Quantcast

|[●▪▪●]| Mix tape Monday, GMT |[●▪▪●]|

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Sore as hell after skiing for the first time in a year yesterday, New kit worked out good, super windy and icy, had to stay in the trees.

99% positive a dude died yesterday due to the ice on the mountain.

Demo'd the Atomic redsters

Still no taste or smell, listening what spotify has picked out for me new this week while shopping for wireless bluetooth pucks/chips for my ski helmet

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
anybody have a VR headset? There is a local one heavily discounted (Samsung HMD) that is pretty nice. I don't really know if I need one, but it would be pretty neat. My gaming time is extremely limited these days....

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
A sprint to the finish in the basement this week before they leave for a weeks vacation. I am doing the best I can to be quality controller and project manager.

I am starting to face the facts it will be awhile before I can ride the mountain bike off road so no way around I need to dust off the road bike and find the spring and winter gear. At least for now it will be gym only as the weather is too crappy for me to enjoy riding outside on the road.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Have had a dry cough thing going since the ride yesterday, it'd be great if it could go away right about now. Hopefully no one here in the office thinks that I have teh cooties.

Didn't get to sleep until 3am last night. Today should be full of fun and joy ( :twitch: ).

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Motorcycle fork upgrades complete and test-ridden as of yesterday. Way more composed on the road, along with a little dirt.

Still need to put a shim between header and mid-pipe.

Carport no longer looking so Sanford and Son. It's still a mess of bikes and motor vehicles, but it's not awash in tools, parts, and half-completed crap.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Ariens may be the king of snow, but it isn't the king of asphalt. Broke a shear pin and rendered the machine inoperable, luckily it came when I went over to try and help the neighbors.

Well isn't this a level of badassery seldom demonstrated:

I have been banned by both coworkers and family, from lentils, for exactly this reason.
They aren't the boss of you. Eat the forbidden fruits and bless them with the forbidden toots.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Always a good idea to have shear pins on hand, which reminds me that I have none. We're supposed to get whomped with snow Thursday and Friday.
My Ariens came with 4 shear pins attached to the snow blower. Of course said pins did not include the nuts...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I ordered spare shear pins for ours and Amazon sent me a 2" diameter washer.

I think that may have been the last time I ordered from them, 3ish years ago.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Today I do not work, but instead drop off kid 3 at preschool and take a trumpet in to get serviced. And maybe take a nap and play some PlayStation.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
So on my trip down to Socal and back the CHP cut me a break. Probably helped That I have my FireFighter decal on the truck. I was coming down a grade (I think on the 215) and I was in the slow lane but the towing speed limit was 55 and I was doing just under 70 with the horse trailer. I hear on a PA "slow down, towing speed limit is 55" I glance left and see an all white SUV with a CHP logo, so I waved and hit the brakes. Then he just shot by me and took the next exit. YAY

I am somewhat wiped out today at work after driving over 1000 miles in the last two days,

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So on my trip down to Socal and back the CHP cut me a break. Probably helped That I have my FireFighter decal on the truck. I was coming down a grade (I think on the 215) and I was in the slow lane but the towing speed limit was 55 and I was doing just under 70 with the horse trailer. I hear on a PA "slow down, towing speed limit is 55" I glance left and see an all white SUV with a CHP logo, so I waved and hit the brakes. Then he just shot by me and took the next exit. YAY

I am somewhat wiped out today at work after driving over 1000 miles in the last two days,
"Buy a horse," they said...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not looking forward to today; been stressing about it all weekend. One of my coworkers is being taken off a major plan at request of the plan itself and I'm being put on it instead. It's very well know within our department that I'm sent in to existing plans to fix relationships, so it's quite clear what's going on here. She and I have been friends for 10 years and I know she is going to be very incensed about it. Our manager and I have both been working on coaching with her, trying to curtail the issues that caused this, but to no avail. Gonna be fucking great.

Otherwise, parents just left and I'm fucking exhausted from an activity packed weekend.