Quantcast

○●°•Thursday gmt□■€£$

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Herro!

Engaging with weirdos on facebook debating cycling-on-road laws is always a good idea, right? Just because laws exist doesn’t mean THEY have to follow them, right? Damn cyclists running stops signs totally harshes my gnurr!

Anyways, feeling mediocre this morning, so back to work. Hopefully an active day of doin’ stuff and not just sitting around. Still waiting on an offer from the new co, looks like none of us have offers yet so that’s not an encouraging sign. Oh well.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Hopefully my last Thursday at my current job, fuck yeah!
What will my next job be? No idea, hahaha!

Just ordered a Jagwire Elite bleed kit, I've never really bled brakes properly, will be interesting to see if it makes any difference.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
:wave:
chores, errands, running the 14yo around to various things, tying up loose ends at work, going to an opening for work tonight, packing to leave to head north tomorrow. that is all. have a good one!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Went to bed too late, feeling it now. But hey, at least got a good sleep, for those short hours.

I haven't taken any sleep aid meds for over a week, mostly out of laziness, as I haven't gone to the drug store. But maybe things are looking up?

Need to get through this work shit today.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It's just a deflection tactic for shitty drivers. "Please be patient on the road when passing cyclists." "WULL cyclists need to not run stop signs and shoot cats and one time I saw a cyclist in neon yellow shorts". One guy was complaining about cyclists riding two abreast in a dangerous area, and when I mentioned that A) that's legal and B) they may be controlling the lane to prevent a dangerous pass in the area that is dangerous, the response was "THUN maybe they shouldn't ride on that road". WTF

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
BIRD WAR update 32:
I now have shiny reflective strips, shiny mobiles, an ultrasonic bird yeller-atter, and concentrated methyl anthranylate. The birds have destroyed them all. Unfortunately this means escalation of some sort

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's just a deflection tactic for shitty drivers. "Please be patient on the road when passing cyclists." "WULL cyclists need to not run stop signs and shoot cats and one time I saw a cyclist in neon yellow shorts". One guy was complaining about cyclists riding two abreast in a dangerous area, and when I mentioned that A) that's legal and B) they may be controlling the lane to prevent a dangerous pass in the area that is dangerous, the response was "THUN maybe they shouldn't ride on that road". WTF
ask them if they know how many cyclists have concealed carry nowadays

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Oh... you're engaging *those* morans? You shouldn't do that. :homer:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
setting up the garage as a fab shop today, need to make lots of metal things :rockout:

Also had a realization that all the music genres I listen to and grew up on are now considered classics, oldies, and "dad rock".

In other news,

Ordered the solar well pump, solar controller, and 12 panels for the well. Still no equipment available to rent since UTV takeover has everything out on the sand. Guess it gives me time to get my turds in a bundle.

oh and my neighbor is a nickelback/brittany singer in the shower

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Had the wife's company picnic at Oaks Park yesterday, so that was nice. There was no line for the ride that got stuck last week, oddly enough. Lil Man said I couldn't pay him enough to ride it now. :rofl:

No idea what today holds, maybe a cool package will show up today.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Also had a realization that all the music genres I listen to and grew up on are now considered classics, oldies, and "dad rock".
And has been for at least a decade, you old codger. :p

have you tried unplugging and plugging back in? or maybe some ctrl+alt+delete???
hold down power and volume at the same time for at least 5 seconds
Reminds me - the new laptop work issued to me completely went dark on me last week. I tried all the usual "reset" shenanigans and nothing worked. Took it into the IT guy and he showed me a tiny hole on the bottom of the laptop that had to be engaged with a straightened paper clip, while simultaneously holding the power button down for 10 seconds.

:confused:

It worked, though - so I got that going for me...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Storms last night knocked out our power, cable, and internet, and my house is already in a 5G black hole. So, I'm kind of dead in the water here. It is a small miracle that RM is even loading on my phone. I could go in the office, or I could just sit home with the dogs. I choose the dogs. Got three of them in the house right now.