Quantcast

♤♡◇♧ wednesderp ♧◇♡♤

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Quebec trip is officially booked for next week. One night in the microbrew motel in Saint Raymond, followed by camping in the Bush and then more camping at Bromont. Decided to skip Vermont and save it for next year.

Woo.

Is it Friderp yet?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Tomorrow's kind of my Saturday. Riding my sacrilege-bike at Mountain Lion late-ish tomorrow morning, DR early-ish Thursday morning, then working again on Friday.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If you decide to hit Vermont next year I may be able to put you up at the lake...

Temperature has almost broken...
Sounds like a plan. There are a bunch of places down there we want to check out, just didn't want to be crammed for time.

Thoughts are to do a big loop down through New York and then around to Vermont and back through Ottawa area.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Rocky trails are rocky... fell down and bruised my palm something fierce during last night’s ride. One of those slow motion tipovers you only get riding flat/uphill technical stuff. But the $1 tacos and beer afterwards made up for it...

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Supposed to hit 105 today here. Not normal. It takes me back to my training days in SoCal. I rode yesterday afternoon and made sure it included a dunk in the river. Straight snow melt..cold. Who would know?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Working on a backpacking setup. Got a small stove the other day and ti pot, went and picked up some fuel at REI last night. I used to go with my dad when I was younger, but it's crazy how much lighter and more compact gear has become. Need to get a few more little things and then going to go out with my buddy for an overnight to get my gear sorted and work on acquiring some bikepacking bags.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Smoke alarm went off at 4:20am on the dot, while we were sleeping. trippy, eh?

Subbing a yoga class on thursday. need to prepare a class the old farts will like. shouldnt be hard.
My gf's mom will be in town for a week starting friday. first time to meet her. mom's love me & her ex was a POS so I already have a leg up.

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
those switchbacks look awful.
I can't believe they used that exposed section. Surely somebody it going to fall, and that looks pretty high to be falling from.
double black diamond gnarcore!!

Again, I'd push my bike through that

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
any tricks for clean brake pads / rotors of mineral oil?
(asking for a friend) :busted:
Brake cleaner from an automotive parts store or Wal-Mart or something. You may end up just having to replace the pads, but will easily clean the rotors. Could use acetone, alcohol or something similar probably as well, especially for the rotor. Problem with the pads is they are porous and you might not be able to get the oil out and they can weep over time. It really just depends.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Brake cleaner from an automotive parts store or Wal-Mart or something. You may end up just having to replace the pads, but will easily clean the rotors. Could use acetone, alcohol or something similar probably as well, especially for the rotor. Problem with the pads is they are porous and you might not be able to get the oil out and they can weep over time. It really just depends.
cool, I have some aircraft paint stripper I will try on the rotor, going to get some new pads as a backup, and try alcohol on the pads

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Allergies are still bothering me. Supposed to be some big storms around us this evening so I'm charging up the electronics and planning some game time with the girls. Also got out the ASX to clean up and sell. Not much motivation today.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
aircraft paint stripper
lol wut??

He said brake cleaner. It's cheap and available everywhere. I don't recommend paint stripper being used on a bike for any reason other than to strip paint.

Brake cleaner is probably your best bet for the pads too. Some people bake their pads in the oven and a bunch of other stuff but in general if the brake cleaner doesn't work just get new ones.