Quantcast

♦ ♥ ♣ ♠ Tuesday's gone with the Wind GMT ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Can I haz a cheeseburger?
Meh. Torrential rain incoming in the evening. Wheel building time? :think:
Heavy snow over here later. Someone must address the idle-structures in the area, Barns, Sugar Shacks, Dairy Farms especially if another round of the wet-stuff comes. Had epic collapse(s) a few seasons ago.

... and Popular Mechanics has just revealed Santa and his Sleigh weigh 60,000 Tons.

Discuss.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got up early to come into work to work on some stuff before a meeting at 11am. Only, I couldn't fall asleep last night; was up until 3am. So now I'm here early, but tired as hell and will probably accomplish just as much as if I had arrived at the normal time. LOL Good one, nice try thanks for trying! :monkey:

I think I might spend the extra few dollars to get a Go Pro Hero5 Session, in light of yesterdays GMT comments. It should meet my needs of mediocre video during some group rides. And if push comes to shove, a buddy has a Go Pro Hero5 Black, which if he treats it anything like his bikes, it should be sitting on a shelf collecting dust by the end of the month and free for borrowing. :busted:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! It will be in the mid 30s today with steady warmish winds slushing the snow up. After the gym I will be riding the hardtail before it gets too sloppy.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Had a pretty decent 3 day weekend. Spent some time with family and friends on Saturday evening. Ski lessons for the little one and a few hours of skiing for the wife and I with friends on Sunday. Yesterday, the wife and I grabbed some food/brews for lunch then relaxed around the house the rest of the day. Not too bad.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Got up early to come into work to work on some stuff before a meeting at 11am. Only, I couldn't fall asleep last night; was up until 3am. So now I'm here early, but tired as hell and will probably accomplish just as much as if I had arrived at the normal time. LOL Good one, nice try thanks for trying! :monkey:

I think I might spend the extra few dollars to get a Go Pro Hero5 Session, in light of yesterdays GMT comments. It should meet my needs of mediocre video during some group rides. And if push comes to shove, a buddy has a Go Pro Hero5 Black, which if he treats it anything like his bikes, it should be sitting on a shelf collecting dust by the end of the month and free for borrowing. :busted:
Do not forget the gimbal...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Nothing like waking up and fining a note from the wife to get my cycling gear off the kitchen table. I must have had fun punching the ticket to her wrath.

Coffee, feed the mutts and off to work. 31* this morning. supposed to be nice today and then heavy rains on Wednesday and Thursday with winds of up to 50mph. Oh fun

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The Karma?
Kind of bulky and expensive, you might want to consider an Feiyutech WGs 3 Axis wearable gimbal. Easy to use without set up or reading annoying instrcuctions, small easily to change batteries that recharge quickly. No manufacturer price control so you can get one for around $200. US. Also incldes spare set of batteries.

@Toshi popped for Karma, I bought the the WGs based on reviews prior to the Karma being available.

Last edited:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Fun weekend with friends up in the mountains. Drank an incredible amount of brown to facilitate skiing slush in the rain, which was actually pretty fun all things considered. Buddy brought a bunch of deer meat which turned into very good chili and tacos. Kids had a blast hiking and playing in the woods.

Evidence of kids happy in the complete absence of iPads and other bullshit. The girls saw the large earthen dam that forms the pond in the background and had to "summit" it immediately. Much celebration ensued. The one on the right is my eldest spawn.
FullSizeRender (7).jpg

Have to work late every day this week so my no riding streak will remain intact until this weekend (when it is predicted to rain heavily the entire time). :rant:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Kid is still running a fever, so wfh again this afternoon. Coffee and walk to work did it's job today. By the time my office was in sight, I had to shit real bad. barely made it to my office to put my jacket and bag away, and back to the shitter. My asshole was dry-heaving by the time I got there, only to see the cleaning lady go in. fuck. made it to the downstairs shitter just barely in time. that was close. and explosive.

Spoke with an LG rep about my phone. apparently, there's a known issue with the motherboard on the G4 and they'll fix it for free. so why the fuck are they making me pack up my phone and send it in myself? They should have worked this shit out with the carriers if its a known issue (imho). ah well, at least I don't have to buy a new phone and I can go on a phone detox regimen for a few days...

:wave:

It's my friday and I've got two big fistfuls of FTS to distribute by the end of the day. Mildly curious if my tools will make an appearance today.
Lost in transit? Do you purchase and maintain your own tools?

It's cold, supposed to start snowing about 4 PM, then stay above freezing pretty much through the 26th.

My refrigerator informs me that a drive to The Alchemist is in order today.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin Peeps!

Insurance estimate is back and they are trying to stick me with an aftermarket replacement bumper. No way. Not gonna happen, especially if the other guy's insurance has already accepted liability for this. Heels dug in!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mornin Peeps!

Insurance estimate is back and they are trying to stick me with an aftermarket replacement bumper. No way. Not gonna happen, especially if the other guy's insurance has already accepted liability for this. Heels dug in!
Get your insurance involved. How old is your truck now? Don't you have one of them fancy aftermarket bumpers anyways?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Get your insurance involved. How old is your truck now? Don't you have one of them fancy aftermarket bumpers anyways?
My insurance is involved. I fully intend to fight for the value of the OEM plus take it to a shop at lunch and get their opinion.

Truck is a 2015 and I have a fancy bumper up front but not on the back.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
My insurance is involved. I fully intend to fight for the value of the OEM plus take it to a shop at lunch and get their opinion.

Truck is a 2015 and I have a fancy bumper up front but not on the back.
Now's a good time for a replacement rear bumper.
Let's see some pics of the damage.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I tried to ride in in the snow. The snow was not having it. Therefore I rode in on the icy shoulder of the road. I do not like sharing the road, nosiree.

At least I'm wearing my GoPro on the ride so if I get hit y'all will have the footage as well as my fond memory.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Now's a good time for a replacement rear bumper.
Let's see some pics of the damage.
That's kind of the direction I'm leaning in.

IMG_2097 by Tim Souza, on Flickr

Metal part of the bumper is dented in in the center and of course the stupid expensive plastic step piece broke along with it. It's hard to see but there are some scratches and scuffs in the paint on the tailgate. Took a chunk out of the shackle receiver as well. No idea if anything in the bumper support structure was impacted.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Back from the gym which was a reasonable success since I wasn't into it at 5 this morning. Moderates 90 minutes on the tread mill covering 7.5 miles, 30 easy minutes on the elliptical and 600 yards in the pool also at an easy pace that took me 30 minutes. I have improved greatly on breathing and found every 4th stroke works well for me while swimming. I will work on speed after I can easily cover 1000 yards in 45 minutes. I don't think I will every be fast. Swimming is pretty relaxing.

Now Ima eat my berries, yogurt and oats and go for a 15 mile bike ride, like were Toshi roade this morning 40 degrees makes slush pretty hard to ride in. The hard pack will be fine as the frost level is at 4 feet, getting to it will be a bitch.

Edit: Ride was meh, hardpaack was nice but rolling studded tires takes more energy than anticipated. Schinook wind was was awesome. :)

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
That's kind of the direction I'm leaning in.

IMG_2097 by Tim Souza, on Flickr

Metal part of the bumper is dented in in the center and of course the stupid expensive plastic step piece broke along with it. It's hard to see but there are some scratches and scuffs in the paint on the tailgate. Took a chunk out of the shackle receiver as well. No idea if anything in the bumper support structure was impacted.
I have never had a truck bumper look that good... my usual MO is to back into a tree while trying to turn around in the woods. I've only had second hand trucks as second vehicles so my care factor was never that high. The best one cost me 3K and lasted over 100K. Trucks. Yeah.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Rode with @Bunnista, more walking than riding, we were scoping some new trail. Walked it, then rode it backwards as darkness ensued.

It is now beer thirty.
Staff from the brewery told me over the weekend there's a Heady washed cheese now - was going to grab some until the Mtn. Road Shuttle and the Daily Bus held traffic both ways, loading from one to another at the Corn Maze.

Tried it yet?

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
A small-batch porter / stout type beer with cherries was out - which I missed - but a semi-soft cheese with this for a wash was great. Chilled or room temp. had two distinct tastes.

Once I solve the OJ Simpson case I'll invite all the monkies to a Beer Cheese and farts party.