Quantcast

(◕(‘人‘) ◕) Freedumb Hump Day (◕(‘人‘) ◕)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We get "recognition points" that have cash value. Our teammates will give each other kudos, boss will boost for cash multiplier, then VP will boost again. It's an under the table monthly bonus of ~$100-150. Not a ton, but nice little kick.
Clearly ours aren't as lucrative compared to yours, I have $30 worth of points to give away each month in $5 chunks per "recognition" I give.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I get a free insulated mug or fleece jacket each year

and money. they give me that, too, occasionally unexpectedly, usually for expected services.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had an old boss that lamented that he couldn't get folks to take a team-lead position... I had to point out that not paying someone more for a "promotion" was bullshit. :disgust:
People eat that shit up around here and management hands such title around like participation trophies. It got so bad that on one team everyone was some kind of lead, everyone constantly argued and used their "lead" titles as some kind of fake trump card. The manager had to give someone the Sr. Lead title to amend the situation.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
we're an ESOP, so we get stock each year, and based on performance / metrics we're up about 350% since I started. AND! I'm fully vested in a few months. [obligatory monocle]

when I had direct reports I had a fund of a few hundo per month to distribute for jobs well done.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
1.5 metric hours on the phone with SAS to find out the box can fly. Super cool setup to fly with them. Instead of a checked bag theres an option for bike. No bike fee. I worried because it looks like a substitute which would mean the bike box is over the united inches of a checked bag (hammer in the oversize fees). SAS doesn't treat it that way, my box is equivalent to an evoc bag size. So the bike flys free as my ticket included one check, one carry, one personal. I paid nearly $300 once to fly a bike to Miami.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I had an old boss that lamented that he couldn't get folks to take a team-lead position... I had to point out that not paying someone more for a "promotion" was bullshit. :disgust:
It always astounds me how this is *shocking* to them. AND if they find someone to take the gig, they leave for a better paying job after that new title has appropriately built up the résumé.

I tell ya, none of it makes sense.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
People eat that shit up around here and management hands such title around like participation trophies. It got so bad that on one team everyone was some kind of lead, everyone constantly argued and used their "lead" titles as some kind of fake trump card. The manager had to give someone the Sr. Lead title to amend the situation.
We have a team lead. He has to do sale coaching to Jr reps. He got a $2k/yr promotion for it. Everything lead-level still gets deferred to me, including handling manager level issues when he's out. I still get paid more despite him having the better title and now his CFP as well. Gotta get paid for your actions, not your titles.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We have a team lead. He has to do sale coaching to Jr reps. He got a $2k/yr promotion for it. Everything lead-level still gets deferred to me, including handling manager level issues when he's out. I still get paid more despite him having the better title and now his CFP as well. Gotta get paid for your actions, not your titles.
We also have casual overtime so if being a lead requires more work, you get paid for the extra work. I could easily give myself a small raise by working a few more hours a week but I'd rather get paid less to work fewer hours.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Maguras are fucking great IMO. I love mine, and have loved them in the past.
Yeah I have had MT5s for a few years and have bled them once, they still seem fine.
It took some convincing for me to try them as the three sets of Maguras before them were all shite.