Quantcast

☛☛☛☛Friderp☚☚☚☚

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Slept "normally" vs sitting last night and damn do I hurt right now.

Client board meeting today, which should be exciting. Otherwise... Meh.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Guess where I am!

the car dealer! Sunroof repair yippee doo! Let’s see if they charge me. At least now I can trade it in if I find a replacement.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
What a weird week. Thinking I might play hooky for the rest of the day after my morning meeting. Teh Financèe has a Zoom job interview this morning at 9:30am, we’re super hoping she gets an offer.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
It's snowing.

Is today over yet?
We gots the rain here since at least 6:30 when I was rudely awakened by a hungry cat sitting on my chest. About 5 degrees according to the outside thermopoler.

I gots everybody up, fed and on with their day.
My brains aching pretty good now, so Imma thinking nap time. :lazy2:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
DOGGO is at the day care place right now getting checked out/profiled. They want to make sure she is not a psychotic asshole before we're allowed to leave her there.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
DOGGO is at the day care place right now getting checked out/profiled. They want to make sure she is not a psychotic asshole before we're allowed to leave her there.
Our DSO is the opposite, fine with all the other dogs when at daycare. Pain in the ass if she sees anything remotely dog like when at home, on a walk, in the car...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
With restrictions on outdoor recreation having lifted this week I was finally able to get out to the pump track with my boy before school this morning.
1622210872466.png

I haven't lost too much technique over the winter, which was nice to find out, but boy oh boy, am I ever out of shape. Couldn't even do two full laps at full-gas. I even saw stars at one point.

Wife has been having issues with anemia for the past few weeks and last night had a pretty bad episode that caused me to miss a ride. It was a beautiful night out too: cool, crisp and dry. Hopefully I can get out this afternoon...

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
3rd day with the Sube in the shop. I keep hearing "we'll definitely have the part tomorrow." >:(

Looking forward to the long, albeit wet, weekend; probably will log some wet gravel miles around Rothrock

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
With restrictions on outdoor recreation having lifted this week I was finally able to get out to the pump track with my boy before school this morning.
View attachment 160693
I haven't lost too much technique over the winter, which was nice to find out, but boy oh boy, am I ever out of shape. Couldn't even do two full laps at full-gas. I even saw stars at one point.

Wife has been having issues with anemia for the past few weeks and last night had a pretty bad episode that caused me to miss a ride. It was a beautiful night out too: cool, crisp and dry. Hopefully I can get out this afternoon...
Thats a pretty sweet track.

Who maintains it, the city or volunteers? There have been a few small dirt tracks around here, but they all quickly turn to crap because the town(s) do absolutely nothing to help maintain or fix them. There is a nice one at a park near the lake here, but the town has let it go to shit; rollers are covered in ruts from rain, weeds and crap. Of course its fenced in and locked right now, so nothing can be done. Even if you showed up with a shovel, I'm sure you'd get chased off.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Our DSO is the opposite, fine with all the other dogs when at daycare. Pain in the ass if she sees anything remotely dog like when at home, on a walk, in the car...

I think my dog has PTSD from the 3 months he spent in the animal shelter. He is cool with other dogs until a fence or kennel is involved and he completely loses his shit. Not in an aggressive way, but a puppy on crack kind of way, which could be charming for a puppy but not for an 80lb wrecking ball.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Thats a pretty sweet track.

Who maintains it, the city or volunteers? There have been a few small dirt tracks around here, but they all quickly turn to crap because the town(s) do absolutely nothing to help maintain or fix them. There is a nice one at a park near the lake here, but the town has let it go to shit; rollers are covered in ruts from rain, weeds and crap. Of course its fenced in and locked right now, so nothing can be done. Even if you showed up with a shovel, I'm sure you'd get chased off.
Maintained by volunteers, with a bit of seed funding from the city. I think they did a great job setting it up using crushed stone and such, it's not just dirt (I'm also happy it's not asphalt, as it would then be totally overrun by skaters and scooters - there's a few city-run paved parks around the city, and they are all very hostile to bikes. I even had a mid-30s skater yell at my kid for trying to session some coping on his scooter one time. prick).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
What a weird week. Thinking I might play hooky for the rest of the day after my morning meeting. Teh Financèe has a Zoom job interview this morning at 9:30am, we’re super hoping she gets an offer.
On the western slope for the exodus to Galt's Gulch^H^H the mountains?
Wife has been having issues with anemia for the past few weeks and last night had a pretty bad episode that caused me to miss a ride.
How does one have an episode of anemia?

