Quantcast

❁❃❁Thursday GMT❁❃❁

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I had an all time day last time I did Bennett and Black despite puncturing my tubeless right in the tread then flatting two mid-weight tubes--apparently I am both fat and hackish. Regardless, that's prob my favorite loop out there and I'm very jealous.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I rode my bike today… to work. We fly out to the Big Island on Saturday.

/winning, or is it \\\Winning?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Dude from other department:
Hey, can you have your department run a fire drill for that thing we talked about months ago, but didn't give you any feedback on until yesterday? I need it by Monday.

Me:
No.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
400+ gigs of new music software downloaded and installed last night. Time to drink Monster and sequence until my fingers fall off and my ears melt.

#neversleepagain

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Looking at doing Bennett and Black, probably. Haven't hit Bennett since last spring, when I was able to get to it twice before it closed.
I haven't hit Bennett since I lived up there. This is the ride I wanna do before 4/15:

Start at ranger station
Up Clawhammer
Left on Black Mountain
Down Avery
Up dirt road pass Bennett
Right on Club Gap for some hike-a-bike
Down Buckwheat
Down Bennett
Back to Ranger Station

For my slow climbing ass this will require staying in a hotel the night before so I can start early and not have to lose sleep for driving.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Yeah, I liked Bennett, and Black's on my bucket list.
Other classics in that part of Pisgah are Farlow/Daniel and, a little further north, Pilot.

A little bit east of Asheville, Heartbreak is another classic.

I prefer to ride in the Wilson Creek area most of the time, just to the east of Linville Gorge - it's a bit closer to me, and gets much less traffic. There are a ton of great, rugged routes out there.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I signed an apartment lease, which starts today. The landlord is out of town today. What the flying fuck, way to get off on a good start there bud.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
For today's moderate physical activity I did a moderate 6 mile hike in an hour and 45 minutes, I actually ran for 2 minutes because questions on an assessment always seem like a challenge to me. Sustained winds at 29 miles per hours made skipping the bike a good decision.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
When I started my diet one of the things that pissed me off was that my waist and ass were too big to fit into a pair of nearly brand new baggie shorts size XL. I tried them on today. the damn things are baggy everywhere:banana::banana::banana:

I had to crank down the drawstring to keep them on. This keeps up and I will have to go shopping for a size large pair.:thumb:

Walked 7 miles today, ate 1000 calories

Time to hit the weights

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
When I started my diet one of the things that pissed me off was that my waist and ass were too big to fit into a pair of nearly brand new baggie shorts size XL. I tried them on today. the damn things are baggy everywhere:banana::banana::banana:

I had to crank down the drawstring to keep them on. This keeps up and I will have to go shopping for a size large pair.:thumb:

Walked 7 miles today, ate 1000 calories

Time to hit the weights
Fat, sir, is a feminist issue.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
to us older guys it ( the loss thereof) is a survival issue. Heart attacks and or major bypass surgery, and diabetes are a suck rock reality. I saw warning signs and took action. SM is just trying to survive and recover. It killed our Fat Lawyer friend.
I have to agree, I was 35 lbs overweight and pretty active; excess poundage is the number one controllable for just about everything that slows you down.