Quantcast

♢♢♢Friday GMT♢♢♢

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! The weather around here is supposed to turn into buckets of rain sometime this weekend so I've made plans to get my work done before noon and hit the trail by 2PM. I can still feel yesterday's ride in my legs so maybe a slower one today...

The couple I met on the trail yesterday never called to see the old bike so their loss, that SID has at least 40mm of travel left in it.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
last night's ride felt like we were in a sauna. made post-ride bevvies, swim, and "charcuterie plate" all the sweeter:
post sauna ride.jpg

madness at work today, and going to pick up my mom at airport tonight... going to be madness at home this weekend... :/

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Work "carnival" today, so basically I get food truck food and get to go home early. Win win, especially cause I have a friend in town from Germany. And no it's not N8.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Rain!!! Well, it's actually sunny right now, but the rain came last night and washed the hipsters. It shall be a glorious weekend. I know I need to work on the truck, I'm just sort of avoiding it right now. Also have to go car shopping this weekend to replace the wifes old work car with something exactly like it. I told her we should just buy it off them and call it a day, but they wanted her to turn it in the day after she gave notice and are being total dicks in general.

The new gig will be so nice for her and us. Back to a less than 15 minute commute and no underlying stress to make arbitrary stats.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
"working" from home today tag teaming kid supervision with teh wife. coffee is flowing.

might hit the hills for a family hike tomorrow after 10yo's tkd class is over. trying to swing a trip over to bailey mtn for some dh on sunday.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Le tired, coasting on autopilot to the weekend. Contemplating a Thunder trip on Sunday but there's a lot of stuff to be done around the house, too. :help:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Today also = raise day. Already donated half of the increase to my 401K. Now I shall take the remaining portion and live the #tycoonlife.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
mothlight/jp harris tonight...might pass out on the blue ridge parkway afterwards...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My boy Federer lost. Picking up a rental minivan for the weekend (eastern Washington wedding). Raining.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Most likely leaving today to spend a week in the Tahoe area, probably gonna go look at Yosemite while I'm out there as well. Canada trip has been delayed (twice) now but still looking good to eventually happen. Pretty sure I'm crushing this unemployment gig.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Pretty warm out here today. Might try to paint the house if not to crazy hot by the time I get home.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Standing at the courthouse, waiting to bid on an abandoned, cat pass filled house.

Rained last night so it's muggy today. Maybe a bicycle pedal tonight to ease the pain.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I was highly productive this morning and got the eff out of there before over achievement set in. It's about 86 degrees, muggy with no wind. I will have to pedal faster to stay cool as I hit the trails right about now!!!

Oh, need some lunch first.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
My boss just pulled me aside and said they're starting one of those bullshit workplace mentorship program things at our place and she volunteered me as the person from our group to have mentor. She spent 5 minutes explaining everything and the point of it, and at the end goes "hopefully you're ok with that?" to which I replied "Do I have a choice?" It was met with nervous laughter and a puzzed expression as I got up and left the room.

How I am still employed here is shocking to me at times.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I either need a nap, or to leave. I am giving my lady a ride home today, but she is busy downtown doing who knows what. Once she's done, I would like to get the fack out of here in a hurry. I need some quality shed time.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ran into a massive, borderline yelling argument with one of the peers in the office. He is a sociopath/bully narcissist who drove couple of people out, and who my new boss is afraid of confronting. We are on an increasingly collision course, interesting times are ahead.

After lunch Mai Tais with a good friend colleague fixed the mood.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Ride was somewhat successful in that I completed it without dying. Temps climbed into the low 90s and I was riding the Yeti and it was hot and there was no breeze and... well at least I wasn't working.

Came home to find the HVAC is out, I've been waiting for squirrel cage to go south and today was the day. The good news it's going to be cool this weekend.

Last edited:
Ran into a massive, borderline yelling argument with one of the peers in the office. He is a sociopath/bully narcissist who drove couple of people out, and who my new boss is afraid of confronting. We are on an increasingly collision course, interesting times are ahead.

After lunch Mai Tais with a good friend colleague fixed the mood.
Kill him with fire.

For the most part, spent the day clearing out brush to make a flat spot to store the camper. My excavator came over to discuss doing the dirty work. Our small empire has exactly no flat spots on it, so he's going to be grading, putting down road fabric, then gravel. and putting in a culvert to give me some more backing room.

Also continued with efforts to make Vergennes more bicycle friendly, bike racks and signage not addressed to motorists.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Back home in the city of d-bags. I think I might seriously consider moving away from here after this year closes. The only thing keeping me here is a pretty good job, friends and good trails.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had beers with HAB last night
Had a fun day setting up an industrial network
Gonna walk the idiot dog then moar beerz then moar sleepz