Quantcast

☣☣☣Wed GMT☣☣☣

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I just had one of the best nights sleep I've had in a few weeks so that will make everyone I run into a little more pleasant... yesterday I did 2 15 minutes sessions on the eliptical trainer, at the lowest resistance, today I'm going to try for a continuous 45 minutes.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
1250yds in the pool this morning. Working on form and trying to start kicking wore me out exceptionally fast this morning.

Work. Training new guy who moves slow as all hell. It's painful.

My CRPC (Chartered Retirement Planning Consultant) books arrived yesterday. It's pretty much CFP lite. Should take me about 2-3 months to get it done. Boss is telling me that I'll most likely get reimbursed ($1200) and should push my base up by another $1k per year. Not much, but a nice kick until I get my CFP done. Hoping to have my CFP by next June.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its a freakin' war zone out there. Listening to the road report on the local radio station, all I'm hearing is that there is a closed road here, flipped cars over there, more accidents in other places etc etc. Then on the off-ramp I use, the guardrail has been flattened and the road is covered in mud. Whoever went off there, went off in a huge way.

And the storm they are calling for hasn't even started yet...

Anyways, happy Wednesday to yall!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
'Morning. Went to bed at 8:30 last night because zzzzzz. Got a half marathon Saturday and the weather says 25 degrees and sunny. I'll take it!
I am genuinely curious as to how you manage to get to bed so early. What time do you get home from work? I am just starting to wind down at 8pm.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
took "my" new fatbike* out last night for a solo adventure. Surprisingly, I had fun. The trails they are piloting as fatbike trails in our park are a lot of fun. Lots of semi-fast, flowy dh runs. it's nice. I tried cornering hard a couple of time and slid out. I don't think there's really such a thing as "cornering" on fatbikes. There's no edge knobs. You have to rely entirely on tire deformation to maintain a contact patch on the snow. It'll be a different way to ride for sure, but a decent way to maintain base fitness, and fun in a different way. I still hope to mix it up with xc skiing on the days when the snow is soft and fluffy. Also, it's amazing how much more fun it is to ride when you're not bleeding out your eyeballs trying to keep up with much fitter people.

It's snowing again here, but supposed to turn to rain later. This winter has been shit and it can go fuck itself.

*It's a rental that I've put a deposit on.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I am genuinely curious as to how you manage to get to bed so early. What time do you get home from work? I am just starting to wind down at 8pm.
I don't know about IAB, but for me it's 2 kids. Once they're asleep (usually 8:45-9), it's straight to bed for me and the wife. we'll watch an episode of something or other, but it's generally lights out by 9:30. It "helps" when your kids get up between 5:30 and 6 too...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
You're broken. Just saying.
What are you talking about, chumley?

Last night was an exception because I was sleepy. Normally I go to bed around 9:15 and am up at 5:15. I leave work at 3:30-4:00, then bike or run, and have dinner around 7:00. Normally I'd have an hour or two to chill at night, but with the wife working tax season hours now, I'm cooking and doing household chores every night right up until bed time (both of us training for an Ironman creates a goddamn mountain of laundry).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Research day. Time to create my presentation, which shall be presented by yours truly in Hawaii in about 3 weeks.

///winning

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Worked on the race car last night, getting prepped for the Mint 400 in two weeks. Tonight going to the Banff Miuntain Film festival up in Boulder. Happy Hump Day, Mother Humpers!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ate about five pounds of St.Louis ribs in St. Louis last night, then woke up to wintry snowy mess this morning. The plan today is to participate in a shitshow, let the games begin!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I usually go to bed at 9:30. I aim for 8 hours of sleepy each night. It's my secret to success. Oh damn, no secret now I guess. BUT, I has no kids and my commute is suuuuuuper short. Last night I saw Straight Outta Compton...I miss gangsta rap.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I usually go to bed at 9:30. I aim for 8 hours of sleepy each night. It's my secret to success. Oh damn, no secret now I guess. BUT, I has no kids and my commute is suuuuuuper short. Last night I saw Straight Outta Compton...I miss gangsta rap.
I wish. I go to bed around 11pm and wake up at 4:45am to workout. I would LOVE to have an 8 hour night. Even w/ the benedryl inspired sleep I still only sleep 6 hours.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Maybe you only need 6?
I've lived that way since I started working, so roughly the last 15 years. I get along, but not really sure how.

That might explain Haley though. She goes down at 8:30pm and is up by 5am. Most kids sleep way more than that, but if she has my sleep patterns, I doubt she'll end up sleeping more. The only times she does is when she spends hours at the park or parties, etc.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Maybe true, I know many people who sleep about 6 hours a night and never complain about their lack of sleep. I have to get 8 hours every night and maybe 10 if I played a bit too hard.
I'm all about the 3 hour cycle. As long as I'm up on 3 hours cycles I'm good. Anything in between and I'm ruined for the day.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wish. I go to bed around 11pm and wake up at 4:45am to workout. I would LOVE to have an 8 hour night. Even w/ the benedryl inspired sleep I still only sleep 6 hours.
Long term Benedryl use has been connected to dementia and brain lesions. So don't do that.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm considering getting Bose noise-cancelling headphones for use in my cube, using credit card reward points. I have 72,000 points. The Bose things are 36,000 pts. They go for $330 on Amazon.ca and Bestbuy. Plus tax. So they are about the same using points as they are paying cash, as I get roughly a point per dollar spent. I'm just not sure that's the best use of my points. I have over-ear headphones now, but they don't do a good job of blocking noise, and I'm someone who is easily distracted. My Director's office is right outside my cube so there's a lot of coming and going and talking outside her office...

For reference, a trip to Europe is worth 50,000 points plus taxes, that are probably in the order of $300 give or take. It looks like a ticket goes for about $700 - $900 right now. I'm planning on going with the family some time this year, to introduce my family here to my extended family there. The problem with using points is you can't really get tickets with seats together, or they cost an order of magnitude more.

what would lounge-monkeys do?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I got the books to start my CRPC accreditation last night. They say that I need a specific financial calculator (HP 10Bii) for it. It's only $30, but I don't really want to spend the money given I have a much nicer HP 12c. Only problem is that all of the walk-through examples are the format of the cheaper one. Really quite frustrating.