Quantcast

♐︎◆︎♍︎⧫︎♒︎♓︎⬧︎⬧︎♒︎♓︎⧫︎ Winds Day GMT⧫︎♓︎♒︎⬧︎⬧︎♓︎♒︎⧫︎♍︎◆︎♐︎

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
speaking of sayadasti, where is he?
squeeb gave him a proper (and well deserved) verbal assault after he (syadasti) made some very inappropriate comments about his daughter in the p&wn forum and he hasn't been back since. i can't remember which thread, but last i was aware it's still there. it included the ever classic "you're not wrong, you're just an asshole"

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I was hoping someone would have come up with something that doesn't involve the word "hammer". Just seems like there's gotta be a better way than using impact.
The hammer action is what's pulling the bearing out of it's seat, you're not using it to bang anything against the object, but against the end of the bearing puller.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
The hammer action is what's pulling the bearing out of it's seat, you're not using it to bang anything against the object, but against the end of the bearing puller.
I understand. I've used that style for years. There is much more risk of damaging the frame when using impact. If the bearing gets out of alignment (one side comes out faster than the other) you can deform the seat that the bearing fits into. After that the new bearings will be slightly loose and you'll end up with unfixable creaking and excessive bearing wear.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I understand. I've used that style for years. There is much more risk of damaging the frame when using impact. If the bearing gets out of alignment (one side comes out faster than the other) you can end deforming the seat that the bearing fits into. After that the new bearings will be slightly loose and you'll end up with unfixable creaking and excessive bearing wear.