Quantcast

☠☝✡ --Saturday GMT-- ✡☝☠

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Stressed out over taxes/insurance/house hold bullshit. I'll be starting anew with the sprinklers as the timer did not hold up well to the pulaski. Hardly slept, but since I was up I did have a nice quiet 5k up the greenway. My goal for the day is to make it through 10 hours of work without strangling a bitch. C'mon coffee!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:

Stressed out over taxes/insurance/house hold bullshit. I'll be starting anew with the sprinklers as the timer did not hold up well to the pulaski. Hardly slept, but since I was up I did have a nice quiet 5k up the greenway. My goal for the day is to make it through 10 hours of work without strangling a bitch. C'mon coffee!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It's cloudy here, with a chance of thunderstorms. As much as I want to go ride the DH bike, I'm really hoping it rains all day. The trails need it badly.

Off to get a free oil change at Toyota and then will decide where to ride.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY! lol

25 mile ride on the tri bike followed by a 2 mile brick run completed early this morning. Christ, 9:00 in the morning and it's "you gotta be shitting me" hot out. Wife has informed me that we have dinner and Star Trek movie plans tonight with friends. I'm down.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy. While the usual suspects are up in high country I did a solo ride at White Ranch. Usual Belcher - Maverick - Longhorn - Shorthorn - Longhorn - Belcher deal. The ride was fun, but my stupid carbon bike just won't stop creaking.

I re-tightened the pivots and the right crankarm for the umpteenth time after the ride. Gah. Is this just something unavoidable with carbon frames? @dan-o?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Howdy. While the usual suspects are up in high country I did a solo ride at White Ranch. Usual Belcher - Maverick - Longhorn - Shorthorn - Longhorn - Belcher deal. The ride was fun, but my stupid carbon bike just won't stop creaking.

I re-tightened the pivots and the right crankarm for the umpteenth time after the ride. Gah. Is this just something unavoidable with carbon frames? @dan-o?
My bike is silent generally, but when it does creak I completely remove the pivot axles, grease, and reinstall. That solves the problem 99% of the time and takes 10min. I also remove the shock and clean/grease the interfaces.

Is it the saddle?
BB cups need grease?
If SRAM, my xd driver (on King hub, but I think it was cassette) creaked first few rides under hard effort.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
WOOT! They made it to the semis.
which (non-mmike murdering) event?

removed large tree that had fallen into our property. amazingly, it didn't break any of the fence posts as it fell. fucker was covered in poison ivy vines.i was pretty well covered up, but praying i didn't get any.

the honey-do olympics now continues with grass mowing, plant watering, and screen repairing up next.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

My non-carbon bike creaks as well, but most of the time it's caused by the shitty clamp on my otherwise awesome KS Lev dropper post.

Try riding uphill over roots or rocks seated, then stand up, to differentiate between suspension and seatpost.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

removed large tree that had fallen into our property. amazingly, it didn't break any of the fence posts as it fell. fucker was covered in poison ivy vines.i was pretty well covered up, but praying i didn't get any.

the honey-do olympics now continues with grass mowing, plant watering, and screen repairing up next.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van

Soccer.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Mucho impressed by my foray onto what I had initially thought was semi-mountainous loop of moderate length and limited interest. As is my usual plan I glanced at the topo map and remembered nothing. Instead of taking the 6 mile trail to the 4 mile downhill Briggs trail I effed it up and climbed the Briggs trail instead. I climbed for a little over 90 minutes and have no idea how close to the 4 mile junction I got. I pushed the bike for 10 more minutes but things just got steeper so I turned around and finished in 20 minutes what it took me 90+ minutes to climb.

Once I got back to the camp ground it only took a few minutes to discover my error... the area has a network of trails, one of which is a 7 mile loop which is what I thought I was going to do because that is what was listed on a local Bike Club web site. The area has many options including moto trails.

The next time I hit the area I will take the 6 mile climb to the 4 mile DH section which has roots, not big roots but still roots. Also rocks, not East Coast Rox, more like infant Front Range rocks. They are still rocks though.

I am glad I did not take the hard tail, I took the GT which was turned out fine since it has a triple, the DH section is the only local trail where the SB6 actually makes sense...

This "mountain" is about 30 miles out of town.
View media item 2921View media item 2920

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Epic day was epic. Rode today in between tornado warnings. Apparently there was funnel cloud somewhere here today...

No matter, riding must be done. The normal 45 minute drive to the trailhead took almost 3 hours today because of unreal amounts of rain.

BUT MY GOD, the hero dirt! Holy fuck. My bike sounds like shit now, but I LOVE riding in the rain. Unfortunately when my shoes filled with water, my gloves started spraying brown sludge and my work phone (iphone) got soaked I had to b-line it to the car......a 30 minute pedal where it just rained harder and harder. I "lol'd" the entire time.

It was like riding in a rain forest.

If I had a second pair of dry shoes and socks, I would have gone out for more slideways action. Poo moments everywhere today. :D

Almost forgot, going total bongshed mode here and making mini pizzas on garlic naan bread for dinner. Only thing better would be some Shawarma from Ottawa. Delivery? @slyfink

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Today we took in two new to us cats, one Persian one Himalayan. In time they will be introduced to our current persian (the one who recently lost his brother from another). So far the new guys seem rad.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Today we took in two new to us cats, one Persian one Himalayan. In time they will be introduced to our current persian (the one who recently lost his brother from another). So far the new guys seem rad.
Come on rookie, pics or it didn't happen. :picsstfu::picsstfu: