Quantcast

♢◇♢Thursday GMT♢◇♢

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Chiller ride yesterday, passed my favorite kidney stone last night with no additional pain or drama. Expecting awesome participation award to be delivered later today. This Friday is the first of 2 Christmas parties I wasn't able to weasel out of. Why we continue to be invited is beyond me... this year I will take scotch in a flask and be obvious about not sharing.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Someone stole our December and installed April weather instead. I'll try to sneak out of work early to enjoy the almost-60F bliss on the trails.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my brother got the duck and cover emergency call last night.....the kids had fun...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Today is certainly a day. Pretty sure I've already blown my work wad for the week, it's time for the weekend.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Swim day #3 in a row. 2200 yards done. I wasn't expecting much but actually had a good workout. It continues to get easier. We got pounded with much needed rain last night. Good stuff.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yo!

Last nights ride was short, fast and holy-balls-slippery. Wet leaves over top of slime like greasy mud in some corners. And fog...

This mornings commute was great. Saw a pair of Ferrari's, a 348 (sounded amazing) and a 355.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Wow, it is damn cold outside. Dark and cold on my morning walk from the bus stop. At least it's damn near Friday and this weekend I have very little planned. I will be getting my big bike and my play bike ready, not sure if I will try to sell both, or give the jumper to my son. He doesn't seem as excited about it as I am. :rofl:

On a lighter note, I might have more than one e-stalker. So that's kind of exciting. I thought only @stoney got RM e-stalked. :fans:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Didn't sleep.
Met up with JohnE yesterday and unloaded a Shimano drivetrain so he can update his hardtail :thumb: Solid dude who grew up a few towns over from my old neighborhood. As they say it's a small world but I wouldn't want to paint it.
Looking at a project up north a few states, could last a couple of years. hmmm.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
30 miles on the rollers last night. Shoulder still hurts from riding, but not as bad. Debating making an 'impulse' buy and getting either a 105 spec Synapse or Roubaix in giant size and selling the look as a whole. My break-even would be pretty close if I go that route because Durace.
Run tonight for 45min. It's going to be cold...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
tornado warning....strong storm passed through....
I was confused, too. Projectile vomiting was my thought.

I rode in today, because why not? Ski gloves + my winter boots did the trick with only the slightest of cold toe action.

Rehearsal tonight, concert tomorrow, concert Saturday. It'd be more fun if I didn't have to drive to HR for the first two things...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'd like to win it big on the lottery please. This work thing isn't working out for me.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Officially in escrow, should close January 13th, yes yes I know we get to move in the fucking snow and cold but damnit... it's mine and no more rent. Would show the house, but I keep stuff like my address private. It's 1400 square foot, layout feels like 2000. One owner, built in 99, non smokers, never had pets, carpet is like new, paint is great, decent yard, do not believe I will be allowed to shoot my bow out back though. Double wide boat garage, crawl space single story..... Now time to pack, gonna take the opportunity to thin out the possessions

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
My 45yo single brother in law was told by his sister that his house was barren looking. So I go over there and he's all proud "I hung some stuff on the walls!"

A Scarface poster, two mall-ninja swords and a 15 foot tanned snakeskin.

I told him it looked great.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My 45yo single brother in law was told by his sister that his house was barren looking. So I go over there and he's all proud "I hung some stuff on the walls!"

A Scarface poster, two mall-ninja swords and a 15 foot tanned snakeskin.

I told him it looked great.
tell him he needs a black light

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Got addicted to Sons Of Anarchy. I know, I'm late to the party.

Working on programing polyrhythms. Learning my new sequencer. Trying to think outside the rock box. My brain feels squishy.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Listen to some Adrian Belew era King Crimson...
Tony Levin is a monster.
It's funny. I can't hear or physically perform them yet, but I understand the concept and can program and sequence them. I can tell that something isn't 4/4, but I can't identify it by ear... Yet.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
  • Fitted new chain to trail bike because the old one measured as worn.
  • After descending 1750ft from home, the climb starts heading back
  • Discover chain now skips on biggest cassette cog with 1600ft of climb still to go...
  • ???
  • No profit.

If I can't fix it, I'm just going to put the old chain back on and wear the cassette out some more...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
wait, wait, wait...still drunk as fuck in miami. vocal chords are still trashed. but others on trip enjoyed it. shit was swanky swank. art was brought. copious amounts of alcohol were consumed. ridiculous clubs were attended. ridiculous people watching took place. FINE.

8:30 flight home in the AM ftf.