♀♂Final Derp♂♀

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
yohohohohohohohoooooooooo
frib0rk
few things this weekend and then a internal work conference in MA next week
Hey hey I have a work conference next week too, but in Niagara Falls.

And the real Thanksgiving is this weekend up here in Canaderp, so we have Monday off.

So pretty much just have to work Friday next week. Woot.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I made the right decision to drive my car another day. Cold as balls still

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Paging Dr Toshi....what's your take on persistant migraines while fasting? I got one last night just before dinner...didn't do any hard physical exercise (hypoglycemia, blood pressure?) , didn't eat a giant sugar bomb for breakfast (reactive hypoglycemia?). I'm struggling here...this is working fantastically as a diet, but I'm getting a migraine like every three weeks and no matter what I control for, I still battle with them...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Paging Dr Toshi....what's your take on persistant migraines while fasting? I got one last night just before dinner...didn't do any hard physical exercise (hypoglycemia, blood pressure?) , didn't eat a giant sugar bomb for breakfast (reactive hypoglycemia?). I'm struggling here...this is working fantastically as a diet, but I'm getting a migraine like every three weeks and no matter what I control for, I still battle with them...
I'm not a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once, drinking enough water to not be getting dehydrated?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Try upping your salt intake: sodium but also potassium and magnesium. Potassium easily supplemented by using Nu-Salt. Magnesium can be taken orally but not great absorption. Taking a soak in an Epsom salt bath can let you absorb some via the skin, plus you get a nice bath out of it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Try upping your salt intake: sodium but also potassium and magnesium. Potassium easily supplemented by using Nu-Salt. Magnesium can be taken orally but not great absorption. Taking a soak in an Epsom salt bath can let you absorb some via the skin, plus you get a nice bath out of it.
Thank you my friend. I don't get much salt on fast days...yesterday I had soup which I thought would be OK, but maybe it wasn't enough or maybe it was strictly sodium which wasn't complete.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Thank you my friend. I don't get much salt on fast days...yesterday I had soup which I thought would be OK, but maybe it wasn't enough or maybe it was strictly sodium which wasn't complete.
You're welcome. If you step into the world of longer fasts then it becomes even more important. I tend to drink a small cup of water + a small bit of apple cider vinegar + Nu-salt + regular salt when I'm shooting for 42 hrs+. The apple cider vinegar is not enough to break a fast and has evidence backing its use (not just an old wives tale!).

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Found out last night that it's a 5 minute walk from my place to the bar down the street, but a 35 minute walk back home. The difference was staggering.
:rimshot:

It's a gorgeous sunny fall day today. So I biked over to my wife's office and had lunch with her. Some sort of Korean rice bowl. I liked it, she didn't. But we spent a pleasant 45 minutes without having to nag the kids. I'll take it!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
20191009_112638.jpg

This fat kid right here....... is tired.

Tired of getting hurt
Tired of the co workers half his age running circles around him on the trails
Tired of being out of shape(I know, round is a shape)

This fat kid has been on a strick 1800 calorie balanced diet for his first week now, and feels pretty damned good.

This fat kid is going to trim off at least 30 lbs.

This fat kid is still going to clean 15 plus mile hikes as he always has every year while hunting, as well as a minimum of two nights in the gym/two nights of exercise specific events.

While this fat kid is still a bad ass, he is not the bad ass he was ten years ago. This fat kid is going to be that bad ass again, and better!!!!!!

Fuck yeah!!!!!

P.S. seven lbs officially in the first week.......

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You're welcome. If you step into the world of longer fasts then it becomes even more important. I tend to drink a small cup of water + a small bit of apple cider vinegar + Nu-salt + regular salt when I'm shooting for 42 hrs+. The apple cider vinegar is not enough to break a fast and has evidence backing its use (not just an old wives tale!).
I will take that into consideration. My fasts tend to be 24hr-ish (from after dinner through breakfast 36h later) but I do eat during the duration...just low calories and therefore low salt and fat. My migraines come at seemingly random times but are definitely associated with fasting...once at 10am during a fast after a workout, once at 1pm during a fast with no workout but surfing my phone in the dark (duh), most recently 6pm after a fast with no workout. There's no consistent trigger aside from the fast, so I'll try concentrating on my salt. I tend to eat a high salt diet, so maybe reducing the intake so dramatically makes me particularly susceptible.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
This fat kid right here....... is tired.

Tired of getting hurt
Tired of the co workers half his age running circles around him on the trails
Tired of being out of shape(I know, round is a shape)

This fat kid has been on a strick 1800 calorie balanced diet for his first week now, and feels pretty damned good.

This fat kid is going to trim off at least 30 lbs.

This fat kid is still going to clean 15 plus mile hikes as he always has every year while hunting, as well as a minimum of two nights in the gym/two nights of exercise specific events.

While this fat kid is still a bad ass, he is not the bad ass he was ten years ago. This fat kid is going to be that bad ass again, and better!!!!!!

Fuck yeah!!!!!

P.S. seven lbs officially in the first week.......
Nonono. Don't go down the calorie restriction route! Unless you have superhuman self-deprivation capacity you'll lower your metabolism, will lose weight for a few months, then will rebound to where you were before.

Intermittent fasting + cutting back on carbs is the way.

This is well worth your time. Trust me, and not in the Message way:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Nonono. Don't go down the calorie restriction route! Unless you have superhuman self-deprivation capacity you'll lower your metabolism, will lose weight for a few months, then will rebound to where you were before.

Intermittent fasting + cutting back on carbs is the way.

This is well worth your time. Trust me, and not in the Message way:

I cant fast for more than about 12 hours or my pancreas does bad things...... like crashing my glucose. Long story as to what happened.....

This plan, hoes with doctor supervision. Both my general, and an endocrinologist as well.....

I weigh in at 290 right as of today. Six and a half years ago, I was 207 and cut to match and maintaining quite well. Two years before that I was 300.
What happened to that..... was I shredded my calf muscle and was off my feet for a little over 6 months.... three months after getting back to full duty i tore the meniscus in the left knee, and plain fell into a habit of being lazy and eating tasty, easy food over healthier options, started going back for seconds and plain stopped portion control.

Also..... weight alone is not the only focus. I honestly could care less about that particular number. Truth is, I will likely drop about 30 lbs them hold there due to a regiment to build muscle at the same time.

I appreciate what you offered, its just not something I can do.