Quantcast

♧€ Saturday €♧

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Owner of found dog found. They were visiting family from out of state. People on local FB site where Wifey posted that a lost dog was found were being assholes, making snarky comments about 'poor dog will never be the same' and 'what type of person takes a dog to the shelter?'. Wifey was crying because of how mean some of the comments were - she's never dealt with people online like this before. Thankfully a bunch of people did pop in and comment about how they 'saw our young daughter going door to door to find the owner while towing a full wagon', how 'some people can't keep an animal at home for [list of reasons]', and pointing out that not everybody is a member of this local group so they would go to the shelter to find a missing dog. It looks like the meanest of the people have been temporarily banned from the group, which is rightful.

Found out that the insurance adjustor hasn't been able to get ahold of the shop, which means I'm getting at a whole lot more risk of eating the entire kart on my own if they can't get their shit together. Don't really need this stress on top of my work, CFP, and concerns about my Dad going off the deepend right now. I had another small aura last night when I was at dinner with Wifey - which are small seizures caused by stress. Not a fun way to celebrate our anniversary.

To study now. Will plan to go to K1 in the morning with Haley tomorrow.
Take them to small claims court if they don't step up. There's no reason you should be out any more than your deductible or the difference between the new kart and the valuation of the wrecked one, whichever is greater.

I mean, that is the point of insurance isn't it?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Take them to small claims court if they don't step up. There's no reason you should be out any more than your deductible or the difference between the new kart and the valuation of the wrecked one, whichever is greater.

I mean, that is the point of insurance isn't it?
I'm very aware of that. It's getting the valuation of the wrecked one that I'm having issues with. There is one shop in Denver-metro that can do this estimate and it's the one not getting back to the adjuster.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have Done my Own Research(tm) and can report to you all that a steak cooked to an equivalent central temp in my air fryer is inferior to that cooked in my convection oven on the Le Creuset

TMYK

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
had a f.cking amazeballs saturday yall. woke up, got to sand my toobz, what a chore that was. tried to hand files but holy shit that wasn't working, so I busted out the dremel and was done in 5 minutes. One toob is prettier than the other, but hey whatcha gonna do, it works.

Watched my kid play soccer, she did well, then I went and did 30 miles on the roadie, then I got some sichuan chinese, then we did smores on the new patio, now I'm just kicking it old school. Need a little effort to get the TT bike done, and then it should be rideable. How are you?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
meeting set for wednesday evening at local brewery for the Charlotte chapter of the Old Man Mountain Biking Adventure Club (tm) to plan its summer excursion. thinking santa cruz to downieville to tahoe.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Sometimes I take the Bus to Wegmans (Grocery Store) because I can $1. I think that my continued use of Public Transportation helps with ridership. The ride home $1 is usually empty. Instead of putting my bike in the front rack. I carry it on the bus. Nobody seems to mind. The late driver Jacky hates getting out of the bus to put the bikes on the rack. It usually takes me a few trips on and off the bus to get my groceries off. Both drivers are cool. Park Avenue Rochester NY

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've discovered today's threshold for studying after a 7hrs spread over 9hrs - calculating the risk of a portfolio based on a word problem with about 25 different numbers wound through it. Calculate standard deviations, means, coefficient of correlation, then build the best portfolio for the scenario given the person's criteria. Can't fucking do it. Going to sleep and get to start up bright and early.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I've discovered today's threshold for studying after a 7hrs spread over 9hrs - calculating the risk of a portfolio based on a word problem with about 25 different numbers wound through it. Calculate standard deviations, means, coefficient of correlation, then build the best portfolio for the scenario given the person's criteria. Can't fucking do it. Going to sleep and get to start up bright and early.
same

as in I also like to pretend standard functions and macros in excel are work

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
same

as in I also like to pretend standard functions and macros in excel are work
They are, in excel. But for testing purposes I need to prove that I can calculate them and build a portfolio accordingly. I rarely ever use this level of minutiae as it is, since all of our analytics platforms do it for us. But the proving for the sake of the test is painful.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
They are, in excel. But for testing purposes I need to prove that I can calculate them and build a portfolio accordingly. I rarely ever use this level of minutiae as it is, since all of our analytics platforms do it for us. But the proving for the sake of the test is painful.
sheeeit, I thought you were just working up some douche's investment portfolio

oh wait ;)

KIDDING

maybe

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
sheeeit, I thought you were just working up some douche's investment portfolio

oh wait ;)

KIDDING

maybe
I figure at least this way, I'm directing people based on good info and logic. Versus how much commission one can make...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
minutiae used in a sentence. Always notable. I like indeed also. Indeed. For good measure.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Grindlewald. I loved it there . stayed at the Natur Freudnlich hause
We're hiking over to Grindelwald today. We are staying in Wengen, which is nice because there are no cars in the town.

And the views are not too shabby.

I figure at least this way, I'm directing people based on good info and logic. Versus how much commission one can make...
So it's fidoucheiary?

:D