Quantcast

☕️Thirsty Thursday GMT

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Father died last night. Kind of a relief at this point as he was suffering terribly.
So sorry to hear! :(
I know how you feel, deeply sad but also reliefed at the same time. Went through the same with my dad.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Well then - theyve got plenty of time to sort it out.

I'm on site at a cherry packing plant / apple storage facility right now. Good times.
Maybe a better guess: They were pushing to pack citrus this winter. That would make more sense, but damn, that's a tight schedule, and I have a hard time believing the builder could get steel on the site that quickly. I could just call the contractor and ask, but I'm having a good time with the wild speculation.

Good times indeed. We do a lot of work for/with growers and packers, so I've worked on my fair share of processing and storage facilities.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Maybe a better guess: They were pushing to pack citrus this winter. That would make more sense, but damn, that's a tight schedule, and I have a hard time believing the builder could get steel on the site that quickly. I could just call the contractor and ask, but I'm having a good time with the wild speculation.

Good times indeed. We do a lot of work for/with growers and packers, so I've worked on my fair share of processing and storage facilities.
Well one thing we know for sure, whatever they wanted to do isn't happening now. Haha. Its a challenging time to make big moves.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
That dual compound won't grip ANYTHING. The DC HR-2's that came stock on my bike tried to kill me multiple times.
Grips just fine when they are new in my experience. However if you just happen to start hiking moar than riding then yeah the rubber gets hard and not very grippy on hard pack. So much tread left on my Minions but they definitely feel less tacky. Gah, hiking sucks…

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I had someone coming in for an in person interview yesterday, from the phone interview they were basically going to get the job and the in person was to check they weren't a complete freak.

They no showed...
I'll see your interview woes and raise you an espionage. I heard about this just the other day.

So we hired a foreign contractor. No big deal, as an international company, we do that all the time. I personally have a dev team off shore in India. This was not my team, but anyways this dude was not really coming up to speed. So the manager wanted to talk to him on cam. Dude hemmed/hawed, finally they meet. Guess what? This was not the same guy the manager interviewed!

Long story short, the dude had a guy interview for him and faked everything else. Like who does that?!?!? And then when he couldn't actually do the job, he was called out. As a developer he had the ability to access a ton of data. We do obfuscate sensitive data in the test/dev environments, but still, we can only assume he was there to do one job and that wasn't to develop software.

Ballsy. Crazy. Be on the watch.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Father died last night. Kind of a relief at this point as he was suffering terribly.
My condolences, señor. Hope you and yours are doing alright.

I dunno - @Full Trucker likes/liked the HR2 as a rear tire, IIRC - but I'm almost *certain* it wasn't the DC version that he liked.

It was one of the few tires I've ever abandoned before it was worn out. FTS.
Used to run HR2s front and rear about three or four bikes ago. Have been either Minuon DHF or Assegai up front with an Aggressor out back for years now. Usually Assegai. And whatever compound / sidewall that is heavy AF.

Have you tried Minions ? They are noticeably better than High Rollers.
Have you tried the Assegai?

(too much pie)
Don’t you blaspheme in here!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I’m all about the Assguy in the front, but I’m quite Aggressor curious for the rear. DHR2 since forages, it does have a fair bit of drag though. My dalliances with Paces have reminded me what a huge difference there is with lower drag.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I mean the Assegai is the clear best front tyre still. I’m Kryptotal curious there though, but it’s been out for a while now and still the Assegai is the most popular.