Quantcast

⚝⚝⚝F-it Friday GMT⚝⚝⚝

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
evidently it took my nephew about 15 minutes to learn how to ride his bike....after 3 years of collecting dust.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I know that the Lizard people disseminate all the fake conspiracy theories about the Lizard people so the true conspiracies (like yours) are dismissed with them, preventing us to see the true nature of the Lizard people. :tinfoil:
True, but now they know that you know what they know.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning, wife made it Phoenix just fine, CVS lost our photo order, you know the photos that were for grandma's funeral. Got new arrows today that are actually matched to the bow, and gonna take a nap

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i'll call it a successful trip to ny-good coversations with some foundations, saw some colleagues, did a cool studio visit, looked at some potential paintings to buy, and ended it with getting a painting donated to the museum.

plus, got to hang w/ @CBJ and have some beers and talk bikes.

cold felt good...glad to get out before single digits hit though.

I will fear no evil led me to conclude that he had gone insane by the end.
It would be interesting to read all his stuff from the earliest to the latest or until nausea set in, but I'm not going to attempt it. I think I started reading science fiction in, say, 1957, quit about the time I got out of the Army in 1969, and recently have read Gibson and Neal Stephenson with enjoyment.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So by not knowing anything. I am OK?
They may have a assumed that you knew something. Now that they know that you know nothing, they can take advantage of that. But you now know that they know that you know nothing, which means you indeed know something. If you can keep that to yourself you have the upper hand.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
They may have a assumed that you knew something. Now that they know that you know nothing, they can take advantage of that. But you now know that they know that you know nothing, which means you indeed know something. If you can keep that to yourself you have the upper hand.
I can't and you know that.... Whatever dude...

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
0°F out there this morning. brrr.

fucking fire alarm went off last night at 3:30 am. We have 20ft cathedral ceilings on the second floor, so that meant going downstairs to the basement to grab the 12' step-ladder. friggin hell. this alarm is right above our kids bedrooms and wired in. somehow the kids didn't wake up, but it took me till 5:30 to get back to sleep.

Anyone know anything about fire alarms? can their sensors get dirty? It went off yesterday at 5pm when no one was home (and there was no fire). so I unplugged it, then plugged it back in, brought the ladder back downstairs, and then it went off again, so up I went again with the ladder, unplugged it, replugged it and it stayed silent. till 3:30 am this morning! The thing is, during my renos, the electrician (who I wasn't very impressed by) installed another wired in alarm in the basement. It seems to somehow be connected to the one upstairs, caus' when they're both plugged in, they will go off together. the downstairs alarm is brand new, the upstairs one has been there since we've owned the house, which is 6 years. I don't know how old it is. It's only misfired once before.

I think there's a few possibilities, but I know next to nothing about fire alarms, or electric wiring in houses.
1) the electrician did a shitty job and there's a poor circuit or loose wires in there
2) the old alarm is dirty, possibly as a result of the renos (mudding and painting)
3) ?

Should I just get a new alarm and plug it into the existing wiring upstairs? Should I dispense with wired alarms, and get battery operated ones that are within arms reach and then just replace the batteries once a year?

Maybe I should post this in the buying our first house thread?!?!
Replace them with new heat/photoelectric detectors

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Misaligned rim stickers and tire stickers? :disgust1:

Just kidding, looking great!
I always place my valve stem in the middle of the Maxxis logo that way it's easier to find.

Thanks, it's a vast improvement over my worn out V1. The weird thing is it's a completely new bike, but fits nearly identical to the old Spitty.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I initially liked Heinlein, but on reading his stuff for the nth time, I came to the conclusion that he was a narcissistic twit.
I will fear no evil led me to conclude that he had gone insane by the end.
It was Stranger in a Strange Land that did me in for Heinlein. I cannot for the life of me figure out why that is supposedly his most famous work. I haven't read them all, but it was by far the worst of the ones I did read.