Quantcast

●●turdsday gfmt●●

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Hannah decided to have a nightmare last night, so I'm tired today. Bolt goes away this am.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Oi!

I too am still processing the shock of the past few days. Damn.

Doggo is doing better today now that she's on antibiotics. So that's reason to be happy.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bolt was no good?

I'm still in shock from yesterday's madness in DC.
I got it because I was driving a ton for work and they company was paying me $.59/mile to do such. It cost me $.02/mile to drive it. I was using that spread to pay for it (ie company paying) and it would have been paid for in 2.5yrs. I'm no longer driving and the company has made it clear that they do not intend to keep that model in place once we can travel again. The running costs are greater than the savings over driving my Subaru and I can't even use it for driving to the mtns because of range and FWD, so I have to keep the Subaru anyways.

No point keeping a car that was purchased as a business tool when the business model has changed.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Here.

My disdain for Facebook grows.

Doing a little maintenance, a little welding, a little fabricating... probably be a not-too-bad day.
A) Facebook is the worst
B) Can't wait to have my MIG up and running again. Think it's time to step up from running flux core to gas.
C) Making anything good?

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
My disdain for Facebook grows.
Agreed. I'm finding more and more that people I once considered rational are actually the furthest thing from rational. 'bout time to nuke the account. The only reason I've kept it this long is for the marketplace and a couple of the groups.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Agreed. I'm finding more and more that people I once considered rational are actually the furthest thing from rational. 'bout time to nuke the account. The only reason I've kept it this long is for the marketplace and a couple of the groups.
i think i'm gonna be doing some pruning of people who had shit takes on yesterdays events, and even some that are engaging in debate with those who had shit takes.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode this morning on crunchy mud. Wasn't too bad but breeze made my hands freeze. Can't wait for the lakes to freeze in the next few days.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
January 6th a day that will live in infamy. I need to control my violent tendencies. I was in the market yesterday looking for someone in a MAGA hat to beat the shit out of. Here is to hoping that in 14 days or less Trump is under arrest.

Espresso eats then off to the wonderful world of Dialysis transports in a Covid epidemic. One more day until I get my second and final Pfizer Covid vaccination shot.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
i think i'm gonna be doing some pruning of people who had shit takes on yesterdays events, and even some that are engaging in debate with those who had shit takes.
Yep. Couldn't have said it better. Regardless of what your political beliefs are, what happened was unacceptable and embarrassing to America. There should be nothing to debate.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yep. Couldn't have said it better. Regardless of what your political beliefs are, what happened was unacceptable and embarrassing to America. There should be nothing to debate.
the worst is the fucking clowns saying "bad people on both sides" or trying to say it was antifa. no, no it wasn't.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
the worst is the fucking clowns saying "bad people on both sides" or trying to say it was antifa. no, no it wasn't.
Ah yes, I made a trip over to Fox News to see how flaccid their position against this was, and did not leave disappointed. Lots of whataboutism, and one woman even had the nerve to claim the BLM protestors were "handled with kid gloves" while police yesterday were harsh to the insurrectionists.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ah yes, I made a trip over to Fox News to see how flaccid their position against this was, and did not leave disappointed. Lots of whataboutism, and one woman even had the nerve to claim the BLM protestors were "handled with kid gloves" while police yesterday were harsh to the insurrectionists.
if it were BLM/antifa/etc trying to storm the capitol, there would have been no arrests. every single one of them would have been shot and killed before they reached the top of the steps.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Those are bad. No doubt about it. However, the worst for me are those that say "People are fed up and this is what happens" or "There's going to be a revolution!". Really? STFU.

OK, I'm done. I'll take it to PAWN. :)

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
many of us are surprised he wasn't there.
OK, I guess I won't go to PAWN.

I don't get that level of extremism. Wrong is wrong and it doesn't matter what your political association is. You should be able to think for yourself and not just blindly follow whatever made-up reality someone puts on Twitter. I'm hardly a political scholar but looking through history, those scenarios typically don't end well.

This may not go over well but here we go. I'm a registered Republican (likely soon to become an independent after watching what has happened over the last few years, just haven't done it yet). I'm primarily a conservative (it would probably be more accurate to say a conservative leaning moderate as I would be considered a liberal on several issues). I believe that while there are different ideologies and different ways of looking at things, you discuss (or debate) them. You don't incite violence. You don't incite riots. You sure as hell don't storm a building and make a mockery of the American election system because you didn't get your way.

When I watch this person say and do the things he does, it's embarrassing. It's angering. Yesterday it was enraging. I can't believe that people blindly follow him and don't have the ability to critically think for themselves. If this is what being a Republican has escalated to, I want no part of it.

OK, now I think I'm done :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Day 4 of teaching with 2 learning in the house again. I am going to go to school tomorrow to do some work...guessing I will get a lot done since no one is in the building but admin. We watched a little of the chaos yesterday and my 8 year old asked if we could watch something else so we did. It's embarassing for our nation and infuriating. I too silenced some "friends" on the book of face yesterday. I can not keep seeing their blind trumpeting & rationalizations for the current state of affairs.

In other news, I get vaccinated Monday. I have been eligible since the week of Christmas but held off so that someone who truly needs it on a daily basis (think first responders, Dr., etc.) could take mine, but I am getting more and more nervous about our community and my exposure could really hurt my family so I am getting it!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've been around here for a long time and have seen his posts over the years but not much in the way of his political beliefs other than I believe he's a Trumpie. Correct?

He doesn't have political beliefs per se. He talks about "what people are saying" and when something indefensible happens blames it on 'both sides' or asks 'what about?' a completely different scenario.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I got into it a couple times with my BIL and I swore to my wife I wouldn't comment on my sister's shit. But to deny that yesterday was anything but MAGA chaos is baffling. To say it was antifa posing as MAGA because MAGA wouldn't do that is just insane.

There are a few "friends" from high school that was funny at first, but now it's just sad.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
OK, I guess I won't go to PAWN.

I don't get that level of extremism. Wrong is wrong and it doesn't matter what your political association is. You should be able to think for yourself and not just blindly follow whatever made-up reality someone puts on Twitter. I'm hardly a political scholar but looking through history, those scenarios typically don't end well.

This may not go over well but here we go. I'm a registered Republican (likely soon to become an independent after watching what has happened over the last few years, just haven't done it yet). I'm primarily a conservative (it would probably be more accurate to say a conservative leaning moderate as I would be considered a liberal on several issues). I believe that while there are different ideologies and different ways of looking at things, you discuss (or debate) them. You don't incite violence. You don't incite riots. You sure as hell don't storm a building and make a mockery of the American election system because you didn't get your way.

When I watch this person say and do the things he does, it's embarrassing. It's angering. Yesterday it was enraging. I can't believe that people blindly follow him and don't have the ability to critically think for themselves. If this is what being a Republican has escalated to, I want no part of it.

OK, now I think I'm done :)
So just to make sure, I just took the Pew Political Typology Quiz and as expected, I'm a "solid liberal" based on that. My sense is the majority of this forum ranges anywhere from "pretty darned left-leaned" all the way to "kill all the white people" on the typology spectrum. There are times that (and this might also be an unpopular opinion here) that RM is too much of an echo chamber. The only forum member I know of that self-identifies as a conservative and will cop to it is Brian, but mostly he's just a self-serving asshole (not really a conservative in my opinion) near as I can tell. I personally applaud you for this post, and I do firmly believe that most folks here, regardless of how far left they think, would and can engage in civil discourse with someone who has more conservative values and beliefs, and probably even welcome it.

So just to make sure, I just took the Pew Political Typology Quiz and as expected, I'm a "solid liberal" based on that. My sense is the majority of this forum ranges anywhere from "pretty darned left-leaned" all the way to "kill all the white people" on the typology spectrum. There are times that (and this might also be an unpopular opinion here) that RM is too much of an echo chamber. The only forum member I know of that self-identifies as a conservative and will cop to it is Brian, but mostly he's just a self-serving asshole (not really a conservative in my opinion) near as I can tell. I personally applaud you for this post, and I do firmly believe that most folks here, regardless of how far left they think, would and can engage in civil discourse with someone who has more conservative values and beliefs, and probably even welcome it.
1610037803727.png