Quantcast

❁❃❁Thursday GMT❁❃❁

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Another summer like day. I'll take it. Unfortunately I have work to do. Will try to focus on quickly producing shoddy product so I can get out on the bike.

The fact that I was able to flush the turd I let loose this morning is a testament to modern plumbing.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Keep taking like that and you're gonna get a promotion.
It would take a lot more effort to get a promotion. I would have to make grand promises, do nothing, lie about not doing it, then call in sick when it due so someone else would have to do the work.

It is easier just to half-ass it.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It would take a lot more effort to get a promotion. I would have to make grand promises, do nothing, lie about not doing it, then call in sick when it due so someone else would have to do the work.
Sounds like your exit interview will be a delight.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I get my fatbike at the end of the month. at the rate the melt is going, I won't need it until next fall. I can't believe I'm actually hoping for a continuation of winter! Oh well, what are you gonna do.

In other news, this morning's adrenaline jolt brought to you by Apple, in another case of "I didn't see you". (more specifically, a big yellow bus, with flashing lights and a stop sign sticking out the side)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

It is easier just to half-ass it.
have you started setting booby traps for the shitheel boss?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies!

8 Solid hours of sleep and I am ready for daylight savings this sunday. Another half day at work and then off to the trails for some moderate walking. While it will be partly sunny and warm a winter "storm'" is rolling in with winds in the 25 mile an hour range. I'm not a fan of wind, we have no trees to block the gusts along the trails.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Wife has some sort of nasty hacking cough and kept me up half the night with her carrying on. I should have been merciful and put her out of her misery with a pillow over the face. Then at least I could have slept more than a few hours.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Mornin!

Wife has some sort of nasty hacking cough and kept me up half the night with her carrying on. I should have been merciful and put her out of her misery with a pillow over the face. Then at least I could have slept more than a few hours.
i woke up at 4:30 so congested i could barely breathe, then spent the next 90 minutes having various coughing fits trying to dislodge phlegm

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, sunshines! I was not happy when the alarm went off at 5:15 this morning...not happy at all. But I rolled my lazy ass out of bed and to the pool to swim with the masters group. 2200 yards done. The masters coach basically told me to stop slacking and work harder. Of course, he was very nice about how he said it but I can read between the lines. :happydance:

Very pleasant temperatures out there today but rain is looking to fock up ride plans.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So much rain here. These Toyo winter tires absolutely suck when the roads are wet. I would not buy again.

I almost got taken out this morning by a grey Acura, who decided to attempt to change lanes in the middle of an intersection. When I looked over, that guy was completely oblivious to anything around him; death grip on the steering wheel and eyes like a deer stuck in the headlights. He didn't even flinch when I honked.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So much rain here. These Toyo winter tires absolutely suck when the roads are wet. I would not buy again.

I almost got taken out this morning by a grey Acura, who decided to attempt to change lanes in the middle of an intersection. When I looked over, that guy was completely oblivious to anything around him; death grip on the steering wheel and eyes like a deer stuck in the headlights. He didn't even flinch when I honked.
Saw an old lady driving down the wrong side of a divided highway yesterday. She had several opportunities to pull off the road but just kept going. I can't imagine what was going through her head as an onslaught of oncoming traffic dodged and honked at here. I suspect she either was driving home from the bong shed or was suffering from some form of dementia.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Saw an old lady driving down the wrong side of a divided highway yesterday. She had several opportunities to pull off the road but just kept going. I can't imagine what was going through her head as an onslaught of oncoming traffic dodged and honked at here. I suspect she either was driving home from the bong shed or was suffering from some form of dementia.
That shit is freaking scary. A few people were killed up here last year, when a car got on one of the freeways going the wrong way. They made it a few KM before plowing head-on into traffic.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Might be doing a little moonlighting to make a few extra bucks. This will definitely nullify any shot at riding over the next few weeks.

Ah, youngest is now awake. Best fetch him...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That shit is freaking scary. A few people were killed up here last year, when a car got on one of the freeways going the wrong way. They made it a few KM before plowing head-on into traffic.
I grew up near the Taconic Parkway. It was a regular occurrence to have someone go the wrong way up the highway, especially at night. You had to keep an eye out for headlights coming your way and ready to take evasive action to get the fuck off the road.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
After an epicly shitty winter the weather has taken a delightful turn. Gonna blow out of work early for the 2nd time this week and ride. Now I'm just afraid we won't get enough rain to finish a few last trail projects... Just found out the wife is taking the baby to her friend's place and leaving me with the dog. Very excite about the forthcoming weekend as a bachelor...I should sleep but won't.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
just. gotta. get. through. the. day.
fuckit friday/pisgah proper ride planned for tomorrow to hit one of the seasonal trails before it closes. hopefully my legs will be in better climbing shape than they were last week . . .

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
just. gotta. get. through. the. day.
fuckit friday/pisgah proper ride planned for tomorrow to hit one of the seasonal trails before it closes. hopefully my legs will be in better climbing shape than they were last week . . .
What kind of seasonal trail closes in the spring?? Isn't that backwards?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Forgot to buy coffee yesterday so it was roll out of bed and go straight to the store this morning. Bought something I really used to like, but now find vastly inferior to the blend I've been getting from the local roaster. #firstworldproblem.

Honey-do list needs completed. Probably going to call the doc about my knee, its fucking killing me right now, yesterdays bike ride may have been a bad idea.

edit: I've also kind of let my beard grow out, did a trim this morning. Somewhat alarmingly, most of the hair that used to be red-ish, is now distinctly grey-ish. :dead:

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
dia de la Thor...where does the week go amirite?

skied breck yesterday & was able to find some fun stuff. the best being Serenity Bowl was a nice short hike too.
fun day.
today i take photos of barns & goats. then coffee shop for working later.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
What kind of seasonal trail closes in the spring?? Isn't that backwards?
They close a few that are particularly susceptible to mud/erosion as we tend to get decent amounts of rain in the spring/summer and some trails out there deal better with it then others. It's national forest land, so the gubmint makes the call...

The kind that is shared with hikers and equestrians... @jstuhlman I'm bummed that I may not make it up there to get another few runs of Bennett or Picklesimmer before they close. Where you headed?
Looking at doing Bennett and Black, probably. Haven't hit Bennett since last spring, when I was able to get to it twice before it closed.