Quantcast

☢️☣️ Monday GMT ☢️☣️

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
the snow that fell yesterday is still on the ground. it was not just a bad dream. more is predicted for today, but it doesn't look like its snowing now, so maybe old man winter is happy leaving it at that. I think it will take over a week for this crap to melt away, as they daily highs are not supposed to get above 34°F. This is the shittiest kind of snow as far as I'm concerned: not enough to ski on, and too much to bike on. Maybe a fat bike would be ok, but it certainly won't be as fun as a normal bike. I guess I'll find out Thursday.

The other reason this sucks is that my commute just went from 25 minutes to 50. Can't bike, so must walk. Busing is not an option given my route, and driving isn't worth it given that it's only 2 miles. oh well, it's my last season doing this as next winter my youngest will be in school. I guess I should embrace this time I have with him...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! While Heidi was building up her arms swimming, I skipped my swim this morning and stayed in bed, because zzzzzz. I'll just do it Wednesday instead. werd

It'd colder than a seal's dick out there today,

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It was sunny and in the 70's the other day. Now it is Snowy and cold as fuck. -10 with 8' of snow.... Fuckity fuck...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Le sigh. Back in Colorado, working from my traveling companion's ski condo in Summit County. Sedona trip is a thing of the distant past, I expect the Fun Hangover™ to set in anytime now. We did get a nice little half-lap on Cap'n Ahab in Moab yesterday before returning to the snowy land of terrible early season skiing...

Don't listen to the cows:

Tony and I, bottom of Ahab;

The road trip partner:

good idea ;)
(however, results are unrideable)

View attachment 123970
UNRIDABRU!

Now it is Snowy and cold as fuck. -10 with 8' of snow.... Fuckity fuck...
Try it now.

:wave:

Greetings once more from teh NoDak. No bikes this time, only broken airplanes and regret that I didn't stay in college. Williston ND is a town currently on the "bust" part of the the boom/bust oil cycle, and it's downright depressing. Supposedly were flying out on the plane we fixed last night, sometime this afternoon. Waiting for a crew to be wrangled up. I may go run, or I may just stay in bed and hit the buffet later.

Your age is showing.
Old white guy syndrome .

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You break the LB rims you had before? I'll probably go that route if my current rims die, though being some Flow EXs I kind of doubt they will be trashed any time soon.
Your Stan's wheels aren't trashed yet? Sounds like you're not riding fast enough. Or hitting enough rocks. Might I suggest following me down MEOWntain Lion a few times? That'll fix that pesky Stan's rim problem you're having...

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Had a decent weekend. The super dry fall that has Western NC burning has kept the trails and jumps running really well. Usually I'm mostly digging and mudbogging on the hardtail by Thanksgiving.

I have no motivation to do anything this week despite having lots to do. Cannot decide whether to work now or just get dick punched when I come back next week. Decisions...

Photo evidence of bikes.
IMG_3849.JPG

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Probably belongs in the Documentary thread, but this movie was recommended last night by one of the locals if we wanted to know more about Williston during the oil boom. Absolutely astonishing movie. Available on netflix instant.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So glad this is a short week. There is a lot to do and I am having a tough time giving two sh!ts about any of it.

On a lighter note, the wife and I drove around aimlessly yesterday in areas of interest should the impending move ever occur. Right now the main issue is the gato. My cat is half wild and likes the outdoors. The idea of trying to convert her to an inside only cat seems out of question. But a house, townhouse, plex-type house situation is still a solid option if there is some greesspace.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hot damn. This weather is freakin' DUMB. What the heck. We were in shorts and tshirt on Friday and today there is more snow and some of the coldest/strongest winds that I've felt since.....last winter. I'm not ready for this garbage. :(

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
He posts that crap all the time. My cat kills stuff all the time, but I don't think its any more than my daughters car did. Mostly mice, but she has gotten a few fat finches, too. I doubt she has wiped out entire species, but I haven't been keeping track. :rofl:
It's called science. Personal anecdotal babble by definition is crap.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
ACK! My admin called out today. I had to do my own job all day, no time even for lunch. Didnt get home until after 5 and now I its time to go adopt a new cat and then get tacos for dinner. Monday sucks. Gimbal arrived but no time to play with it.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
It's called the food chain. Nom nom nom
It's called stupid and irresponsible on all accounts. My uncle was misinformed like most, his free-roaming cat is dead.

http://www.catvets.com/guidelines/position-statements/confinement-indoor-cats

"Veterinarians are encouraged to educate clients and the public concerning the dangers associated with allowing cat's free-roam access to the outdoors.

Free-roaming cats may be exposed to injury, suffering, and death from:

Vehicles
Attacks from other animals
Human cruelty
Poisons
Traps

Additionally, these cats have an increased potential to be exposed to feline-specific and zoonotic diseases.

Lastly, adherence to this policy also reduces predation of native wildlife populations, a goal and policy of the AVMA and the AAFP."

http://www.catvets.com/guidelines/position-statements/free-roaming-abandoned-and-feral-cats

"The AAFP strongly supports reducing
the numbers of unowned, free-roaming,
abandoned and feral cats through humane
capture (with placement in homes where
appropriate) by local health departments,
humane societies and animal control
agencies in accordance with local and
state ordinances.
State and local agencies are
encouraged to promote public policies
that:
-
Require microchip identification of
all owned cats (2008 AAFP Position
Statement on Identification of Cats)
Require keeping owned cats indoors,
in an outdoor enclosure, or on an
attended leash (2007 AAFP Position
Statement on Confinement of Owned
Indoor Cats).
-
Prevent the establishment of managed
cat colonies in areas where cats pose a
threat to protected wildlife."

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It's called stupid and irresponsible on all accounts. My uncle was misinformed like most, his free-roaming cat is dead.
My Pivot bolt.... Is not Pivot Bolting. We can figure this out. Together as a team we can put aside our differences and work together to fix my pivot bolt. Surely that is much more important then whatever you were arguing about. Jeez.....