone it down when the grip is so good.

I’m definitely taking it down a notch these days. Keep my incompetent ass out of the ER...
I kind of toned it down. But this is the first time I have ridden here in reasonable conditions since I got the new bike setup properly.

so
fucking
good