Quantcast

✧✦✧ Hump It GMT✧✦✧

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning Folks.

I have yet been unable to tender my resignation as I have been unable to contact my boss, typical. We have a meeting today at 11:00. It should happen then, but I suspect he will cancel. It will go via e-mail if that is the case.

The timing is ironic. My shitheel coworker just got a promotion to principle engineer. He is very strong technically but straight up terrible at everything a principle is supposed to do.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Weather's crazy - 53F and pissing rain this morning, 32F and windy by 6PM today, down to 20F tomorrow morning. Also, I cannot seem to be able to accumulate two fucks to be eventually given about anything lately. I guess I need a vacation.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning. Weather's crazy - 53F and pissing rain this morning, 32F and windy by 6PM today, down to 20F tomorrow morning. Also, I cannot seem to be able to accumulate two fucks to be eventually given about anything lately. I guess I need a vacation.
-53F and raining?!? How is this possible?!?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Had an all-hands 2 hour meeting yesterday that they only provided chairs for 1/2 the people. So I stood there for 2 hours fidgeting and not paying attention. Nailed it guys!

Pre-screen phone call this afternoon with the job I applied for yesterday. I intend to stress that I'm not an applicant, I'm an appliCAN.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
More morning boot camp for the boys and I got the older one to come too. Running and soccer. More tomorrow. I have not done any running since the 90s and I am very happy the boys are only 5 and 8.

Birthday present for the wife

Will be build up with Ritchey cockpit, DA 7900. Should be a very sweet ride.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
More morning boot camp for the boys and I got the older one to come too. Running and soccer. More tomorrow. I have not done any running since the 90s and I am very happy the boys are only 5 and 8.

Birthday present for the wife

Will be build up with Ritchey cockpit, DA 7900. Should be a very sweet ride.
In my college days there were certain events that would have led me to stare at your floor for hours on end.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It snowed here over night. Judging by my unplowed street, my town got about 6-8 inches. It seems that that is about the maximum amount of snow that the Subaru can handle. Almost got stuck backing out of the driveway, but when in doubt, throttle out!

Check out these ass-hats stuck at the bottom of my street. If only one of the 5 dudes told buddy who is stuck in the middle of the intersection to back up, he'd have no problem...How do taxi drivers drive the most out of anyone on the plane, yet they are the worst damn drivers?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
eff this headache. maybe coffee will help?
thinking about leaving early to try to finish a step up / step down line I've been working on at the local trail.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Folks.

I have yet been unable to tender my resignation as I have been unable to contact my boss, typical. We have a meeting today at 11:00. It should happen then, but I suspect he will cancel. It will go via e-mail if that is the case.

The timing is ironic. My shitheel coworker just got a promotion to principle engineer. He is very strong technically but straight up terrible at everything a principle is supposed to do.
life size cardboard cutout of yourself in your cube chair with a sign that says "i quit". problem solved.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, you fine internet people. This afternoon's weather will be 32 degrees with 40 mph winds, and to the possibility of going for a road ride in that, I say "FTS."

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
surely you jest?
You forget that his Subaru is from the lowered bro-dawg/flatbill camp.

I had a good rehearsal last night in lieu of caucusing. For the music people out there this concert is mainly a jazz-themed one but we have one legit/Latin piece that's written for C trumpets. One of the other guys in my section didn't bring his C so was transposing from B flat. This is normally easy enough but this piece is quick and has complex rhythms. He botched it royally, which is amusing since the group is usually so competent.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rocked the caucus out last night. Go Bernie Go! Wifey is home late tonight for slightly over 24 hours and then back out of town. Didn't get to work on my study material last night, so more time to be spent tonight.

Had a random dude at Haley's school stop me to say how nice and clean the M is. Always amusing.

Otherwise, work.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
God... trumpet players are so catty.

:D
Heh. He's a good player. Masters in trumpet performance, I believe. It was just a very uncharacteristic performance: not just bad, but really bad.

Had a random dude at Haley's school stop me to say how nice and clean the M is. Always amusing.
TIL: The ///M factor will help you meet all sorts of 25 year old guys. Better than a puppy! NTTAWWT.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Heh. He's a good player. Masters in trumpet performance, I believe. It was just a very uncharacteristic performance: not just bad, but really bad.

TIL: The ///M factor will help you meet all sorts of 25 year old guys. Better than a puppy! NTTAWWT.
He was easily in his 30's son. Tends to draw in an older crowd that knows the kind of beast they're looking at. And the car too.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

When we went skiing last Saturday I went down pretty hard once and took the corner of a binding into the inside of my left knee. Got a pretty good bruise but it hasn't really bothered me until I got .5 mile into a planned 11 mile run this morning, and it was killing me. Super sharp pain ever 3rd or 4th step. I had to call it. Walked home and am now super bummed. I was at 14 miles a month ago, took a week off, and have been struggling ever since to get back up to 14. I find this setback incredibly disappointing. :(

Rest of day = house stuff. Fire weather watch again today because crazy winds, so probably wont spend to much time outside.

Pre-screen phone call this afternoon with the job I applied for yesterday. I intend to stress that I'm not an applicant, I'm an appliCAN.
:disgust1: I've never hired anyone before, but if I were to do so, you would immediately be disqualified for that.

Did you tell him that because it hardly ever leaves the confines of your garage?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
When we went skiing last Saturday I went down pretty hard once and took the corner of a binding into the inside of my left knee. Got a pretty good bruise but it hasn't really bothered me until I got .5 mile into a planned 11 mile run this morning, and it was killing me. Super sharp pain ever 3rd or 4th step.
Ice + vitamin I?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:wave:

When we went skiing last Saturday I went down pretty hard once and took the corner of a binding into the inside of my left knee. Got a pretty good bruise but it hasn't really bothered me until I got .5 mile into a planned 11 mile run this morning, and it was killing me. Super sharp pain ever 3rd or 4th step. I had to call it. Walked home and am now super bummed. I was at 14 miles a month ago, took a week off, and have been struggling ever since to get back up to 14. I find this setback incredibly disappointing. :(

Did you tell him that because it hardly ever leaves the confines of your garage?
Hard? What the fuck kind of yardsale allows you to hit your binding on your knee?

Also, I laughed.