Quantcast

♧♧♧Tuesday GMT♧♧♧

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, internet friends. Another Tuesday, another masters swim done. Lots of drills with toys (pull buoy, fins, hand paddles). Those paddles make me go fast but Christ do they tire me out.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Gonna be a chilly ride in. I need it after too much delicious mac n cheese last night.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
New water heater is hot. Novel.

Only have one little weep around the newly installed pressure regulator valve. It, of course, is the closest item to the main, so I have to turn off the water and drain the whole fucking system again. :mad:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Enjoying a coffee for the first time at work in over a week. I think that I have conquered this cold, besides a little residual stuffy nose.

I need to go for a hike or something and soon. Not doing anything active for a week is making me feel just as crappy as having the cold.

Speaking of cold, the weather peoples said over the radio this morning that it is supposed to reach -20 later this week. WTF. :twitch:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
New snow blowah delivered at 7:35AM. Sorry Mass monkeys, no snow for you this year. :busted:
I am WFH because of the delivery (they told me between 6AM and 8PM), boss is busy on a business trip, I think I shall ride bikes this afternoon. :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Here. New fridge shows up today; Wifey is excited.
New water heater is hot. Novel.

Only have one little weep around the newly installed pressure regulator valve. It, of course, is the closest item to the main, so I have to turn off the water and drain the whole fucking system again. :mad:
Domesticmonkey.com. You go tankless, SS?

Ride in has been delayed by Mariko saying she wanted to go back to sleep then going back to sleep. (In other words, she's still sick and isn't going to school today.) I really only need to be in by 1 PM so I guess I'm taking my 11 AM conference call from home.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Totally spaced on calling the jury duty hotline yesterday. Just as I pulled into the parking lot I remembered and frantically called. No jury needed, thank FSM. Should be a meh day. Wife is sick, cat's on the mend it seems.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
what did you do with the old fridge?
It's going to sit in the garage until I can get Xcel to come get it. They pay me $50 for it, so I'm all about it.

Why? Do you want it? It freezes food because it runs cold, but would make a good beer/frozen food fridge.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Domesticmonkey.com. You go tankless, SS?
Fuck no. Spend $3000 on a system that will save me $30 over the next 20 years? I won't be in this house that long. :D

This one, installed, with all the effing around with a new pressure regulator, thermal expansion tank, removal of a shitty old unused softener, and the associated copper-pipe-moving bullshit only cost me $750.

It's going to sit in the garage until I can get Xcel to come get it. They pay me $50 for it, so I'm all about it.
Hmmmm... I should check Xcel - maybe they'll come get my old hot water heater.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Today is ride night because of the cold that @canadmos mentioned being forecast for the real ride night. But there's so much snow I'm opting to ski. It odd how we went from a shitty shoulder season, to fantastic skinny conditions, to fantastic snow conditions in a 4 day span.

coffee is not alleviating my headache. must be a legit headache vs caffeine withdrawl...

heavyd

Monkey
Dec 1, 2016
Not where I wanna be
Well today started better. Neck is stiff as fuck. About to snow for 4 days straight and be below zero for most of it.

Is there such a thing as rollers for a plus bike? haha :bonk:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
60 minutes on treadmill and eliptical, 30 minutes on the exerbikle, cut down from planned 60 because it makes my ass hurt. My only other plan for the day is to mail my SS Elf their novel but useless Xmas gifts. Its minus 6 but at least the suns out. :)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Fuck no. Spend $3000 on a system that will save me $30 over the next 20 years? I won't be in this house that long. :D

This one, installed, with all the effing around with a new pressure regulator, thermal expansion tank, removal of a shitty old unused softener, and the associated copper-pipe-moving bullshit only cost me $750.

Hmmmm... I should check Xcel - maybe they'll come get my old hot water heater.
Did you say copper pipe? :twitch:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Speaking of cold, the weather peoples said over the radio this morning that it is supposed to reach -20 later this week. WTF. :twitch:
You need to clarify degrees Freedum or degrees Celcius for the rest of the world to understand what temp you're posting about :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just overheard at work: "You're one step closer to diabetes than you were yesterday". WTF?

heavyd

Monkey
Dec 1, 2016
Not where I wanna be
There was this huge fat dude that used to play XBox Live games with a bunch of guys I used to race RC cars with (I have a long list of useless hobbies). I mean huge like 450lbs @ 5'9", and he was proud of it, didn't care.

Anyway, one night he was being super trolly in chat and one of the guys playing with us said "You sound like diabetes".

I laughed.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The adventure continues: while at the Post Office I saw a dog with glasses... I asked the owner if they were prescription or for glare; owner said dog had perfect vision and could read his ABC forward and backwards so I'm assuming they were for glare or who knows? Must google. To help me overcome the trauma of visiting the Post Office twice in one week I stopped by the overpriced winter goods store and bought me a Smartwool skull cap with ear flaps. Toasty. :)

EDIT: Doggles are a real thing.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just got back from hiking on Teton Pass.
Absurd conditions, it's like march snowpack, with 20" of blower on top.
Chest deep at spots.
We are supposed to get 30" more this week.
Avie conditions are getting quite spicy, be safe, powderhounds!

Last edited: