Quantcast

☕️Thirsty Thursday GMT

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Just received a stop work order on one of my projects. This was a packing facility for a local farmer, and they could not get the packing equipment they needed in time to be operational. This is a "get paid for all work to date" kind of thing, so we get paid, and now I can focus other things. Win/win, which is practically non-existent in this industry right now.

:happydance:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Just received a stop work order on one of my projects. This was a packing facility for a local farmer, and they could not get the packing equipment they needed in time to be operational. This is a "get paid for all work to date" kind of thing, so we get paid, and now I can focus other things. Win/win, which is practically non-existent in this industry right now.

:happydance:
Whatre they packing? What equipment was not available?

I cant help but be curious. I was in a fruit packing warehouse earlier today.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've mentioned before that I like my boss. I had a bunch of aura's a few weeks back and told him it's stress from my load that causes it. Turns out, and this might have had an impact regarding the comments earlier this week, he told his boss that I was having them. That the extra load was beyond my medical capacity. Sent him a nice email documenting as much too.

Good managers look out for their employees, no matter what management wants.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Sounds like your radiologists need some more pay (as to attract more of them and reduce turnaround). Weekdays we read outpatients before 24h here, often 4-6 hours if done during the day when we are caught up from the prior day.

/me is likely getting a RadWagon 4 today. Better for multi kid carrying, via the Denver e-bike rebate in part (with a paltry $50 extra off as I’m nominally an educator)
The real issue is different. Private hospitals here do this shity thing where they want to push you to pay out of pocket. So they put waaaaaaaaaaaay too few slots for people on company subscription plans but the same radiologists will have free, unused slots if you go out of pocket. Probably some other dumb issues but I have used the same hospital not so long ago when I didn't have subscription and I talked to a few doctors and it's literally that. The corporate overlords being dicks.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Whatre they packing? What equipment was not available?

I cant help but be curious. I was in a fruit packing warehouse earlier today.
I don't know. We were working for the contractor on this one, so I never dealt directly with the owner. They pack for multiple growers, so it could have been any number of things. Given the timing of construction, I would assume some type of stone fruit.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Father died last night. Kind of a relief at this point as he was suffering terribly.
So absolutely sorry to hear this Westy. I understand that it may be a bit of a ‘relief’ (I get that) but please don’t forget to talk to people about it when needed. I went through a similar situation recently and it helps.

Hang in there…

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I don't know. We were working for the contractor on this one, so I never dealt directly with the owner. They pack for multiple growers, so it could have been any number of things. Given the timing of construction, I would assume some type of stone fruit.
If it was apples it would make sense - its one of the shortest apple crops Ive seen in my lifetime. Maybe they are blaming it in equipment but its really the market that is hurting. The northern hemisphere stone fruit harvest is already over for the season.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
If it was apples it would make sense - its one of the shortest apple crops Ive seen in my lifetime. Maybe they are blaming it in equipment but its really the market that is hurting. The northern hemisphere stone fruit harvest is already over for the season.
Construction for the building would be starting next month or so, so I'm thinking next years' stone fruit harvest. Pure speculation on my part, though.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Construction for the building would be starting next month or so, so I'm thinking next years' stone fruit harvest. Pure speculation on my part, though.
Well then - theyve got plenty of time to sort it out.

I'm on site at a cherry packing plant / apple storage facility right now. Good times.