Quantcast

⛷⛷ Sundau Funday Ski Day Weeeee Day ⛷⛷

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good morning slackers. Wasn't gonna do much today but I woke up at 4:30am and have friends that are skiing in Rocky Mountain National Park so if figured WTHN?

Be safe out there, suckers.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

The "meh" is strong with me today. Was contemplating riding in again since I didn't get killed by any of the ricers leaving the drag races at the airfield yesterday, but today predicted high is also 95 degrees. :dead: WTF colorado?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! My first half ironman yesterday was a rousing success. It took me 5:17:54. Finished 131 out of 629, which is top 20% and I am thrilled with that. It was 82 degrees and sunny.

Swim: 45:18 (rank 496...ouch)
Bike: 2:44:42 (rank 186...20.3 mph)
Run: 1:41:53 (rank 62...I passed 70 people)

Today I hurt.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I am supposed to leave in two minutes for more biking, but I am still pooping.

Will ride with the dudes and then after grab lunch. Then, head to the hills again for more biking. Been wanting to check out the new secret trail all week.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Congrats @I Are Baboon it appears that running is your strongest point so more bike.

I just woke up from a glorious, uninterrupted 9.5 hours of sleep after a most awesome ride yesterday. I am planning on resting the legs today and tomorrow. I am only working Monday and Friday this week and planning on some epic quad building Tues, Wed & Thurs. Today I must do house type things.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Same here! Only I'm going to Whistler to use my Fathers Day Day pass.

I'm told the conditions are going to be good.

I've not ridden my DH bike yet this year. That damned thing weighs a ton. Looking forward to getting reacquainted.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm sitting in my car in Golden. Early slow spin on Dakota Ridge with Stoney this morning. Bike is due back at the shop at 10.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Great morning ride before the heat set in.
Fox transfer dropper is awesome, and I've tried nearly everything.
Bong shed, shower, beer in place of brunch at in-laws which I'm currently an hour late for.

Taking the wife to see Fitz and the tantrums tonight. Not my thing but I can watch her shake her ass for a few hours so there's that.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

Will ride with the dudes and then after grab lunch. Then, head to the hills again for more biking. Been wanting to check out the new secret trail all week.
As soon as I finish this duece, it's breakfast with me dad, then a drive up north to discover an asphalt pump track. I hear it's a great time...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The rope climb treadmill thing at the gym has been helping the gimp arm get better. I'm amazed at how much extra time I have in the day, now that lefty can help with chores.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Dudes, it is ROASTING hot outside. ROASTING I tell ya.

Did 29km of trails today, 19 of them solo in the big hills. Hiked and then rode the new secret trail.......meh. It starts out pretty awesome, with swooping turns, berms, roots and at one point the trail even splits off into two parallel trails. Then the last 3rd of the trail is nothing but enderpo balls tight switch backs down the hill. Someone spent some serious man hours on the upper half, its kind of puzzling why it ended in such a lame way. :confused:

This is the spot where the trail splits. The trail to the right even has an option further down, to jump back onto the left one. Pretty rad.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It is roasting in Canada and Denver alike, apparently. 98 degrees with 13% humidity at the moment. Kids are playing in a tiny inflatable pool in the back yard, supervised by the wife. I'm chilling on the zero gravity seat on the patio in the shade and am still hot. Lawn mowing soon once the kids vacate and empty the pool.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Let me see. Since Wednesday:

Put up a lot of crowd control fence and five flagpoles. Rode a lot. Drank a lot of beer. Visited the bongshed a few times or more. Danced my tired old ass off Friday night. Saw a lot of old friends. Made a few new friends. Got real sunburned. Made it home in one piece.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Good day so far. Woke up hungover as hell, rode a quick loop (40 minutes) finished with a swim in the lake, had breakfast, packed up and drove home. Had a nap, had sushi. Kids are behaving. Beer. Possibly best father's day since I became a dad.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Challenge ride complete but not without a crash... I softened up the Sid way more than I should have and became over confident. Two scrapes and an eye full of dirt so I'll live. The bike is OK too. Hard tails are so much easier to pedal up hills. Now alcohol swabs for the scrapes and a scotch for me.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife and I had a snowball fight to cool off, not bad for June 19th when it was mid-90's down at home.

We did have to ride 30 miles from GGCSP up to the top of Rollins Pass to have it though. Snow stopped us ~3miles/700ft from the summit.
57miles, 5400ft of vert.
5 million quads/motos/polaris'/jeep/4x4's attempting to get up there.
Then fun riding the chunky road back down with both bikes rigid at the moment.
20160619_125845.jpg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Finally kicked myself into procuring raw materials and building almost 10ft long window planter box for my dear wife. Now drinking seventh or eleventh Prima Pils. I could drink gallons of that isht.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
*Forgot to mention the post ride growler from Holidaily and another from Cannonball before burgers from Atomic #not2bad