Quantcast

☢️☣️ Monday GMT ☢️☣️

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Too lazy to reverse order of emoji, which may or may not render on your device of choice, anyway.

I'm up at this hour because of some GI bug. I just puked up a quite amazing to me (even as a doctor) amount of reddish fluid. Extra fun points were had from the forcefulness of said puking resulting in me getting this shit in my nose retrograde.

I have a suspicion I'll be calling in sick instead of working the afternoon as I'm scheduled to.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Got about 8-10" of snow I live on the circle of my road the town snoplow driver magically made my driveway 12' longer just how I want to start my Monday by shoveling the road for the highway Dept

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
another day of bike commuting - the temps were mid 40's so baggy shorts & jersey only, no jacket needed.

Recovering from our weekend in Prague. That city surprised us with how cool it was. Berlin also was very-very cool, but Paris and London.. meh.

not looking forward to going back to the US and trips like this one make it even more difficult

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Storm moving through today and tonight. If it produces I might go ski tomorrow for a little while.

Otherwise up early, coffee, blah blah blah....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Oh, and planning our week long trip to Crete next month with a couple days in Athens - should be an excellent venture.
Visit the south shore, I have some fond memories of Palaiochora and Samaria mountains.

Morning! Winter is apparently here given the white stuff on ground and freezing temperatures overnight. Can't wait for some ole good frozen dirt riding! The week is short indeed, thanks FSM. Gonna go through some more meetings today, then a send off session with our former BU GM tonight, then we're practically in Thanksgiving.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
For the life of me I cannot figure out when TSA will whisk me through as they did this morning with shoes and coat on. I'm sure that they don't want me to figure it out either. Anyway, killing time waiting for the tin can to show up.
I hope you got a hearty portion of kimchi and beans for breakfast before boarding the flying air tank. :D

Visit the south shore, I have some fond memories of Palaiochora and Samaria mountains.

Morning! Winter is apparently here given the white stuff on ground and freezing temperatures overnight. Can't wait for some ole good frozen dirt riding! The week is short indeed, thanks FSM. Gonna go through some more meetings today, then a send off session with our former BU GM tonight, then we're practically in Thanksgiving.
I will wave when flying over you carrying Alchemist goodness...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
not looking forward to going back to the US and trips like this one make it even more difficult
Not super excited about your return either...

Morning other, more interesting Monkies. :D

Today we will be àdopting our 3rd cat from the local Paws See organization. Our 12 or maybe 14 year old female had kidney failure a few weeks ago so now its time for another. We chose a 6 year old male orange tabby with short fur.

Also expecting my new gimbal to be delivered today, it it happens I am going to try and squèeze a short night ride this afternoon since it gets dark at 4:30. :rant:

Last edited:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yay short week as @jonKranked said! Pretty good weekend of riding, drinking, kidz stuff & basically doing nothing yesterday. The latter was a shock to my system but strangely felt OK! Trying to plot out a MTB ride on Long Line Land either with family, old friends or new BMX race pals on Black Friday. Off Wed to ride locally, as rifle season kicked off this weekend.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Caught whatever bug the wife had last week. Now I have a roiling pit in my stomach that feels like I will either rip a fart to end the world or shit my pants. Hoping for neither but the relief would definitely be welcome.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
forcefulness of said puking
i am a forceful puker...so much that my eyes are bloodshot afterwards...busted blood vessels around eyes...and i look like i haven't slept in a week....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Greetings once more from teh NoDak. No bikes this time, only broken airplanes and regret that I didn't stay in college. Williston ND is a town currently on the "bust" part of the the boom/bust oil cycle, and it's downright depressing. Supposedly were flying out on the plane we fixed last night, sometime this afternoon. Waiting for a crew to be wrangled up. I may go run, or I may just stay in bed and hit the buffet later.

For the life of me I cannot figure out when TSA will whisk me through as they did this morning with shoes and coat on.
Your age is showing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work. 60min run Saturday (6 miles, which is good for me), 40 mile roadie yeaterday, 1050yd swim this morning. I think I pulled a nerve in my neck/shoulder because I can barely rotate my neck. It forced my swim to be abruptly stopped.
In-laws came in yesterday and are here all week. Yeah! Otherwise, work.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
FWIW I had my first experience with an "on demand" HWH at a rental condo. Cost aside I'd go that route in a snap.
We have two Navien gas tankless hot water heaters in series. It is quite choice.

/me emailed in sick and is watching the baby at the moment

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Lazy ass weekend, it was nice. Watched loads of crap movies and ate crap food. I did get some housework done, but the weather kept me indoors. I didn't work on the truck or the car, or the garage for that matter. But today is Monday and tomorrow is Friday, so lets just get it over with already.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
We have two Navien gas tankless hot water heaters in series. It is quite choice.

/me emailed in sick and is watching the baby at the moment
I was looking to do something similar if ours ever died out. It sure would clean up that corner of the garage.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hey monkeys! I went exploring yesterday on some new single-track and had a blast. When i started it was sprinkling, at the top it was snowing and then the sun came out and it was nice!

On another note, swimming is making my arms big.
IMG_20161121_074957.jpg