Quantcast

☕☕☕2sday GMT☕☕☕

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Last year was my first year. 5 off road sprints, 1 sprint, and 1 Olympic. They all went the same, pretty much: Back of the pack on the swim, middle of the pack on the bike, front of the pack on the run. I was top 25% in those races overall, thanks to relying heavily on the run. I've improved in all three over the fall and winter.

Oh, I've also done a bunch of duathlons, so I wasn't totally new to multisport racing.
Go half. You will hate life shortly there after.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I bet I can knock off three 14er's this summer.
When my brother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer he climbed all CO 14ers in a ridiculously short time span.

I should get you in touch with him, he needs to get back at it. He and his family occupy a small ranch 1hr east of denver.

Funny guy, 6'8 so your pace would match, MBA/medical industry consultant etc. Spend some time with him and life falls into perspective right quick.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I do not recommend hucking a shitty Chinese electric scooter 3 feet to flat.

You know, in case anyone was wondering.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
When my brother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer he climbed all CO 14ers in a ridiculously short time span.

I should get you in touch with him, he needs to get back at it. He and his family occupy a small ranch 1hr east of denver.

Funny guy, 6'8 so your pace would match, MBA/medical industry consultant etc. Spend some time with him and life falls into perspective right quick.
Cool. Shoot me his email. I'll add him to the front range monkey trekking email.

Levered and winched a big-assed limestone boulder up a hill. Did some housework. Hauled some scrap metal. Set a small fire in a brush patch, then hauled out various trash revealed by the fire (ancient streamside dump). Rode with @Bunnista and Ruby. Some doubletrack, some singletrack, stream crossings on thin ice, bumbling around on a few miles of wooded sidehill with no trail at all and a bunch of blowdown. Downhill on ice, jumping water bars. Drinking heady.