On my docket today:

- CME, done
- returned stuff at UPS store, done
- establish new checking account associated with house 2's mortgage
- get phone back glass repaired
- REI returns of bike-wear my wife did not care for
- Costco run

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Selling stuff on PB doing my nut.

No I won't ship the crankset to address that's not the paypal address you paid from - refunded them, CBA.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I think my dog has PTSD from the 3 months he spent in the animal shelter. He is cool with other dogs until a fence or kennel is involved and he completely loses his shit. Not in an aggressive way, but a puppy on crack kind of way, which could be charming for a puppy but not for an 80lb wrecking ball.
All of ours have PTSD of some sort.

He's gotten better over the years, but Rigby was a dump. He used to jump in every open vehicle and refuse to get out. Now he just wants to ride in our cars every opportunity he gets.

Marley was stabbed in the abdomen as a puppy on a reservation down in NM. She still growls at men (particularly darker skinned men, which is just great), especially those wearing hoodies.

Chewie was abandoned to die in the woods, knows we were her rescuers, and has to be in our presence. She's always in the same room or has an eye on my wife or I at all times. Can't even go to the bathroom without her following.

Dogs don't forget. That stuff stays with them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
All of ours have PTSD of some sort.

He's gotten better over the years, but Rigby was a dump. He used to jump in every open vehicle and refuse to get out. Now he just wants to ride in our cars every opportunity he gets.

Marley was stabbed in the abdomen as a puppy on a reservation down in NM. She still growls at men (particularly darker skinned men, which is just great), especially those wearing hoodies.

Chewie was abandoned to die in the woods, knows we were her rescuers, and has to be in our presence. She's always in the same room or has an eye on my wife or I at all times. Can't even go to the bathroom without her following.

Dogs don't forget. That stuff stays with them.
Cosmo was picked up as a stray, owners actually came to pick him up but surrendered him when they were told they had to get him neutered. He was a complete basket case when I got him, terrified of people when indoors. Pretty sure that someone who smoked abused him as everytime I cough he cowers and tucks his tail. Thankfully nothing else phases him anymore.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
God I hate passive aggressive communication.

A few weeks ago I was in the factory troubleshooting some problems with 2 other engineers. While I was on my phone my two coworkers bickered for 45 minutes over whether or not one of them needed to go up stairs to get our maintenance laptop with the right software to diagnose the problem. One guy was arguing the merits of why the other dude should get it without directly asking, the other guy simply provided counter points. When I got off the phone I just said "Gerold, get the fucking laptop" and he did without complaint.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
2 hour ride in the books. Beer run, came home and swam with a DIPA. Lunch, maybe another swim? Nap. Then wife and I are going out for tapas. First date night / dinner out in a year+

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
ride with kiddo and my buddy calvin in the books. took out two downed trees. so hot and humid. 8 miles felt like 20. kiddo did a nice nose case wreck on a double he thought was a single. walked it off ok.
he likes the booters tho.
1622226266864.jpeg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just finished our board meeting. 1.5 hrs scheduled. Spent 1hr discussing things that should have been discussed at their last internal meeting. It left 30min for over 1.25hr worth of materials that have to be covered (ERISA regulation related). I sat for 1.5hrs to talk for 6min (vs. expected 20min), of which half was correcting people providing inaccurate info to the board.

Taking the girls hiking once they get out of their post-pool showers, ribs be damned.