Quantcast

~☆~Labour Day GMT~☆~

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
need to gouge my eyes out. MIL left the bathroom door ajar and I just walked in to her sitting on the can....
Point to MIL.

I am off to the Apple Store later this morning to pick up my wife's new laptop. I steered her to the new-fangled 2.0 lb MacBook, what with its single USB-C port.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Today feels a lot like my unemployment days, just a bit moar quiet. There is a chance of a Fort Rock ride in the afternoon.

Note to myself - dishing a wheel after a few G&Ts is not always the best investment of time. :doh:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
need to gouge my eyes out. MIL left the bathroom door ajar and I just walked in to her sitting on the can....
jesus wins!

the next time you choke the chicken...that will be the random image that will come to mind and ruin the moment...

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Had taken Friday off and with today being a holiday... four day weekends kick ass! They should totally be a regular thing.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Holy balls. Look at the arc of the bike!
That'd be due to force imparted by the rider's upswinging legs via the clipless pedals prior to ejection. I'll let Westy diagram that one out. :D

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Every year I get invited to this big Labor Day Shindig for local 118. Hundreds of people and politicians, their kids, grandma... I tell you Teamsters know how to party. So much food so many clams....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tried some new trails today and they kind of sucked. Perhaps, it was just how hot it was. This place has a lot of open grassy area and more "open" forest, so the heat this afternoon was pretty intense in the forest. The trails themselves were fairly flowy, but with no real challenges (other than the hills). They'll be perfect for night riding though.

Oh well, still a good ride.

Just to just do absolutely nothing for the rest of the night.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Went for a ride this morning. It was stupid hot and humid. My Jersey was completely drenched, all the way to the sleeves, and my sweat stain on my shorts spread from my crotch (well, my belly really) to my knees. It was pretty gross. The rest of my day was useless.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My end of summer celebration: late from bed -> ran a few errands to make wife happy -> Fort Rock! Super hot ride, ran out of water 1hr before finish -> Long Hammer IPA -> 2lbs of meat on grill + some corn -> a delicious G&T awaits me in near future.

I wish I could repeat tomorrow. :think:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I sold stuff at a local auto swap today with the girlfriend and kid. Didn't sell enough to even pay for the spot. But me and my buddy made pancakes. The toddler had a blast and I bought her a bunch of party snaps and sparklers. She's in heaven. Now it's steak time.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Tried some new trails today and they kind of sucked. Perhaps, it was just how hot it was. This place has a lot of open grassy area and more "open" forest, so the heat this afternoon was pretty intense in the forest. The trails themselves were fairly flowy, but with no real challenges (other than the hills). They'll be perfect for night riding though.

Oh well, still a good ride.

Just to just do absolutely nothing for the rest of the night.
I ride with my brother infrequently. We always ride the same trail because it is close and he can ride to it from his house and me from mine. We used to be able to burn it up at 3:00. Today we did it in 2:20. I love riding with my Brother. He is a very skilled rider and he waits for me. It was hot today 91 and humid as fuck....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hopefully you had either a salted salad or killer thai after your nap.

drove home from family reunion. worked on getting 2nd coat of paint on the house. drank a beer or three and got ready for the week.

read a condition report for a painting we're thinking of bidding on at auction.

le tired -> le bed

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
hopefully you had either a salted salad or killer thai after your nap.

drove home from family reunion. worked on getting 2nd coat of paint on the house. drank a beer or three and got ready for the week.

read a condition report for a painting we're thinking of bidding on at auction.

le tired -> le bed
Leftover Kitakata and Korean fried Eggplant. Oh my...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I want to checkout Collingwood first. Have you been there?
Oh yeah. Collingwood is the "go to" place around here for biking. Blue Mountain, which is about 5 minutes outside of Collingwood has the """"best"""" lift served DH trails near Toronto*. There is also a good beach.

Besides DH, there is a place called 3 Stage, which apparently has some amazing trails (I think this is on the backside of Blue Mountain). But, I can't offer any more info on that as whenever I go up there, I'm heading to the lifts. This place is on the to-do list though.

Food wise in Collingwood, I don't know. I'm sure there are a few good small places. But when I get food up there its usually after a day of riding when I'm absolutely bagged tired so a pita or something usually hits the spot.

Oh, and Collingwood/Blue Mountain/Wasaga Beach is a magnet for girls, if that's your thing.

*Bromont is close too, YMMV.