Quantcast

♢◇♢Tuesday GMT♢◇♢

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Not the issue, actually. Those are easy conversations. "Think we're not doing well enough? Okay, I've taken you from our service. You now have 100% control of your account. Anything else I can help with?"

It's amazing how people's tune changes when you tell them that they are in charge of their own investments, since we clearly don't know what we are doing. My favorite is when I do that and people flip out that they don't know what to invest in. If you don't know what you're doing, how do you know what I am doing is incorrect?

There are so many facepalm's in this job that it's just amazing.
i just worry about your head popping...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
so my oldest son been battling constipation for the past week. I think he's been "witholding" because he's scared the "log" is too big. On Saturday and yesterday he had a few cloth-touching incidents resulting in the need for fresh underwear. Today we got a call from the school saying he'd had another couple of "accidents", and he was complaining about his tummy hurting. So my wife went to go get him. She put him in the bath to soothe him a bit, and after a while he complained about needing to poo... so she tells him to get on the toilet, but he won't caus' he's scared it will hurt. so she says fine, just do it in the bathtub... which he does. and lays a nice firm baby arm-sized log... so she cleaned him up, and cleaned up the tub and let him take another bath. 15 minutes later, she goes up to check on him, and he's dancing around. she says to him "so it looks like you feel better" and he says, "yeah, I'm so glad I poohed"...

I think there's a good learning opportunity for him here with regards to eating healthy food... (even though he blamed his mother for putting treats in his lunch...)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
so my oldest son been battling constipation for the past week. I think he's been "witholding" because he's scared the "log" is too big. On Saturday and yesterday he had a few cloth-touching incidents resulting in the need for fresh underwear. Today we got a call from the school saying he'd had another couple of "accidents", and he was complaining about his tummy hurting. So my wife went to go get him. She put him in the bath to soothe him a bit, and after a while he complained about needing to poo... so she tells him to get on the toilet, but he won't caus' he's scared it will hurt. so she says fine, just do it in the bathtub... which he does. and lays a nice firm baby arm-sized log... so she cleaned him up, and cleaned up the tub and let him take another bath. 15 minutes later, she goes up to check on him, and he's dancing around. she says to him "so it looks like you feel better" and he says, "yeah, I'm so glad I poohed"...

I think there's a good learning opportunity for him here with regards to eating healthy food... (even though he blamed his mother for putting treats in his lunch...)
MOAR

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:fie: :panic:
Jesus for the love of all that is holy fuck no. That god forsaken, end times, shit ought to get a person hung in The Hague.

When I was in hospital, hopped up on painkillers and goofballs, on of the "solutions" to opioid induced non-shits was to try and get me to eat prunes/pureed prunes/prune juice by the pound/gallon. I'd rather be dead. :mad:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well shit. I just requested the time off for the "remembrance" and my manager didn't challenge it at all. Kind of surprised. He said that there is no way he would challenge it because it's not right to do that, even if he has the ability to. I'm seriously shocked.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Jesus for the love of all that is holy fuck no. That god forsaken, end times, shit ought to get a person hung in The Hague.

When I was in hospital, hopped up on painkillers and goofballs, on of the "solutions" to opioid induced non-shits was to try and get me to eat prunes/pureed prunes/prune juice by the pound/gallon. I'd rather be dead. :mad:
my brother had not taken a shit after his hernia surgery for 2 or 3 days.....spent about 50 bucks on laxatives.....what would have been cheaper....a bummed cigarette and a shitty cup of mcdonalds coffee......most expensive shit he has taken.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Seriously considering how to not freeze my skinny ass off sleeping in a tent in Flagstaff Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday night.
When I was there a few weeks ago, it was in the forties.
Hey, while you are there, I highly recommend a trip to the observatory. It was really good. Kiddo loved it...
We also ate at a very good Greek restaurant. Worth a visit if you are looking for grub.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yup, that's the spot. Pretty ironic considering my post last week about poaching illegal trails! I read about these consultations and this plan about two days after! 100%of what i ride is on that map .all of it the unofficial trails. Most of my favourite trails are slated to be legitimized. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath... Still, it's really good news for this shitty spring.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode this evening. Everything was wet and ridiculously slippery. Much sideways action was going on. Humidity was up there, too. I am out of shape and the forecast calls for rain and moar rain in the next bunch of days.

When I was there a few weeks ago, it was in the forties.
Hey, while you are there, I highly recommend a trip to the observatory. It was really good. Kiddo loved it...
We also ate at a very good Greek restaurant. Worth a visit if you are looking for grub.
Do you remember what restaurant?

Patagonia Capilene has saved my ass sooo many times.
Yeah, I'm planning on the Ibex equivalent, wool socks, got a warmer sleeping bag, and a liner. Monday morning's looking like 28 F.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle

When I was 5-6 days shitless due to OIC, I would have paid or eaten anything to break that barrier open, A homeopathic magnesium cocktail and some Swss Kriss did the trick. Not even the pharmaceutical laxatives were working.