Quantcast

⚡⚡ Thursday GMT ⚡⚡

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Up early for no good reason. Can't even pedal for a breakfast burrito until after 6am. :mad:

Gave blood yesterday, cranked out a bunch of work then caught an afternoon shuttle for a quick descent, less than 100% but yea, nice. Watched the Avs game (woot!) and crashed.

I need to go get a new saw blade to trim down a new death-plastic bar. While the 800mm width is >.< this close, I think 780 will be the cat's pjs.

GO!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Taking the boys out to a nice steak house to celebrate end of the school year. They have both done well both working on weak sides and getting better at their strong sides. It's always motivating to see hard work paying off.

I had PT this morning and it's still a painful affair but its what is required to get the shoulder back to strength and flexibility.

Hopefully back on a real bike tomorrow.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Cleaned up in the EOFY sales, two pairs of Aussie made work boots for $255, I looked at American made Keen boots but they have mixed reviews.
Work day was easy after having to get five sets of hydraulic seals and bushings measured up and trying to remember what they could and couldn't get. Our local store is fantastic, they are getting some custom wear bands turned up in one of their branches and they overnight everything from different sores around the country directly to me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Here. Waiting for my colleague to arrive, who just messaged and said he's stuck in traffic. I was smarter and took the train.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Waking up. COVID symptoms are largely receding but COVID-brain fog lingers. Didn't sleep well which probably contributed. Trying to WFH 100% today but will probably split recovery and work quite a bit. Hope to get a little bit of time on the bike as well, in order to try and clear out lungs and head.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Weighing options over coffee this morning. Owner of the design/build firm called me yesterday to formally offer me the position, so I'm running numbers to see what's what on the financial side. It's more pay, but I have to cover insurance premiums for my family, which makes the pay increase a wash. Much bigger, more consistent bonuses over there, though. And I've hated my job for far too long, so that should make the decision easy. If I can negotiate a higher starting salary, this will be a no-brainer.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Weighing options over coffee this morning. Owner of the design/build firm called me yesterday to formally offer me the position, so I'm running numbers to see what's what on the financial side. It's more pay, but I have to cover insurance premiums for my family, which makes the pay increase a wash. Much bigger, more consistent bonuses over there, though. And I've hated my job for far too long, so that should make the decision easy. If I can negotiate a higher starting salary, this will be a no-brainer.
What do you do / build?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
use the insurance as a negotiating point.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
What do you do / build?
I work for a consulting Architecture/Engineering firm, doing mostly commercial and industrial buildings. The other position is similar, only I'd work for the contractor, instead of against the contractor...

use the insurance as a negotiating point.
Yep, that's the plan. If I can get him to bump up the salary to cover those out-of-pocket costs, I think we have a winner.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Given the bruising which has slowly appeared since my crash during the Sunday road rage incident I'm not sure how I didn't break both wrists. My left wrist and the meat of my hand are turning black and my right wrist is getting their too.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Last night was productive, haven’t done any real woodworking in like 2 years, didn’t even lose a finger, waiting on glue to dry and then I can size the top and start cutting pins. New nightstands should be done roughly 2027
E3963AF5-85FC-49D1-9555-D6890A30E036.jpeg

Work today is highly unproductive