Quantcast

♐︎◆︎♍︎⧫︎♒︎♓︎⬧︎⬧︎♒︎♓︎⧫︎ Winds Day GMT⧫︎♓︎♒︎⬧︎⬧︎♓︎♒︎⧫︎♍︎◆︎♐︎

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Fucking vacation :-)

Which is more work around the house and some bike riding. Body is ready to get back on the bike after last weekends gravel bonanza. All of Easter week has perfect sunny and warm spring weather in the forecast.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Way too many side projects and a phone interview at 1. Phone interviews are preferred because I can do them from the shed. Still on the fence with this one. The hiring manager has been there 3 months and looking to bring in some new blood to jumpstart things. Been there, done that with about a 40% success rate. Not sure I want to try that in my current funk.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The hiring manager has been there 3 months and looking to bring in some new blood to jumpstart things. Been there, done that with about a 40% success rate. Not sure I want to try that in my current funk.
Do it. I mostly regret my past indecisions when I didn't move out of stale companies / teams.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello ROFL!!! I left work early yesterday then slept 10 hours last night. I was going to swim before work this morning but I got up at 5:00 and didn't know what the hell planet I was on, so I went back to bed for two more hours. I'm feeling a little more normal today.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley is home from school, because it's closed, because there is a crazy lady in the metro area who they are concerned might go Columbine on a school. Most local school districts are closed because of her. Wifey is scared as all fuck because of it, making sure that Primrose isn't letting the kids outside today. The daycare is in a business park in the middle of the suburbs; I'm pretty sure we have no risk there. She flipped out on me last night because I left the front door open while I was going in and out while working outside. It fucking pains me because we live in one of the safest places in the country and she's still scared of this shit.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Haley is home from school, because it's closed, because there is a crazy lady in the metro area who they are concerned might go Columbine on a school. Most local school districts are closed because of her. Wifey is scared as all fuck because of it, making sure that Primrose isn't letting the kids outside today. The daycare is in a business park in the middle of the suburbs; I'm pretty sure we have no risk there. She flipped out on me last night because I left the front door open while I was going in and out while working outside. It fucking pains me because we live in one of the safest places in the country and she's still scared of this shit.
Our kids go to Columbine. My wife was relieved that they called the day off.

I told her that Columbine is very likely the *safest* place that kids could be this week.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Thankfully a known fucking crazy woman was able to fly halfway across the country, step off an airplane, run to the nearest gun shop and load up. I guess this means America is great again?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Just gonna sit here and work some. Entering the boring part of the season. Thankfully, we are heading south next week to ride bicycles in the woods. #sendingitsoon

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Our kids go to Columbine. My wife was relieved that they called the day off.

I told her that Columbine is very likely the *safest* place that kids could be this week.
Oh yeah. That place had a fucking army there based on what I saw from the news.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Thankfully a known fucking crazy woman was able to fly halfway across the country, step off an airplane, run to the nearest gun shop and load up. I guess this means America is great again?
Big test of the red flag law coming in hot here.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Looks like my company might get acquired or we are acquiring someone or both companies are acquiring each other or some other such bullshit going down here soon. :panic:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
the post or the prosthetic?

either way, good luck.

btw, why did you choose implant? was bridge an option? I'm asking, because I have to decide on the same thing soon...
Bridge == they kill surrounding teeth first. :fie:
Implant every single time for me.
:stupid:

FWIW, I have an implant for a tooth that was knocked out by a Volkswagen. All things considered, pretty happy with it. The process kind of sucks but honestly, if I didn't know it was fake I'd have no idea. Zero difference to a normal tooth.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I guess...... it's a good thing you can't actually do that.....
I would have though that you weren't this naive. Ah, well...

Looks like my company might get acquired or we are acquiring someone or both companies are acquiring each other or some other such bullshit going down here soon. :panic:
Severance? Stock options? Maybe just a big bag of cash? I wish my company would get acquired or some shit like that... :mad:

so you're either gonna get rich or lose your job
"Either"?

Why not both?

:brows: