Quantcast

⛄☔☣☢ Durst Tag GMT ☢☣☔⛄

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
We got over 3" of rain yesterday, slight break today more heavy rain coming tonight. the trails will not be rideable for a long time. on the plus side the snowpack is great and it should make for some great fishing on the streams this summer.

Must have had a good workout yesterday as my whole body feels worked...win

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
This winter is sucking ass so far in western NY. Forecast is calling for 30-40s for the next week or so. The local ski mountains are starting to hurt pretty bad for snow coverage at the moment. Plus, ground is too wet/muddy to attempt any bike trails. Ugh...

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Got 2" of snow yesterday. That should hopefully cover up most of the ice in the woods to make riding less sketchy. I am planning on finding out later on tonight.

I sold an extra woodstove I had in my basement. Tried moving it with a dolly last night up my stairs. Not gonna happen without some more muscles than I have. Thankfully my friends will help for beers.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Why people store heavy shit in basements when they have perfectly good yards is a mystery to me and why I'm not good for neighborhood property values...

I bought swim goggles yesterday.

Excitement.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Got 2" of snow yesterday. That should hopefully cover up most of the ice in the woods to make riding less sketchy. I am planning on finding out later on tonight.
:stupid:
Mid-winter blahs must be hitting pretty hard these days judging by the number of uncivilized/honking behaviours during my walk to daycare/work this morning. relax people, you'll still get to work, even if you have to wait 3 seconds because someone is trying to squeeze in when they shouldn't.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Why people store heavy shit in basements when they have perfectly good yards is a mystery to me and why I'm not good for neighborhood property values...
When I bought my current house, the former owner was using two wood stoves on the same chimney flue. One in the basement and one on the main floor. It is debatable if using 2 wood stoves on flue is safe or not. Any home owners insurance company will not pay out on a claim if you are using 2 on the same flue, so we have never used the stove. Now after 3 years of sitting there, it is find a new home to heat. Actually, it is going in to a Maple Sugar shack to be used to make syrup.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
same ol, same ol...
:stupid:

Well, sort of. Stomach woke me up at 4am to poop. Pooped again pre-shower at 8am. Stomach is now demanding that I poop again.

:popcorn:

Its also raining here. I'd be okay if this keeps up and we skip the entire February/winter thing and roll right into spring.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
When I bought my current house, the former owner was using two wood stoves on the same chimney flue. One in the basement and one on the main floor. It is debatable if using 2 wood stoves on flue is safe or not. Any home owners insurance company will not pay out on a claim if you are using 2 on the same flue, so we have never used the stove. Now after 3 years of sitting there, it is find a new home to heat. Actually, it is going in to a Maple Sugar shack to be used to make syrup.
somewhat thankfully our home was converted from oil to heatpump (which sucks) furnace when it was flipped before we bought it. that leaves us a currently unused chimney that runs down to our basement. (other chimney is for the fireplace, which we installed an insert and liner). when we finish the basement plan is to line the old furnace chimney and install a woodstove down there.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So far today I have washed both cars, dropped off library books, procured and eaten some delicious baby-Jeebus-fearing Chick-fil-A, unladen Amazon returns at UPS, and then finally rolled into my office. I don't have any writing I want to do today so the rest of this research day will be similarly productive/unproductive, I predict.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Another long day ahead. Meh.

Excellent wing dings, must spread rep.

Comped day off from working the weekend. Running errands, attempted to go to a store to buy clothes. Aborted the mission, will continue to curate a homeless fashion vibe.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Disappointing news on the promotion I put in for, its not going to happen.

On the positive side summer riding plans will not have to change. I' ve also managed to burn myself out at the gym. No exercise for me until Saturday or maybe even Sunday. My average RHR is up to 62 for the last 7 days and my ass is tired. Beer and a nap are in my future.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I watered the plants while my friend is out of town. I planned to take a nap while I was there. But Her sister and her friend where there. Both are smoking hot. Her sister is a bit chunky but very cute and funny, The friend... Oh my. After a few beers I was able to get them to bring the creeper old man guard down. I made them pancakes. They supplied the bong shed wares. It seems I forgot to water the plants.....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I watered the plants while my friend is out of town. I planned to take a nap while I was there. But Her sister and her friend where there. Both are smoking hot. Her sister is a bit chunky but very cute and funny, The friend... Oh my. After a few beers I was able to get them to bring the creeper old man guard down. I made them pancakes. They supplied the bong shed wares. It seems I forgot to water the plants.....
"Dear Penthouse"?

:think: