Quantcast

♧€ Saturday €♧

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Not sure why but I have woken up feeling like I have slept well two days in a row, seems odd as I haven't slept any longer than most other days, but hey I'll take it.
Got on the bike for the first time in over six weeks, big storm yesterday didn't do much damage in the bush.
4419986094846302667.jpg

9yo next door asked if he and his mate could have a look at my bike, they both agreed that it looked bad. I asked which bit and they said the dual suspension bit, they said it looked wrong.
Assuming that they spotted the digressive leverage ratio, smart ones they are.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Not sure why but I have woken up feeling like I have slept well two days in a row, seems odd as I haven't slept any longer than most other days, but hey I'll take it.
Got on the bike for the first time in over six weeks, big storm yesterday didn't do much damage in the bush.
View attachment 194314
9yo next door asked if he and his mate could have a look at my bike, they both agreed that it looked bad. I asked which bit and they said the dual suspension bit, they said it looked wrong.
Assuming that they spotted the digressive leverage ratio, smart ones they are.
No dropper post? You mad man!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got a cold. Feel a little off so chilling today.

Gave the COO a really strong incentive to hire me when I talked to him yesterday. Finally conclusion Tuesday as Monday is a holiday.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
No dropper post? You mad man!
Haha yeah, haven't run one for over two years, it's a really good way to give up on riding anything technical.
Thing is, for that whole time my E-Verb Magic Wand whatever has been on a mate's bike as a loaner while I serviced the Thomson POS from his bike. I did a practice service then never ordered new bushings for it, they are horrible to service. Thomson should stop making bike products.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
coffee and eggs; gonna go for a quick hike with teh wife so she can steal some ferns for our yard and i can cut a tree or two off the trail. maybe hang with some family friends later.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Going to lounge around the house hanging with younger two kids/Peloton/video games, pick up elder kid via cargo bike after a sleepover, then go donate another unit of blood.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Garden work and firewood stuff. If I can get enough chores done I should be able to go downhilling tomorrow or Monday. But first, having my omelette on the deck.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Since the trip to my parents to swim was a bust I have decided that my daughter will be receiving the new bike for her birthday a couple days early so she can enjoy it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
No animals for me to report today, although I was an animal on my tri bike this morning. Rode 70 miles with some effort and averaged 19 mph. I've only hit that speed a couple of times before for a ride that long. Went for 3.3 mile brick run after. Need to hit the pancakes now!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I have a cat sitting on a cage with a baby squirrel inside of it. Why is there a squirrel in my living room, you ask? Great question.

About to pack up and go for a ride.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Little rugrat and spouse bailed on the Hanford tour but I was able to drag the big rugrat out of the house - crying, no doubt. I think she's having fun now though.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Was on our way to go couch shopping when the wee one unleashed a torrent of puke everywhere. So we are now back at home. Wife has the pleasure of cuddling and watching Bluey while I clean vomit out of the car seat.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:wave:

Was on our way to go couch shopping when the wee one unleashed a torrent of puke everywhere. So we are now back at home. Wife has the pleasure of cuddling and watching Bluey while I clean vomit out of the car seat.
should definitely have another one

later kids puke less*

* this is untrue, in fact

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Close - that was the cog railway at Kleine Scheidegg.
I had conflated the two concepts apparently.

for the record now that I have educated myself: cog railways have trains that pull themselves up via the center cog track. Funiculars by definition are cable pulled like a gondola but on a track. Both are seen in steep areas where people are civilized enough to build them.

which kind of oddly includes Colorado Springs now that I think of it hmm

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Owner of found dog found. They were visiting family from out of state. People on local FB site where Wifey posted that a lost dog was found were being assholes, making snarky comments about 'poor dog will never be the same' and 'what type of person takes a dog to the shelter?'. Wifey was crying because of how mean some of the comments were - she's never dealt with people online like this before. Thankfully a bunch of people did pop in and comment about how they 'saw our young daughter going door to door to find the owner while towing a full wagon', how 'some people can't keep an animal at home for [list of reasons]', and pointing out that not everybody is a member of this local group so they would go to the shelter to find a missing dog. It looks like the meanest of the people have been temporarily banned from the group, which is rightful.

Found out that the insurance adjustor hasn't been able to get ahold of the shop, which means I'm getting at a whole lot more risk of eating the entire kart on my own if they can't get their shit together. Don't really need this stress on top of my work, CFP, and concerns about my Dad going off the deepend right now. I had another small aura last night when I was at dinner with Wifey - which are small seizures caused by stress. Not a fun way to celebrate our anniversary.

To study now. Will plan to go to K1 in the morning with Haley tomorrow.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Hang in there, Stoney, that’s a lot to gripe about. I actually got run off the trail by a girl coming downhill that couldn’t stop, I probably broke a rib when I had to jump out of her way…. :mad: :butcher:

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Owner of found dog found. They were visiting family from out of state. People on local FB site where Wifey posted that a lost dog was found were being assholes, making snarky comments about 'poor dog will never be the same' and 'what type of person takes a dog to the shelter?'. Wifey was crying because of how mean some of the comments were - she's never dealt with people online like this before. Thankfully a bunch of people did pop in and comment about how they 'saw our young daughter going door to door to find the owner while towing a full wagon', how 'some people can't keep an animal at home for [list of reasons]', and pointing out that not everybody is a member of this local group so they would go to the shelter to find a missing dog. It looks like the meanest of the people have been temporarily banned from the group, which is rightful.
Just respond to all the assholes "due to your shit attitude I just had the dog euthanized I don't have time for your bullshit"

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
On some fun though, I found a response time app that Haley's been doing. It's lights out, so race start timing. F1 driver time (Verstappen) is at .222sec. Her first was at .293sec and is now down to .117sec. This does really explain her launch at K1 though - any flag movement and foot is down.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Holy shit. Hannah just ran up to Wifey singing this because "they're going on a trip to the park". :eek::rofl:

Edit: good call by @johnbryanpeters different video with same audio added.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I had conflated the two concepts apparently.

for the record now that I have educated myself: cog railways have trains that pull themselves up via the center cog track. Funiculars by definition are cable pulled like a gondola but on a track. Both are seen in steep areas where people are civilized enough to build them.

which kind of oddly includes Colorado Springs now that I think of it hmm
And Pittsburgh. :brows: