Quantcast

✠✠✠GMT FRIDAY If you don't like me doing it then GET UP EARLIER GMT✠✠✠

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Maybe if it was rear wheel drive. Why go to all that trouble on a FWD car?
Its AWD and sounds like it's full time, not the haldex type stuff that only sends power to the rear if there is slip up front. And the article says it can send 70% power output to the rear...maybe that be can be tweaked?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
<contrarian rejoinder>

:wave:

There is an excellent Filipino restaurant near us and I must say left over Pork Sisig makes excellent breakfast.

I dig it. Would be excellent fun on the roads around me, right up until I came up on a soccer mom doing 5 below in a gargantuan SUV.

I want somebody to build that in an electric format. I've been looking at i3s for that reason- short range, quick, RWD dynamics. I think it would be so much fun. LEAF nismo?
That does seem like an extra fun car.

Nismo Leaf = white whale.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I've had the weirdest day yesterday. First I want to buy tickets for Stormzy (UK Rapper, probably not known to most people in the US despite headlining Glastonbury) and my GF tells me not to and decides to give my my next months Birthday gift early and it's a trip we will take to Berlin for his concert plus some art stuff and food stuff and meeting friends. So i'm incredibely happy. Best gift ever.

Then the day becomes weird and since the story was personal I will only give you a glimpse. Basically an old neighbor of mine, who with my GF treat like family, a recent widow decided to blackmail us into getting a Christian marriage this year by saying "I will die soon (perfect health btw) get married before I die". How do you reason with that?
Not a problem, I might know someone who makes wedding rings...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I've had the weirdest day yesterday. First I want to buy tickets for Stormzy (UK Rapper, probably not known to most people in the US despite headlining Glastonbury) and my GF tells me not to and decides to give my my next months Birthday gift early and it's a trip we will take to Berlin for his concert plus some art stuff and food stuff and meeting friends. So i'm incredibely happy. Best gift ever.

Then the day becomes weird and since the story was personal I will only give you a glimpse. Basically an old neighbor of mine, who with my GF treat like family, a recent widow decided to blackmail us into getting a Christian marriage this year by saying "I will die soon (perfect health btw) get married before I die". How do you reason with that?
^^^ Is this the actual update we are supposed to ignore?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Morning Monkeys.

So the awkward job went to someone else. I'm not sad about it, but I do still need something more substantial than month to month. Or not, maybe this is my life now. Yay.

Get to do some troubleshooting on the car this weekend. It has decided to drain the battery overnight. So I have that to look forward to. Today is feeling like a shed day. You know where to find me if anyone cares.
...oh. Wait. This is the one we’re supposed to ignore. Right?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
TIL that the iPad can’t or doesn’t resize on upload, therefore prohibiting me from attaching pics here due to their girth. (The phone does, though.)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just googled it, and according to The Knot, the average American wedding is ~$29K vs. the average European around $18K.

So, still a shitload of cash to drop on the festivities of a single day.
my wife and i spent waaaaaaaaaaay less than either of those numbers. we decided we'd rather put the money towards the downpayment on our house.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I thought 0-60s hover around 6.5s? Either way, my avg speed on my commute is probably 25, so that'll do, pig. I'd love a model 3, but not for 4x the price
Huh. I saw one 6.6 sec ref but there’s this as well

Not shabby in a world of trucks and latte-carrying SUV drivers, sure.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
my wife and i spent waaaaaaaaaaay less than either of those numbers. we decided we'd rather put the money towards the downpayment on our house.
The wife and I took 3 friends with us and rented a house overlooking the Columbia River. The pictures the day before were the most expensive. But even with my suit and her dress it was still only about $2k all in with the house for 3 days.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Huh. I saw one 6.6 sec ref but there’s this as well

Not shabby in a world of trucks and latte-carrying SUV drivers, sure.
Don't look at the i8. :rofl:

Well, maybe look at it, but don't drive it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Don't look at the i8. :rofl:

Well, maybe look at it, but don't drive it.
0-60 in 4.6 seconds per what I found. Not sure if I could stomach something that slow compared to my 3.8 second Model 3.

:D

(LR AWD + Acceleration Upgrade, time via a Redditor.)

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
0-60 in 4.6 seconds per what I found. Not sure if I could stomach something that slow compared to my 3.8 second Model 3.

:D

(LR AWD + Acceleration Upgrade, time via a Redditor.)
A buddy of mine has wanted one since they came out but can't stomach the awful performance. He drives a pretty fast R35 right now.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I am shocked at the performance of some of these electric cars. 0-60s in the 3s. They need to get the weight down, I don't care if you're quick off the line, driving a 5000lb car in anger is just awful.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just googled it, and according to The Knot, the average American wedding is ~$29K vs. the average European around $18K.

So, still a shitload of cash to drop on the festivities of a single day.
And that does not include the cost of the engagement ring and wedding bands. Average, traditional looking, one carat diamond solitaire runs at least $10k. And that's not designer stuff either.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Just found out my current employer is scrambling to find a new home. They have been here for over 20 years in these 3 buildings. But is seems Columbia Sportswear has bought the buildings. Finding a home for these big ass machines is one thing, moving them will be a bitch.