Quantcast

✈✈✈ The missing holiday GMT ✈✈✈

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
VTL Tube amps overheat often. Never use one in a Rack Mount System. Yamaha Amps do everything the VTL does for half the costs. Calibrating tubes sucks....
I currently play on Yamaha Thr100HD, awesome dual head with great simulation. Half a dozen tube types in a solid state execution.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I currently play on Yamaha Thr100HD, awesome dual head with great simulation. Half a dozen tube types in a solid state execution.
fwiw, I got to play with one of those fancy pants Fractal modelers ... holy balls it created some of the best tones I've ever heard. Incredibly organic sounding, quality of effects was amazing. If I was buying a new setup I'd opt for that and a low wattage power amp.

disclaimer: I'm an amp tweaker and don't mind setting up patches for too many hours. The plug and play folks would likely hate all the options.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey is travelling this week, so just me, Haley, and the dog. Haley was a little shit yesterday that summarized with me telling her that if she didn't stop hitting, biting, throwing things, etc that I was done taking away one thing here or there and would be taking away everything. The look on her face when that reality settled in was honestly hard not to laugh at.

I get to lay tile in the basement all week while she is out of town. I just need to figure out the layout that I want to work with, as the space is weird with a door frame offset from the steps, and a couple smaller (18"+) nooks that will involve excess cutting. Just trying to figure out if I want to start with the tiles centered at the bathroom door or stairs. I'll probably put up a visual for the house guys (@dan-o ) to tell me how best to do it.

Got a new nut-saver demo saddle on the tri bike, so I'm going to try and get in 30-ish miles tonight on the trainer. I'm just under 2 months out from the race and still struggling to maintain a 10min mile for anything >6 miles running (aiming for 9min over 13) or 15.5 mph over the distance on bike (aiming for 17). I am just off pace on the swim though and that should drop to a few minutes because of the wetsuit and altitude advantage.

We saw a bunch more houses over the weekend, the few that Wifey likes are ridonkulous. But they are pretty damn nice. They are also "until Haley's done with school" type houses. Funny how when you start getting into more expensive neighborhoods, the schools get notably better...

Otherwise, here at work. It's completely dead, so I've spent the morning working on misc sorting, filing, cleaning up, Mint, etc. Meh.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have been Integrating with Yamaha Amps for 25 years. I like the the TXn series amps. I use them for both Studio and when I get a home system, I use them for that too. I like their software for Network stuff and I can turn of the DSP stuff if I want to use my own effects. Run cool. Run true and reliably for years....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Got a prelim interview done on the phone this afternoon with a Seattle group. Shit's getting real.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Even if I go I need to give 6 month notice. Not going anytime soon. :D

This reminds me: you free Jan 24-27, @stoney? I'll be skiing at Winter Park those days, with family but free to roam around the mountain in afternoon.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Somebody with deep pockets told you that. And you sadly believed them. I am going to blame Syadasti....
Not really, but there is a lot to be said about audio amplification through well designed and built tube amps. I am still looking for a "vintage" tube amp to run my home stereo system.

The last legit car audio system I built for myself was designed around a new amp (Planet Audio HVT7100)
and sub (Polk Audio with the new Casket Basket design) that had just come out then. The amps had a little window over the tubes.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
slacked off enough, ate enough bacon, drank enough coffee, then enough beer, while sitting with feet in foot massager, for all you mlk day workin mofos.

got manual-mobile back from shop. idgaf what people say...changing my own gears with 330hp and 330whp is glorious

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Even if I go I need to give 6 month notice. Not going anytime soon. :D

This reminds me: you free Jan 24-27, @stoney? I'll be skiing at Winter Park those days, with family but free to roam around the mountain in afternoon.
Maybe. I need to see what's on the calendar.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Considering investing in a custom Telecaster Neck for my G&L; Wenge or, Brazilian Ebony. Had Maple/Rosewood but never felt just right under my thumb. This w/ a Dunlop Super Overdrive should have enough pop for me - that Dunwich pedal smokes!

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Isn't that a banned / endangered wood ?
Who's making the neck?
Brazilian Rosewood is a wood used from secured forestry rights - likely decades ago. It's Ebony is something new - seems to be popular in furniture and dressed outdoor settings. Wenge is an African Hardwood - denser than ebony. Likely be a Warmoth neck I'd had off to luthiers at my workplace.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I've been super busy. I'm the boss and I say we work on mlk day. Though since most my employees are catholic (which I don't agree with) I give them Good Friday off. Also they are Mexican (which I do agree with) I give them Mexican Independence Day off. I also don't know why I just bought a Yamaha 350 big wheel and 2 atc 200x's. At least the 200x's don't need any work. Also burnt the shit out of my finger with the plasma cutter!! Fuck it hurts, cold beer helps, well the cold can does.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Had the day off, however both daycares closed for day off fail. Managed to talk my mom into watching the minions for a few hours so I could ride. If there's one thing you learn about kids older than about three, they literally talk non stop about nothing all day long.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
laptop hard drive bit the dust replaced it with a 1TB drive but had to install widows 10 (had 8.1) spent a while disabling all the MS tracking crap and now finding and reinstalling all my programs. what a pain in the arse.

At least I got paid to ride my bike today. I had to get a van back from the shop and there was no one to shuttle me so I did a nice 20 mile ride to go retrieve it. win

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Why do people have carpet in bathrooms?
I have two cats, neither one makes furniture, though one does sleep in the tool shed. The other disappears for a week at a time, it was born here and must have another family anyway.