Quantcast

⚆⚆ Wimpyday GMT ⚈⚈

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
headlight did in fact arrive yesterday. Initial impressions are good; build quality, brightness. now to get time to actually try it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Feel a bit lighter on my feet today. Shed most of my gunt and can now fit back into my sexy pants. Hows my butt look? :weee:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ahhh life can begin again as the guest finally left. There are good guests and there are bad. These skewed towards the bad. I hope I can finally get back on the bike again.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
found out yesterday Spesh is ok replacing my broken Globe Daily 1 with a HotRock 20 for my son under warranty. This is a win, because I was then able to order a Kona Humuhumu for myself as my daily commuter. I've always liked the look of them, so I'm pretty stoked on this to be honest...

the boy's new bike:

(he'll get it on Friday, which also happens to be his birthday... timing couldn't be better!)

My new bike:

It will shortly be adorned with fenders, a basket, and a rack for a kids bike seat. A true urban bike.

It's a happy day when a household sees two new bikes cross it's threshold....

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Roofers are here making a terrible racket and driving the dogs batshit. As per usual, day before we want to go somewhere flights looked totally fucked and wife is shitting bricks, so only the FSM knows where we might wind up, or if we go anywhere at all. "Flight Benefits", my ass.

Edit: any body ever been to Puerto Rico?

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:wave:

Roofers are here making a terrible racket and driving the dogs batshit. As per usual, day before we want to go somewhere flights looked totally fucked and wife is shitting bricks, so only the FSM knows where we might wind up, or if we go anywhere at all. "Flight Benefits", my ass.
just fly into a volcano

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Going up to Summit this Fri-Sun for a season cap. It will be nice to get a few days in and hang out with the guys. Since we're all old and married with kids now, the trip weekends don't seem to happen as often.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
WTF is with the extra top tube? :confused:
apparently its a throwback to the old days of Schwinn Excelsiors... I don't really care too much about it. I've ridden one of them before and they're fun. zippy but comfortable is how I'd describe them. I'll even be able to throw some knobbies on there and take to the dirt with the boys eventually (when my carbon-fibre, full suspension, all mountain bike is a bit of overkill).
Less flexy (cantilever)?
Ironically, it might help in this respect. My old frame craked at the top tube, I think due to mashing on the pedals too hard with the kid in the bike seat. I could feel the whole frame flex when I did that.

Hipster Beach Cruiser?
These have been around since before hipsters... sooo.... what does that make them? Can dads be hipsters? Does it count if I wear a flannel shirt, but have a kid seat on the back?! :confused:

extra urban huxzorz reinforcement.
might help with this too, as I like to ride down the 5-6 steps where the bike racks are located at my office. Going all the way around to the wheelchair ramps is too long. :D

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
headlight did in fact arrive yesterday. Initial impressions are good; build quality, brightness. now to get time to actually try it.
You got the Ituo one like me?

WTF is with the extra top tube? :confused:

I had a 7 AM lecture to give so drove my bleary-eyed ass in to work. Went well: on financial topics, and the audience of residents and fellows were understandably interested.

If anyone's particularly interested themselves here are my slides: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2WDoaJQHlYIX25pRG5XTDFvV0U

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Humping! In software training all morning. Once again, geared towards the lowest level and I'm bored.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Run last night, lift this morning. Layla kept up well for a 40min run and actually pushed the pace a lot of the way. She then proceeded to sleep all night and just looked at me when I got up for the gym then went back to sleep.

Haley has been a PITA lately and it turns out that a new girl in class screams until she gets her way and hits people, which she has been imitating. We had a solid conversation last night dealing with consequences of acting like that: lost $1 of her allowance ($3 total, so a lot) and bed time has permanently been push up 30min.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
mr. rollins was funny last night....although i think he needs to slow down on the delivery.

not surprised he isn't for either team.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
Haley has been a PITA lately and it turns out that a new girl in class screams until she gets her way and hits people, which she has been imitating. We had a solid conversation last night dealing with consequences of acting like that: lost $1 of her allowance ($3 total, so a lot) and bed time has permanently been push up 30min.
Don't worry... that'll get worse. And being she's a girl... probably much worse. :D