Quantcast

✿☀✿ Wed GMT ✿☀✿

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
yup. smells like spring out there. melting dog shit, snow mould, salt dust. aaaaaah spring.

I don't miss the northern melt. My (least) favorite was all the roadkill that got plowed into snowbanks. By the time things started to melt they were entombed in ice. As it retreated you got to slowly see if it was a possum, neighorhood cat, a deer or someones dog that got loose.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I left the house without a jacket this morning. I'm excited for this.

Another week of this and it might be time to start slinging mud around the local trails. Probably another week until the trails up north will be worth checking out. Main benefit of trails further north is that they deal with water much better and don't turn into swamps like around here.

Poop, coffee and then this work stuff. I FINALLY got a whole nights sleep last night.

I've already seen a few motorcycles out there on the roads. That must be sketchy with the amount of sand still on the roads...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Shitheel coworker who got promoted last week, just received yet another promotion to regional engineering manager. He is now my boss for my last week of work. My timing is excellent.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Dude's fail upward game is on point.
The company was started by 3 guys who were really solid engineers who were also talented leaders. They ran the day to day business up until about a year ago. Company just got too big for them. There is a big leadership gap in the company now. Instead of finding the right people for the job they just seem to test drive anyone who is willing to give it a try. They have about a 25% success rate.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fuck this noise. At least it is dumping in Tahoe and will be all the way through the weekend.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't miss the northern melt. My (least) favorite was all the roadkill that got plowed into snowbanks. By the time things started to melt they were entombed in ice. As it retreated you got to slowly see if it was a possum, neighorhood cat, a deer or someones dog that got loose.
what we do is make it a game. "guess what critter".

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
The company was started by 3 guys who were really solid engineers who were also talented leaders. They ran the day to day business up until about a year ago. Company just got too big for them. There is a big leadership gap in the company now. Instead of finding the right people for the job they just seem to test drive anyone who is willing to give it a try. They have about a 25% success rate.
Sounds like grooming grounds for future Robert Nardellis.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Fuck this noise. At least it is dumping in Tahoe and will be all the way through the weekend.
ugh. I know. Ive skied every storm this season in Tahoe except this miracle march moisture gang bang.
Snow pack in CO is sad.
Headed to Keystone or Breck today.
stoked to ski more but the driving will be dookie.
I guess it is time to grease up the MTB & get the climbing gear out.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Sitting by the fire now trying to get some work done but am really scatter brained today.
Any CO Monkees goijg to Frozen Dead Guy Days in Nederland this weekend?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sitting by the fire now trying to get some work done but am really scatter brained today.
Any CO Monkees goijg to Frozen Dead Guy Days in Nederland this weekend?
Didn't even know that was this weekend. Hmm. Never been before. BTW, when you are up for climbing I need a partner that knows what they are doing.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
ugh. I know. Ive skied every storm this season in Tahoe except this miracle march moisture gang bang.
Snow pack in CO is sad.
Headed to Keystone or Breck today.
stoked to ski more but the driving will be dookie.
I guess it is time to grease up the MTB & get the climbing gear out.
Given I'm going to Tahoe this weekend, I'm all good. The bike is already prepped...

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Snow snow snow at the mtn! It's raining in town for once. Yesterday was a local vote regarding the addition of a 5 cent gas tax to repair our ridiculously crumbling roads. It failed. Carry on.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Snow snow snow at the mtn! It's raining in town for once. Yesterday was a local vote regarding the addition of a 5 cent gas tax to repair our ridiculously crumbling roads. It failed. Carry on.
Let the free market take care of it.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Let the free market take care of it.
Nobody disagrees that the roads need help, they are a minefield of potholes....people just don't want to be taxed more. The alternative to the gas tax could be a "utility user fee" that just gets slapped on your utility bill. That fee doesn't have to be voted for, Council can just ask for it and get it. I sense a fight.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Didn't even know that was this weekend. Hmm. Never been before. BTW, when you are up for climbing I need a partner that knows what they are doing.
anytime but april will be busy for me.
I mostly boulder & sport climb and am an intermediate at best. Havent been on a wall outside a gym in a while. I will PM you my digits & we can talk specifics if you want. I am jonesing to get back on some rock.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Today is my first cardiac rehab appointment where they will assess the condition of my rerouted plumbing and develop an inprovement plan. Other than that nothing much going on my way, first official day back to work was uneventful.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
W
Nobody disagrees that the roads need help, they are a minefield of potholes....people just don't want to be taxed more. The alternative to the gas tax could be a "utility user fee" that just gets slapped on your utility bill. That fee doesn't have to be voted for, Council can just ask for it and get it. I sense a fight.
Who needs roads when you have trails?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Americans are great at deferring costs and spending more. All those potholes cost time, and wear and tear on vehicles. At a cost higher than it would be to fix the shit.

When I lived in Cleveland people would consider a car to be tough and reliable if the ball joints and tie rod ends lasted more than 50,000 miles.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Attempted to run to the end of the driveway. Took all of three good strides before the knee said "screw you asshole!". I am highly discouraged by this turn of events. Will probably go for an easy bike ride once breakfast/coffee settles. Single speed roadie to the east, or hardtail circuit of Palmer Park to the west. :think:

Shitheel coworker who got promoted last week, just received yet another promotion to regional engineering manager. He is now my boss for my last week of work. My timing is excellent.
Fuck up, move up!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Americans are great at deferring costs and spending more. All those potholes cost time, and wear and tear on vehicles. At a cost higher than it would be to fix the shit.
That's how we have gotten here - deferring maintenance for YEARS!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Wet and raining today, it's my Friday, so I don't give a damn. I get a different cube tomorrow, I can't wait to be away from this group of super nerds.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
wesr fork butte lookout secured for september....spruce mountain....elusive...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've just found one of my pet peeves online. I'm looking for a good sprint tri training program online and I just found one that looks really familiar. It's a word for word copy of another half-length program I have used in the past, just with a different day schedule for workouts. They didn't factor in that there are 4-6 different types of workouts for each discipline, just bike X time, swim Y distance, etc. However, when you look at the body of the text it clearly breaks out the individual workout types. It's not by the same guy that I bought it from, so his program is being given away free and not credited. Total pet peeve. Dude put a lot of work into that program and isn't getting paid for it now.