Quantcast

*❄* Snow my arse GMT ❄*❄

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
First snowfall of the year, first vehicular fatality of the year (assuming, based on wreckage of car).

Took 2hrs 15min to drive to work this morning (different facility). Holy shit do I not miss that commute in the winter at all.

I guess the good news is I got out of work early and I'm currently typing this sans pants. So all hope is not lost

heavyd

Monkey
Dec 1, 2016
Not where I wanna be
I drove about 4hrs in it Saturday night (had a gig in Des Moines, IA, drove there/back in snow/slush). Only saw one car off the side of the road, think that's a new record.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
4th week of class for work. Work is paying for class and salary while in class, so can't really complain. But after a while, you just want to eat a bullet. At least I get a raise when I'm done.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Omg. I breathed before swallowing and took a bite of grapefruit down the wrong pipe. Oh god it hurts. Please make the burning cough stop.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
4th week of class for work. Work is paying for class and salary while in class, so can't really complain. But after a while, you just want to eat a bullet.
There is a training class I was supposed to have done by the end of the year that I am sitting through. It's online, but this class is painful. ILTS IT Service Management. I miss Agile. :(

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
What car have you jimmydeaned?
I've yet to jimmydean a car luckily.

But this looked like a Civic or similar. Front end completely smashed/missing, roof caved in about 1/2 the height of the windows. Looked like he was hauling ass, hit a guard rail head on then rolled. a couple times. If he did live, he was hurting.

heavyd

Monkey
Dec 1, 2016
Not where I wanna be
I hate office politics. So many people here do fuck all and want to blame everyone else when they're put under a microscope.

One day I will exit corporate America.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
From perfect trail conditions yesterday to this shit...not amused.

That said, buddy and I had a great blast on the trails today. We had the entire forest to ourselves, except for one cross country skier.

The fat bike...........wasn't too bad.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Almost forgot to actually check in. Uneventful weekend. Went to TopGolf on Saturday night, which was a ton of fun.

Haley got 2nd in the 25yd freestyle and 4th in 25 back on Saturday.

7.56 mile run on Saturday at a whopping 31* out. It hurt. Held a ~10:35 pace. Not exceptional, but I'll take it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
14 degrees at 7 AM tomorrow and about 50% chance of snow by 5 PM. Yeah, I think I'll grab the keys to the Land Cruiser instead of taking the bike.