Quantcast

☞☞☞ TurdsDerp GMT ☜☜☜

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dumping snow, several inches on the ground and still coming down hard.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

My brother and his GF had to put down their 4 year old golden retriever yesterday. Poor little girl got into the compost bin; all of the mold and toxins present in compost are toxic to dogs and it shut down her nervous system. She was such a sweet little dog too. :(

Of course now it's dumping rain and I kinda need it to stop, real estate agency is coming by tomorrow to take pictures of the house and I have stuff to do. Please rain Gods, can you pause around 4 pm today?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Back from 9 days of riding dry trails down in NY, NJ, MD and PA, back home snow almost gone, riding season is upon us!

Need to figure out bad shifting issue, those relentless PA rock fields gave me bike a proper beating.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
weird waking up in a hotel room. Supposed to be in the mid 80s here in Fresno. 7 hours of class today, kill me nao

on edit

they have a Keurig in the room. I just made a cup. fucking swill coffee how do people like this crap?

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yessir! Another day working but not in my cubicle. I like these days! I do feel guilty about abandoning my staff, although I am sure they are loving my not being around.

Bike ride later. Thunderstorms in the forecast. Hopefully they hold off.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Only one day left.... Lets see if we can make it.
Your new Taco avatar is messing with me.

Here. Normal day supposedly. Sprinklers turned on while it was raining, while I was in the shower. Water pressure changed to a 90 y/o man trying to pee. I think I might still put that new, high-tech sprinkler console on that is wifi connected. Using internet access it adjusts the sprinklers around local weather and lawn water need, plus it's connected to my phone so I can delay the start if I'm taking a shower earlier/later than normal and it falls into the watering schedule.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Your new Taco avatar is messing with me.

Here. Normal day supposedly. Sprinklers turned on while it was raining, while I was in the shower. Water pressure changed to a 90 y/o man trying to pee. I think I might still put that new, high-tech sprinkler console on that is wifi connected. Using internet access it adjusts the sprinklers around local weather and lawn water need, plus it's connected to my phone so I can delay the start if I'm taking a shower earlier/later than normal and it falls into the watering schedule.
just set that damn thing to water at night when you are asleep, zero cost solution.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This. Our sprinkler schedule ends well before 6am. Of course... if you get up retahhhhhhhdedly early... might still be an issue?

Hopefully I can hold off turning it on until June. If this shit keeps up... yeah. :mad:
No shade, due south facing backyard with dirt patches (sprinkler replacements in process, because fucknuts again). It's incinerating back there.

just set that damn thing to water at night when you are asleep, zero cost solution.
We're so damn dry here normally that I'll break even on cost within a year or two on the cost of water alone Long game it makes sense in general, short game it's just expensive and time consuming.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Torrential rains this morning, but I managed to make it to work in between showers. stopped for some mist-on-the-water pictures...
upload_2018-5-3_10-45-27.jpeg

upload_2018-5-3_10-46-7.jpeg

Tonight is ride night. I'm glad I got out for a ride on Tuesday though, caus' it's going to be a wash tonight.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Haven't posted on RM too much since moving into the new place back in Feb.

Turned on the central AC for the first time yesterday as it was hovering around 90 all day. Inside the house (2.100 sqft) went from about 73-74deg to 64deg in a matter of 20min I'd say. Hooray for new, well insulated homes!

Got all 12 shrubs planted in the newly-redone landscaping all around the house yesterday after work. Edged, weeded, fabriced and spread 5 yards each of red mulch, brown mulch and crushed granite over the past couple weekends. The next month or so will be tearing down the back deck to the frame for Trex, Azek rails and skirt, as well as a giant patio. Hoping to get it done in time for little man's 1st b-day party the woman has somewhat planned (ballpark of June 14).

Had to add a quart of oil to the Mercedes last night as it was low enough to cause the oil check notification to come on. Less than 18k miles and it appears to have burned at least a quart or so of oil, as there's no sign of leaks anywhere (and shouldn't from a 3yo car). German engineering at it's finest!

On baby duty from now til Saturday morning as woman is traveling for work. First communion for my goddaughter Saturday, followed by what was promised to be a day of excellent beers at my buddies house. Then, hangover notwithstanding, deck/patio project kickoff all day Sunday.

I really should ride my bike sometime. What I lack in riding plans I make up for with TWO golf tournaments over the next month, since I know how much you all love golf. I should probably golf sometime too in that case......

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

No meetings today make me a happy guy. Friday Eve looks ok so far. Debating on a new to me complete or a frame/fork and swap everything. Yes my bike is 17 years old, but my drivetrain is only 3. :rofl:

<edit> also I still don't feel the need for 650b and there are soooo many quality 26's for cheap.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Morning Monkeys.

No meetings today make me a happy guy. Friday Eve looks ok so far. Debating on a new to me complete or a frame/fork and swap everything. Yes my bike is 17 years old, but my drivetrain is only 3. :rofl:

<edit> also I still don't feel the need for 650b and there are soooo many quality 26's for cheap.
rip in ripperoni, the lizurds will be there for you soon

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Morning Monkeys.

i think what you need is my old uzzi :D
31290705_601530323556821_7545791303192150016_o.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
holy smokes, MJ trees would be insane today.

good thing I have these meetings and reports on my schedule! :mad:
6 or 7" at our house so far, but the coverage on the road wasn't good enough for pre-work sledding :(

Might go spend an hour in the plow truck though as it's more fun than work.