Quantcast

☘☘☘Frigg's Day GMT☘☘☘

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning Monkey's. Brain was not happy sleeping this morning. Brain not happy being awake. Will consume coffee and see where the day takes me.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Work... :dead:
But, the snow is now gone and the Sun is out, and I hope riding will be pretty good soon again. Also, new shiny pedals in da house. Still no word from RF about the dropper.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Had a good albeit short run last night . About a third of the way through I loosened up and my breathing got rythmic and I started striding instead of plodding. Calfs are slightly stiff this morning.

Coffee then short bus. Weekend plan is to hit the archery shop for a new string then go ride dirt for two days

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
lights out by 9:30, but woke up with a coughing fit at midnight. woke up my wife who got pissed and went to sleep with the little one. which woke him up, and he was pissed too. I rummaged through the medicine cabinet and found some prescription cough medicine from last year. I figured after waking up coughing three nights in a row, self-medicating wasn't such a bad idea. took it and slept the rest of the night. thank the FSM. (or big Pharma... better living through pharmaceuticals ftw!)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

I wish I was departing for a Fruita/Moab weekend. I still haven't ridden Fruita yet. Gonna have to fix that sometime soon here.

I shall console myself with a weekend ride. Gotta do a little bit of wrenching first.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I believe it's morning....therefore I should have had a shower, hot coffee and some news before heading out to school. Unfortunately, we have no power so no shower, no hot coffee and no news. Big wind & rain storm took down lots of trees near us so we haven't had power since 4pm yesterday. Not a huge deal since I didn't get home until after 9:20pm (my 20 minute commute was 40 because of down trees & limbs). My darling daughters were cranky (aka Dad let them stay up late and play games because there wasn't any power and they should have been sleeping) and didn't want to get up either and I think I am getting a cold.

To top that off, found out my Aunt (my father's last close living relative) was taken to the hospital and isn't expected to make it more than 24-48 hours (massive organ failures at this point). Something we knew was coming (she's been in a nursing home from a couple of strokes for several years and has Alzheimer's), but awful none-the-less. I doubt that I will go to the hospital to see her. I went to see her in the home last fall and she had no idea who I was and was getting angry/violent and I have no desire to remember her in that way.

Generally this week has sucked but I am hoping that the pot of coffee I just brewed takes me to the end of the day so I can' be done with this week!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I believe it's morning....therefore I should have had a shower, hot coffee and some news before heading out to school. Unfortunately, we have no power so no shower, no hot coffee
this is why i maintain a manual coffee grinder and a camp stove. no power is no excuse for no coffee.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
WOOOO FRIDAY!!!!!

Another day not in my office. I wonder if my building thinks I'm dead yet? About to go spend a few hours in the factory at this particular building to do a wireless survey. This shit is so sketch, this building has tons of fork lifts, which have the right of way for some reason at the intersections. I'm doing a little prayer that none of them run over my equipment.

Also, its snowed yet again! Seriously. Winter is over. Get out of here and bring some warm sunshine. I reallllllllllllllllllllly want to ride some bikes.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I just coughed myself out of a meeting. I think everyone was relieved to see me go, but I'm the author of the document in question so this is problematic. I just booked an appointment to see my doctor. it's been two weeks I've been sick, and the cough just seems to be getting worse. this stupid spring has sucked hard.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I just coughed myself out of a meeting. I think everyone was relieved to see me go, but I'm the author of the document in question so this is problematic. I just booked an appointment to see my doctor. it's been two weeks I've been sick, and the cough just seems to be getting worse. this stupid spring has sucked hard.
was this an SOP on coughing?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
WOOOO FRIDAY!!!!!

Another day not in my office. I wonder if my building thinks I'm dead yet? About to go spend a few hours in the factory at this particular building to do a wireless survey. This shit is so sketch, this building has tons of fork lifts, which have the right of way for some reason at the intersections. I'm doing a little prayer that none of them run over my equipment.

Also, its snowed yet again! Seriously. Winter is over. Get out of here and bring some warm sunshine. I reallllllllllllllllllllly want to ride some bikes.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Present. Spent a bunch of time learning about Social Security last night with the CFP study material. Brain filled up in about 2 hours. Now work.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
was this an SOP on coughing?
standard operating procedure? well, I couldn't present my document caus' I couldn't talk because everytime I opened my mouth to say something I'd go into a cough fit. I had about 10 people staring at me, half in disgust, half with concern... Like I said, they were happy to see me go.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yesterday I worked from home and got quite a bit of coding, writing, and Fallout playing done in the same day. That's a win in my book.

Today I'm reading CT, MR, and ultrasound. It shall be an ok day, no more, no less. Wife has a concert tonight so I'm putting the kids down... and then playing more Fallout.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

the shitheel director that I (and my whole department) have been having problems with announced that he is moving to another role. in this new role he will have no interaction with our group.

:headbang:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

the shitheel director that I (and my whole department) have been having problems with announced that he is moving to another role. in this new role he will have no interaction with our group.

:headbang:
Congrats. Kick him out of there and make sure he doesn't leave any loose ends hanging around for him to invite himself back in for.

Also this was the perfect opportunity for a Professor Farnsworth meme. I'm disappointed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Congrats. Kick him out of there and make sure he doesn't leave any loose ends hanging around for him to invite himself back in for.

Also this was the perfect opportunity for a Professor Farnsworth meme. I'm disappointed.
he's staying in the company, but moving to a totally different functional unit, so no interaction with our group

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Back from from cardiac rehab, today was my 12th session and I have 24 more togo. Today's workout was the most aggressive yet with 45 minutes of solid cardio at 6.5 to 7.5 mets. My goal of running a 10 minute mile by the end of April without setting their alarms off shouldn't be a problem. My goal for the end of May is to run a 5K in the time it takes IRB to run a 10K.

Also got word this morning that there are no issues with the property I have under contract, the perk came back with field to support a 5 bedroom home, when listed we only promised 3. I'm less than a week away from dentist bike!!!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I am at a coffee shop in Eagle, CO getting some work done, about to go for a quick rip on the Pool & Ice Rink Trail. Not to be missed if you're ever in the area. Then it's on to Aspen after some more work for Highlands closing.

Side note: FVCK! I totally forgot to leave a seat pole on my patio for @stoney to borrow. Sh!t. I'll get that sorted out. My roommate should be able to fetch it from the basement and put it out there before Sunday.

I wish I was departing for a Fruita/Moab weekend. I still haven't ridden Fruita yet. Gonna have to fix that sometime soon here.
I'll be in Fruits 4/15-18 with a group. We have a large house that sleeps many people. If you wanna come out and throw in some duckets for a place to shower and sleep for one, two, or more nights lemme know.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Side note: FVCK! I totally forgot to leave a seat pole on my patio for @stoney to borrow. Sh!t. I'll get that sorted out. My roommate should be able to fetch it from the basement and put it out there before Sunday.
That does make this weekend's ride difficult to do.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Got the oil changed on teh behemoth today... service guy said the inspection showed I need fuel injection and throttle body service. :think:

At 36,000 miles? I'm skeptical.

Auto monkeys - is this just a bunch of modern-vehicle nickle and dime'ing bullshit? I'm very much inclined to call bullshit.

Oh, failed to mention that they were willing to do it while I waited for $410.