Quantcast

♨☢♨ Sunday GMT ♨☢♨

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Breakfast, Yard work, then I hope to get out into the woods, but we got a shit ton of rain yesterday and our trails can be fairly sensitive to rain, especially with all the leaves holding the moisture in on the trails.....maybe clean the garage.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
rain. kids have school trip to hornets bball game right in the middle of the day, making it difficult to do much else. sunday wingdings make me want pizza.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We shifted the ok to wake/green light time on Mariko's clock by half an hour on Friday night, and then another half hour last night. Both kids ended up sleeping until 6:15 AM standard time, and Mariko didn't start her "mommy daddy mommy daddy" call for us until the green light turned on at 6:30 AM.

I call that a win, especially as it was followed by perfectly cooked bacon and some oddly yolk-heavy free range eggs scrambled in some of said bacon's grease.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
cereal for breakfast. no eggs, no bacon. :disgust:
Coffee & Lions game, then a ride someplace later. I may take a drive and get a 4-pack of passes for Aspen for this season, on the cheap.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Got the one straight girl at the lesbian wedding back to my hotel room...

She started flirting early and made it clear she was interested. Then she got white girl wasted as the night went on and started getting difficult to deal with. It took us over an hour to leave the after party, after she kept suggesting we leave, and at one point I got so tired of waiting for her to get it together that I just left. I was in my hotel room dropping a two at 3 am, after the fall back, when I got a text about my room number from a friend of hers. Next thing I know, I hear knocking. She was so frightfully wasted that I had to shut down her drunken advances. It was just ugly.

My crystal ball was 100% accurate about how this was all going to and did happen. I really just let her in because it made room for a sleeping arrangement adjustment to accommodate a friend who consumed too much and didn't have a bed. Sure, part of me was flattered and hopeful it wouldn't be a train wreck. However, this ain't my first drunk girl rodeo.

It's now 4 hours later. My sleep is ruined. She's still here.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Eating some breakfast, drinking some coffee and looking at grey clouds.

The trails today sure will be fun. Bring it on!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Candy. Had a family from school over for trick or treating. They just moved here and don't really know anybody else. They brought the best drink ever: warm apple cider with salted caramel Stoli. After trick or treating, we sent the kids upstairs to play and were able to get a few hours of grown-up time. I think we have new bff's.

One thing I've noticed about the 'burbs here, is that there are a lot of couples with the trophy wife or who have never lived in a real city (NYC, Chicago, SF, etc). Interactions with people who have lived IN a real city is very different than those who have not. The bible thumping basically doesn't exist and the people tend to have a very different personality. It's something that we just haven't experienced in a while, I guess.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Candy. Had a family from school over for trick or treating. They just moved here and don't really know anybody else. They brought the best drink ever: warm apple cider with salted caramel Stoli. After trick or treating, we sent the kids upstairs to play and were able to get a few hours of grown-up time. I think we have new bff's.

One thing I've noticed about the 'burbs here, is that there are a lot of couples with the trophy wife or who have never lived in a real city (NYC, Chicago, SF, etc). Interactions with people who have lived IN a real city is very different than those who have not. The bible thumping basically doesn't exist and the people tend to have a very different personality. It's something that we just haven't experienced in a while, I guess.
Is he a car nut too? Did he see the ///M factor in your eyes? :D

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

She started flirting early and made it clear she was interested. Then she got white girl wasted as the night went on and started getting difficult to deal with. It took us over an hour to leave the after party, after she kept suggesting we leave, and at one point I got so tired of waiting for her to get it together that I just left. I was in my hotel room dropping a two at 3 am, after the fall back, when I got a text about my room number from a friend of hers. Next thing I know, I hear knocking. She was so frightfully wasted that I had to shut down her drunken advances. It was just ugly.

My crystal ball was 100% accurate about how this was all going to and did happen. I really just let her in because it made room for a sleeping arrangement adjustment to accommodate a friend who consumed too much and didn't have a bed. Sure, part of me was flattered and hopeful it wouldn't be a train wreck. However, this ain't my first drunk girl rodeo.

Not sure if :thumb: or :thumbsdown:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Leaftastic ride made more interesting by overnight rain.
New bars and stem on the roadie in preparation for the 5:30am computrainer based sufferfest course I just signed up thru january.
Leftover chicken parm, dale's, bong shed, football and dog walk on agenda.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Is he a car nut too? Did he see the ///M factor in your eyes? :D
Not 100% sure. We were talking about cars and he went on a rant about how much of a bitch his Civic Hybrid is and how he misses having a real car. Wifey was talking about how you need a turbo to drive at altitude, not the car I got. She brought up the M, to which the consensus was that the M wins. Functional or not, power makes everything better. I also got the statement (unsolicited) that this generation M5 is the best car ever. Wifey was not happy about that. It was hilarious.

They have a Honda Odessy (sp?) and made the hard pitch that it was a way more useful car than the SUV they sold to get it. Wifey also about tore her hair out with that conversation because I have been telling her to get a minivan when she's ready to replace the Forester, assuming round 2

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
They have a Honda Odessy (sp?) and made the hard pitch that it was a way more useful car than the SUV they sold to get it. Wifey also about tore her hair out with that conversation because I have been telling her to get a minivan when she's ready to replace the Forester, assuming round 2

They...and you...are right. People are weird about minivans. But the bottom line is that with little kids they are really ridiculously functional.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Minivans are more useful for the true use case of parents. They're also quite big. Jessica feels more comfortable driving her 180" RAV4 EV than a 203" Odyssey, not to mention our desire for a BEV or PHEV.

The only "in between-ers" are the ancient Mazda5 and the SWB Ford Transit Connect. The Mazda5 is tainted by MMike ownership, iirc, plus has no backup camera or navi option (!). The Transit Connect is 5 passenger in the SWB, iirc, and has ergonomics like a space-going shuttlecraft rather than a car, imo.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Man, what a great ride today. From the first pedal out, I just felt great.

Got the three R's of biking again; rocks, roots and rain. Though, the rain ended as soon as I got out of my car at the trail head. Sweeeeeeeeet.

I also must say, its amazing how much more friendly hikers, dog walkers, fellow bikers etc etc are outside of the city. Not once did I get the pug-eye, get pushed off into the rhubarb or feel like jackass on my bike.

Good times and it looks like the temperature is supposed to literally double later this week. YAY.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

So.......where'd she puke upon waking up? The bed? Sink?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Almost done with my projects. have about 4' of brick trim left to knock out next to the driveway and replace with cement gravity blocks and a few more things to clean up in the camper so that the wife and her GF can take it on the road this Friday (my mess from last week).

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The only "in between-ers" are the ancient Mazda5 and the SWB Ford Transit Connect. The Mazda5 is tainted by MMike ownership, iirc, plus has no backup camera or navi option (!). The Transit Connect is 5 passenger in the SWB, iirc, and has ergonomics like a space-going shuttlecraft rather than a car, imo.
Navi option any sane person will use Waze which beats everything out there even more so with the new IOS update which is even better.

Legs are beat after 3.5 hours of riding. Now that the leaves are down we got some good wildlife spotting. First up was a Bobcat which crossed the trail at speed, then a young black bear which stopped to look at us at a distance and then a little red spotted newt.