Quantcast

◇ Wednesday GMT ◇

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Good morning, my lil chestnuts! This will be a short work day, then I am on vacation for a week. Got a marathon to run in Florida Sunday morning and the forecast says 46 degrees at the start, and I am still trying to figure out how the hell I am getting so lucky. I was expecting 25-30 degrees warmer, but I ain't complaining! (fyi 46 degrees is just about perfect for running). I am well trained, it's going to be great weather, and it's a flat course. I've got no excuses!

Also, I hit 4,000 bike miles/trainer distance units for the year yesterday. Go team.
Here in CO, it is common for such gnarly early morning start temps. So for this, I'm talking specifically for running:

What the participants do is buy sweatshirts, pants, etc. from the thrift store and wear them in the morning until they warm up. Which can be in the middle of said run/race. Then they ditch them on the side of the road/trail. Then at the end, the race sweepers pick them up and re-donate them to the thrift store. I didn't know it was a thing, Kinda cool!

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
First ride of the season at the Lumberyard (indoor jumps and stuff) yesterday. Muscle memory is pretty incredible stuff… I honestly don’t progress much anymore, but 15 minutes on the bike after letting it collect dust for most of the summer and I was feeling, if not looking, pretty dialed.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No you done needs be educate on how to talk with thems there people that ain’t got not time fur that fancy schoolin theys ain’t herd bout no dang punkachun or nothin or spillin

(I really do have a customer that sends me emails that are one sentence. It’s utterly amazing).
The best are the emails that are all one sentence, in the God damn subject line.

:disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Still coughing up a lung, wife says all parents of toddlers are sick all the time, but she is not sick all the time.

Missed my annual review at work yesterday, got a call from the boss man, told me to keep doing what I’ve been doing and gave me a 10% raise. So I guess I’ve achieved just the correct level of fuckery at work?

try the norcal where it seems like the mountains are about 15 minutes from the beach....

made me a believer...
I literally ride over the mountain directly out my front door and end up on the beach, a beach with better snorkeling/spear fishing than anywhere in Hawaii, so many fish they get in your way while looking at other fish. West Coast is the best coast, East Coast can keep their boardwalks and mini golf, that shit ain’t the beach.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
did some laptop work this morning to earn some of that money. Now getting dressed up to spend the day up in a frozen ladder. A couple more days and work on the outside of the house will be done for now. First significant snow coming in Friday.
speaking of having to work to make a living... how'd the election go?

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
"When Mexico Colorado sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Good guys (without guns) were somehow able to stop a good bad guy with a gun...

A Drug Enforcement Administration agent from Colorado is accused of pulling his government-issued firearm on a person at a Bozeman bar while intoxicated.

According to court documents, Donahue had met a group of people at the Squire House in downtown Bozeman on Sunday night. While at the Squire House, Donahue introduced himself as a DEA agent to the man whom he is accused of pulling a gun on.

The group then decided to go to the Haufbrau, where they stayed until the bar began to close at about 2 a.m. The victim and the group of people he was with began to leave the bar. The group was in the small, poster-covered breezeway of the Haufbrau when Donahue allegedly pulled his government-issued Glock 17 handgun out of the concealed carry holster and put it on or near the man’s neck.

Documents say bystanders then wrestled the gun away from Donahue.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
"When Mexico Colorado sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Good guys (without guns) were somehow able to stop a good bad guy with a gun...

A Drug Enforcement Administration agent from Colorado is accused of pulling his government-issued firearm on a person at a Bozeman bar while intoxicated.

According to court documents, Donahue had met a group of people at the Squire House in downtown Bozeman on Sunday night. While at the Squire House, Donahue introduced himself as a DEA agent to the man whom he is accused of pulling a gun on.

The group then decided to go to the Haufbrau, where they stayed until the bar began to close at about 2 a.m. The victim and the group of people he was with began to leave the bar. The group was in the small, poster-covered breezeway of the Haufbrau when Donahue allegedly pulled his government-issued Glock 17 handgun out of the concealed carry holster and put it on or near the man’s neck.

Documents say bystanders then wrestled the gun away from Donahue.
[Looks around for NRA]*crickets*

Parker. Not surprised.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Fun ride, the flurries chased me down the hill. Now it's kinda really snowing in town, that's novel. Dinner with some friends in a bit here. I think I'm doing pretty well from my 5G Booster this morning, but I am feeling a bit beat down from the obnoxious climb up a shitty dirt road I just did.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Last week out of the blue I got contacted a corporate recruiter who encouraged me to apply for a few jobs at his company. He evaded my answers but asked me for my resume. Got a call back for an interview literally hours after I sent it to him. Now I noticed that a dude I used to work with checked out my LinkedIn profile and is now with this company and is very likely the hiring manager.

Not sure if it is really something I want to do but figure talking to them cannot hurt.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Last week out of the blue I got contacted a corporate recruiter who encouraged me to apply for a few jobs at his company. He evaded my answers but asked me for my resume. Got a call back for an interview literally hours after I sent it to him. Now I noticed that a dude I used to work with checked out my LinkedIn profile and is now with this company and is very likely the hiring manager.

Not sure if it is really something I want to do but figure talking to them cannot hurt.
Did he evade your questions too? :D

Nice to be wanted though eh? Do they know of your skinsuit proclivity?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

If/when they extend an offer, counter with something preposterous to see how serious they are.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Be careful. These situations often result in unexpected, irresistible offer letters.
Yeah. That is kind of how I ended up out here in the first place. Difference being at my last job I was pretty much at my breaking point from stress and anger when the offer showed up. I am just bored and annoyed these days. Successfully rebuffed a similar situation a few months ago.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Excellent political drama today in NZ. Many a lol was lol’d. The trumpy leader of our right wing opposition party absolutely owned herself in spectacular style and was out by lunchtime. You love to see it. :rofl: