Quantcast

♤♤¤-Wodan's GMT-¤♤♤

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
worst effing part of the morning is waiting for the dammed coffee to be ready.
that's part of my waking up ritual. I like making my coffee almost as much as drinking it. wet cloth, pour milk into pitcher, preheat grouphead, measure out correct quantity of beans, grind, tamp, wipe rim, flush grouphead, insert portafilter, start coffee, start timer, flush steam wand, froth milk, stop coffee, finish frothing, wipe wand, tap pitcher, pour milk into coffee, hope for some fancy design but don't care if it doesn't work out. sit in wingback chair and sip coffee. only then I can pay attention to the chaos unfolding in front of me (usually it's that the kids want breakfast or some such ridiculous demand).

at work now. more chaos. must get to it.

rode my bike in. it saves be a full 30 minutes over walking: goes from 50 minutes on foot, to 20 minutes by bike. It's going to be hard to stay motivated to run given the time savings on the bike...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got in a baboon like 10 hours of sleep last night. Might actually be too much.

Finally got all the new boards buttoned up on the deck yesterday. Now have to wait for the new wood to dry out a bit before I can stain. Pressure treat juice would squirt out of them when I drove in a screw. Not as graphic as a tossed salad but the best I've got.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Excessive rib pain is excessive. Told my boss I am going to the doctor. Hurts to move. Coughing is instant 8/10 pain. FUCK FUCK FUCK FU.............

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
coughing up too much lung butter to take my brothers pooch for a meaningful stroll through the woods.

his face was full of disappoint.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work. Coffee. Getting a chuckle about Hillary's about face to debate Bernie. Got a sweet t-shirt in the mail last night too. Work.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My work out today was awseome... for me anyway. I've graduated to 7 Mets on the treadd mill which translates to 12 minute miles up a slight hill. I am only allowed 2 minutes at a time for now but I am pretty happy, for the first time in 6 months I felt like I could bust out a 10 minute mile. :)

For breakfast I had a banana, lots of strawberries, a yogurt and some granola - I just now remembered that I need to make coffee... disaster averted.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hi all. Amazon Home Services dude finally finished the months-in-progress instant hot water installation that I started back in January or so. :D (It works and there are no leaks so win.)

I also got some Matlab work done for my years-in-progress MR angiography paper. It's tough to work at home with the kids around. Mariko cannot stop talking, just like the wife-bot.

Time to head to work: presenting at noon conference (more Indian food?!) and then on clinical service in the afternoon, +/- more Matlab and Gimp figure-action in between cases.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Took the car in for recall work. Watched some ding-dong in a volvo accelerate hard right into the back of a non-moving heavy duty pickup when the light turned green at an intersection. :disgust1: Shit like that makes me seriously consider selling the beemer.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
So I'm thinking Thursday evening is going to be official new bike build day. @Nick, @stoney, @Adventurous, @SkaredShtles, etc. all ya'll are invited. My buddy Ian is definitely coming over, and I need to round up (or just buy) a couple of tools. i.e. my headset press is a pile of hot garbage, I need a Reverb bleed kit, and something to cut a steerer tube with.

#newbikedayisthebestday

Dude.

#blackonblackonblack

Well hello there.
Oh, hi.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
So I'm thinking Thursday evening is going to be official new bike build day. @Nick, @stoney, @Adventurous, @SkaredShtles, etc. all ya'll are invited. My buddy Ian is definitely coming over, and I need to round up (or just buy) a couple of tools. i.e. my headset press is a pile of hot garbage, I need a Reverb bleed kit, and something to cut a steerer tube with.

#newbikedayisthebestday

Dude.

#blackonblackonblack

Oh, hi.
Relevant to my interests, of course I do not possess any of the tools you require. Unless of course you want to cut your steerer tube with an angle grinder.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Took the car in for recall work. Watched some ding-dong in a volvo accelerate hard right into the back of a non-moving heavy duty pickup when the light turned green at an intersection. :disgust1: Shit like that makes me seriously consider selling the beemer.
I saw a nice 3 car chain reaction rear ender on I-70 last night headed to rehearsal. That reminds me that I should pull that off the dashcam this weekend and upload it for a few YouTube hits.