Quantcast

♋︎ Thoisday ♋︎

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Constantly amazed that my wife puts 100% faith in me to handle the family finances. She hasn't the foggiest how much money we have or where it is. I could have squandered it all on Pokémon figurines or Yu-Gi-Oh cards and she'd be none the wiser.

I haven't, of course, but that level of unknowing doesn't seem healthy.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
me: hey if your department is no longer using this server in Azure, we should at least turn it off to save a few $.
them: ok sounds good go ahead.
me: ok I will turn it off today.

***thirty seconds later***

them: can you hold off on that, we are still using it etc etc.

:banghead:

Drinking tea today, as I'm out of coffee and too lazy to go to the store for more. Work from home today, which is nice. New tires going on the car tomorrow morning.

Splendid ride last night. Though it seems like either my derailleur or hanger (or both) are bent. :think:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

Constantly amazed that my wife puts 100% faith in me to handle the family finances. She hasn't the foggiest how much money we have or where it is. I could have squandered it all on Pokémon figurines or Yu-Gi-Oh cards and she'd be none the wiser.

I'm like your wife in that sense except that I do know how to access our finances somewhat. Then again I am married to a CPA with a masters in tax and I know how much she spends on horses :eek:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I was going to risk heading up to the mountains tomorrow afternoon with the hoard of unwashed masses until I was told that I am pulling a 12 on the Ambulance Friday and will not get home until after 8pm. So perhaps local Kayaking and biking will be my new plan.

I shall contemplate that and the meaning of life as I cruise off to the Delta for my first transport of the day

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Working in the office today and there is nobody else in my department. I'll pedal the kickr later despite the fact that it's a beautiful day, but I need to manage my foot injury.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:stupid: so much snot.......

We're kind of the opposite. My wife tells me "we have money" or "we don't have money" and I pretty much take her word for it. I mean, I do take a passing interest and generally have a notion of our financial trajectory, but the day-to-day stuff? No clue, and I honestly prefer it that way.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Constantly amazed that my wife puts 100% faith in me to handle the family finances.
my wife is 100% checked out from our finances as well. I do have a spreadsheet shared with her that has all our insurance policies, account numbers, etc. laid out so that she could figure it out were I to suddenly kick the bucket for some reason.

I should make sure that's updated, now that I think of it.

/me is WFH today. already dropped Baby Aya off and went to PT. time to do some actual work now.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
my wife is 100% checked out from our finances as well. I do have a spreadsheet shared with her that has all our insurance policies, account numbers, etc. laid out so that she could figure it out were I to suddenly kick the bucket for some reason.

I should make sure that's updated, now that I think of it.

/me is WFH today. already dropped Baby Aya off and went to PT. time to do some actual work now.
A buddy of mine's dad had the same sort of "master spreadsheet". Then he got hacked and his identity stolen. Some things are best not loaded to the aether... fwiw.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
A buddy of mine's dad had the same sort of "master spreadsheet". Then he got hacked and his identity stolen. Some things are best not loaded to the aether... fwiw.
I have all sorts of my data entrusted to Google Docs. and phone app based 2FA. I'm ok with that risk.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So I found a cool network sniffer I thought I could use for my current project. They don't post prices, so I requested a quote. John from the manufacturer (title Senior Systems Engineer) asked me what model and where would it be shipped to. He asked if I wanted a US distributor, I said yes, gave him the model and our address. John from Packet Guru (title Forensic Network Analyst) sent me the quote. Then I got a follow up from John at Packet Guru telling me about the company. That's when I noticed it's the same John. :rofl:

Seems kind of sketchy, but it's only $2195 with free shipping.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Same. All of the policies and such are in the safe deposit box, so she can grab a sheet and be ready to start. I have a buddy (CFP) who I trust to take care of her and the kids that she knows and knows to step in. And everything is on auto-pay, so nothing will go *boom* and become an issue while she's dealing with shit.

I use the financial planning software from the company that's integrated into my 401k website, so she can log in and have a homepage of everything (budget, investment accounts, financial plan, etc). She does it periodically, but she doesn't want to be involved. She just wants to be told if there are spending issues, etc. I just say "this is the monthly spending. We need to bring it back by XYZ" and it happens.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Last official day of employment and I had to hand in the company car. It was a bit sad as the Volvo has been a super nice car for the last 5 years. I am still not sad I lost the job and sure I will find something better and a better car too!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Last official day of employment and I had to hand in the company car. It was a bit sad as the Volvo has been a super nice car for the last 5 years. I am still not sad I lost the job and sure I will find something better and a better car too!
holy shit, you've been back in the old world for 5 years now?!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I rode Apex this morning, hot as balls but fun was had.
Lost another friend to cancer last night, 2nd friend in 2 weeks, she was only 37. Fuck cancer.

have a great day people.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I rode Apex this morning, hot as balls but fun was had.
Lost another friend to cancer last night, 2nd friend in 2 weeks, she was only 37. Fuck cancer.

have a great day people.
Sorry dude.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The 6'4" 300 lb new hire just got our manager because there was a bee on the ceiling. She asked if he was allergic, when the kid said no she just laughed and walked away. I think he was expecting an evacuation.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
First rain in a long time today. Great for trails, garden, vines and filling the rain water tanks. Bummed bc I think I broke something in my foot and can’t go make moto-noises while riding the hero dirt.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just got a folder with a bunch of pictures from last weekend's race. One of the dads is a photographer, so he takes a LOT of pictures of his son. He asked if I wanted some of Haley and he said the he got a couple good ones.

The ones where she's turning and you can see the inside rear wheel lifting are awesome. That only happens when you're loading the living shit out of you kart into the corner, which is good. It's a solid rear axle, so it needs to go up to make corners, especially at speed.

Edit: i removed the security block on the folder

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I got a call from the Oregon Bowlers Association, they have raised $650 to be split 3 ways between the 3 local VFW's and I'm supposed to do a photo op with an oversized Ed McMahon check. :rofl:

The rockstar lifestyle of a VFW Quartermaster.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I got a call from the Oregon Bowlers Association, they have raised $650 to be split 3 ways between the 3 local VFW's and I'm supposed to do a photo op with an oversized Ed McMahon check. :rofl:

The rockstar lifestyle of a VFW Quartermaster.
Time to get the tuxedo cleaned