Quantcast

♧turdsday gfmt♧

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hot chocolate and croisaants and pissing rain....

mood level...better.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
It was supposed to be a mix deal with snow/rain/snow. This morning's forecast is now calling 30 inches of snow for the next 3 days. :twitch:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Screenshot_20221222-054404.png

Parents get here at noon. Hannah's school is closed because of the cold - concern about the teachers and travelling in the cold.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY. I ran 5 easy miles before sunrise. I was going to take tomorrow off from work but I have been summoned to "storm duty" with heavy rain and wind rolling through. Basically I have to go stand by downed power lines and warn people not to drive over them, because people are fucking stupid and need to be told this.

HEY. I ran 5 easy miles before sunrise. I was going to take tomorrow off from work but I have been summoned to "storm duty" with heavy rain and wind rolling through. Basically I have to go stand by downed power lines and warn people not to drive over them, because people are fucking stupid and need to be told this.
How did you manage to get involved in that?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Will head into work later for bowling and food to celebrate the holidays with the team. Which is okay with me.

Otherwise, time to switch over into Christmas mode and give my mind a break.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Screenshot_20221222-053051.png

Not a fan. I feel a little better after seeing Montana, but still. Glad I got my new tires yesterday, that's a little less sketchy.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
How did you manage to get involved in that?
Every employee has an emergency storm assignment, which takes priority over your regular job if you are summoned. This is the first time in the 2.5 years I've been working here that I've been called to duty. I knew when I took the job that this was part of the deal. They only call upon us office folk when major outages and carnage are predicted, in which case it is "all hands on deck."

I am actually lucky that my emergency job is easy. I've got two employees who are stuck organizing housing and food for all of the out of town line crews. That is a major pain in the ass.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I, too, will be bowling later. But not for work, we’re celebrating some holiday season birthdays. It’ll be all ugly sweaters, hot dogs, and Pabst Blue Ribbon for me and Teh Spousal Unit™ this evening.

But first, we’ll try for a few laps at the local ski hill. These new boots ain’t gonna break theyselves in.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
weathermonkey report: awoke to upper 20s. going into the 50's today. will start dropping to artic temps midday tomorrow. sadly the precipitation appears as if it will conclude prior to being cold enough to snow. kill list.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
it cold

:::anger is intensifying:::
Shoddy work by my direct report is starting to reflect on me and I'm getting pissed. I am at a loss at the moment as I've been clear what he's been doing and it should be clear what side I'm on at this point. Maybe it's just holiday stress?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
it cold

Shoddy work by my direct report is starting to reflect on me and I'm getting pissed. I am at a loss at the moment as I've been clear what he's been doing and it should be clear what side I'm on at this point. Maybe it's just holiday stress?
the PIP isn't PIPping?

kiddos feeling any better?

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
it cold

You haven’t fired that dude yet?

Do it tomorrow, wearing a Santa hat.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I, too, will be bowling later. But not for work, we’re celebrating some holiday season birthdays. It’ll be all ugly sweaters, hot dogs, and Pabst Blue Ribbon for me and Teh Spousal Unit™ this evening.

But first, we’ll try for a few laps at the local ski hill. These new boots ain’t gonna break theyselves in.
what boots did ya get? :hmm:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My mom just texted that she's never been below 10* before (also here). Today is gonna be funny.

Also, Layla is refusing to go outside. She went out at 12, very unhappily, I might add. Just stuck her nose out, looked at me, and turned around.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My mom just texted that she's never been below 10* before (also here). Today is gonna be funny.

Also, Layla is refusing to go outside. She went out at 12, very unhappily, I might add. Just stuck her nose out, looked at me, and turned around.
people around here complain about the cold when its 35°F. :laughs in Rochester:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Our DSO was not impressed, speed pooped as it was burning her feet I think.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Our DSO was not impressed, speed pooped as it was burning her feet I think.
our cats, on the other hand, are attracted to the cold. we need to get them leash trained.