♐︎◆︎♍︎⧫︎♒︎♓︎⬧︎⬧︎♒︎♓︎⧫︎ Soul Stash GMT⧫︎♓︎♒︎⬧︎⬧︎♓︎♒︎⧫︎♍︎◆︎♐︎

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Fuck

This

Shit

Been way too stressed out this week. Can't focus on work at all. Unless the phone rings or someone walks in here in the next 20 minutes, I'm gone.
Definitely go out in the woods if you can.

I just got back from a ride. My gal has today off and works the next two in a row, plus it's supposed to rain starting right now, through the weekend. I told my boss I had a "personal matter to take care of" and off we went. It was a much-needed stress relief mechanism. She's been wicked stressed at work, and at the beginning of the ride she was grumpy and irritable. She spun out on a loose rock and was like "This is why I'm bad at mountain biking! Bah!" As we got higher on the climb, she started letting that stress go, and was smiling and clearing obstacles by the top. She's in a much better mood now. Stoked.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Not drinking during week.
Going to drink with extreme prejudice tonight to make up for it.
Been a week of fucking Monday’s.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

In early, out quick. Doc said I did a real number on the tednon but she got it hooked up. Now to do some pain management. :drag:
IMG_20190621_125315.jpg

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
One of my neighbours was sworn in as a Canadian today. They are hosting a block party/BBQ. I am sipping local beer while they blast The Hip. Life is good.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
still drizzlin' over here. hope trails are perfect tomorrow.

I've used gorilla tape for the last couple two three wheels. It works wel .

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
China. Typical Canadian BBQ, just grocery store sausages and potato salad. But still, it's all about hanging out with the neighbours and drinking beer.
Nice.
Sounds like a good time.
When the guy I sponsored became a citizen he threw an epic Brazilian bbq.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Took Haley climbing at the rec center today, where they have an actual climbing area. First time because she's finally 7 and allowed to. Orientation was 2min long vs the normal 20min.
"Have you climbed before?"
"I started when I was 4."
"Where do you normally climb?
"Rock'n'Jam. I'm not allowed to time myself, but I can."
"Well okay then."

She acquired an audience of employees after her first route was super stretchy and had her do a Dyno mid-route (5.8 for climbers). She knocked out two 5.9's, got stuck on an overhung 5.10-, then finished on an overhung 5.9+. The bouldering area has a height restriction for kids under 12, but watching her they just let her climb to see what she could do.

Was a good climb.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Yes, Stan’s is ok. But if Gorilla made a tape that just worked, you could buy a roll that would do 100 wheels for the price of one wheel’s worth from Stan’s (at cost, even).

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Hitched a ride to the bottom the mountain from one of the rangers so I could hike a trail all the way back up to the park and then some. Got at least 1:45 before encountering any other humans. Nice to get on something unfamiliar to mix it up a bit.

BTW, what ever happened to listening to your tunes with headphones or ear buds ?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
For two years I have been working on a project where I had to argue against coworkers and suppliers on important issues, many that I lost. Now we are about to implement said project and tomorrow I get to go into to work, pretty much solo and test $100,000,000 worth of stuff with a decent chance of turning all of it into scrap metal. None of those people who I had to defer to are around anymore and I get to be responsible for a large pile of their poor decisions.

I am going to ask for a raise.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
A Clash song came on Pandora. I was a bit distracted. Almost got hit by a taxi riding home from the Jazz Fest. Ate a fuckton of Tuna. Salt and Pepper shrimps with savory noodles also. Rare Japanese Whiskey for the win... Bong shed was a bust however....

Kiwintas

Chimp
Oct 22, 2018
What a day and it’s only half over.
Was up at at 5:30 to drive an hour and a half to meet a friend for a ride. Meet up just as the sun was rising and it was -3ish degree C. With the frozen ground crunching as our wheel rolled over it we rode 35km with 1000m of climbing. Mainly on single track.
Start driving home and my partner rings to inform me that in need to take the girl to dance, Mad dash home to swap vehicles and then another 45 minute drive into town. Now I just need to throw the milkshake cup out so the girl doesn’t see it when I pick her up and buy some chicken food.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
What a day and it’s only half over.
Was up at at 5:30 to drive an hour and a half to meet a friend for a ride. Meet up just as the sun was rising and it was -3ish degree C. With the frozen ground crunching as our wheel rolled over it we rode 35km with 1000m of climbing. Mainly on single track.
Start driving home and my partner rings to inform me that in need to take the girl to dance, Mad dash home to swap vehicles and then another 45 minute drive into town. Now I just need to throw the milkshake cup out so the girl doesn’t see it when I pick her up and buy some chicken food.
This is like a metric translation of a jdcamb post

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Very lightning
Much thunder
So rain
What are your thoughts on whether ML will be rideable Sunday morning? It is higher elevation with soil that handles rain better than the clay down low…