Quantcast

☞︎︎︎︎ ✡︎⚐︎︎ FRIDAY GMT ☞︎︎︎︎ ✡︎⚐︎︎

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Guess what? It's a fuck you friday! I said "fuck you" to work and will not answer my emails till tuesday. I'm getting new tires and wheels on the italian time bomb and will talk to a co-worker about transferring into his group today. Maybe paint the bulkhead. Whoopeedoo!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Friday! I mountain biked last night so now you guys can all stop riding my ass about it. Looks like I am doing that tomorrow too. The mountain biking, not the ass riding.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Morning, hot weekend on tap here in NY. Might try to sneak out for an early morning ride tomorrow.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Actual conversation I just had with my three-year-old on the way to dropping him off at school:

Me: are you happy?
Son: yea
Me: how come?
Son: because I'm in the car with you. Are you happy?
Me: of course I am
Son: how come?
Me: because I'm in the car with you and you're my son and I love you
Son: you think I'm your son?

Clearly he thinks I was saying sun (I hope), but goddamn was it funny

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Food Truck Friday! And repeating a FTP test on le Peloton tonight.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Got my office/basement bedroom painted yesterday between meetings. It will get me out of the general basement and give the girls another place to play during the day. Also painted the walls that had the drywall repaired and it looks a lot better. Need to do second coat on a few large spots, but otherwise just have to paint the ceiling patches today. Main floor is almost done (for now).

Need to do baseboards upstairs and paint the bathrooms up- and downstairs over the next week or so. Going to try and get the new ceiling fan in the family room up today.

Wifey is staring to get ideas for what she wants to see from the wine/beverage bar put together. Hard part is that a return is on the wall there, so we need to build airflow into the middle of it.

All this going on today and I have a pretty substantial investment plan that I'm working on right now, so that's going to eat a bunch of my time for the next few days too.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Actual conversation I just had with my three-year-old on the way to dropping him off at school:

Me: are you happy?
Son: yea
Me: how come?
Son: because I'm in the car with you. Are you happy?
Me: of course I am
Son: how come?
Me: because I'm in the car with you and you're my son and I love you
Son: you think I'm your son?

Clearly he thinks I was saying sun (I hope), but goddamn was it funny
maybe he had a secret conversation with mom the day before?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Honestly, get a dropper. It actually makes a huge difference. You'll wonder why you waited so long
@Adventurous (and everyone else) has said the same thing. I'm assuming they've improved vastly over the past 10 or so years to the point where they don't have an annoying amount of play/wiggle at the saddle? That was always what drove me away from that.

That and I'm not a little bitch. ;)

PS - any recommendations? I'm assuming the relatively short and interrupted seat tube will limit my options.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
@Adventurous (and everyone else) has said the same thing. I'm assuming they've improved vastly over the past 10 or so years to the point where they don't have an annoying amount of play/wiggle at the saddle? That was always what drove me away from that.

PS - any recommendations? I'm assuming the relatively short and interrupted seat tube will limit my options.
All of my droppers have had lateral play to some degree, but honestly it's NBD, you won't feel it except wiggling the saddle off the bike.

I have a PNW and its been great. Ran ~$200 with remote.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

one up

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
if the bottom of that seat mast is open and you could run an internal cable, I have two 125mm drop posts for sale.
A OneUp and a KS Lev. $100 each.
It is open, however the bottom gets relatively close to the rebound knob on the shock. Does the cable route perpendicular to the post I'm assuming, if that makes sense? Which model is the One Up?

Edit - looking at the picture, I guess close would be an exaggeration. But you get the point.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It is open, however the bottom gets relatively close to the rebound knob on the shock. Does the cable route perpendicular to the post I'm assuming, if that makes sense? Which model is the One Up?

Edit - looking at the picture, I guess close would be an exaggeration. But you get the point.
pnw_cascade_dropper_post1-1.jpg

You'd be better off with that style. Cable connects near the seatpost collar.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well... Today started off with an "I can't deal with this shit right now". We apparently don't have any ham lunch slices and Haley didn't pull out the frozen chicken three days ago like I told her to, so we don't have much of anything for lunch at camp. So she just had a fucking breakdown because she's not getting what she wants for lunch. A lot of "I hate you" and such. She's now staying at home, paying for the day from her savings (which is a good chunk of it), getting no electronics, lost her weekend with her friends, and my FTS has hit a level that we're going to start putting things on Craigslist or Facebook Word of Mouth to give them away as consequence to behavior. She apparently is having a realization in her room right now that if she's pushed me (vs. Wifey) to this limit, that she's very much fucked up. And all because of a fucking ham sandwich. FTS.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well... Today started off with an "I can't deal with this shit right now". We apparently don't have any ham lunch slices and Haley didn't pull out the frozen chicken three days ago like I told her to, so we don't have much of anything for lunch at camp. So she just had a fucking breakdown because she's not getting what she wants for lunch. A lot of "I hate you" and such. She's now staying at home, paying for the day from her savings (which is a good chunk of it), getting no electronics, lost her weekend with her friends, and my FTS has hit a level that we're going to start putting things on Craigslist or Facebook Word of Mouth to give them away as consequence to behavior. She apparently is having a realization in her room right now that if she's pushed me (vs. Wifey) to this limit, that she's very much fucked up. And all because of a fucking ham sandwich. FTS.
Just make her help you hang drywall and paint

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I got my projects done for the week, sitting on my ass waiting for lunch now. I had been rebuilding some 8k UPS units we use for servers and core switches. It is so, so much cheaper to rebuild them yourself.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Have another kid, they will keep each other entertained.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Honestly, get a dropper. It actually makes a huge difference. You'll wonder why you waited so long
I have been thinking about this a lot. One reason is the seat tube on the RM7 doesn't give you much to work with anyway and I really think a dropper would extend my ridability.

If I keep updating this bike, I might never get a new one.